Metamorphosis is turning into a World Tour

jinthahouse

8 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Now sis. I’m from the UK and watched as this aired. I wasn’t talking about this rubbish set of Hers I was talking about the tour (being lazy). I already know Glastonbury was 60% a mess because I watched on the TV as she was doing it 🙄

43 minutes ago, bu. said:

My point is it was Glastonbury. The setlist should have been songs for the people attending, not the diehard fans. How are you going to perform after 8 years in the UK and miss out the songs that people actually know you for in the UK. Rhythm Nation 1814 lowkey bombed in Europe. You do songs that people know you for, not songs that your diehards know that probably weren’t in attendance. But that’s all been said in the Glastonbury thread 

that sounds a lot like trying to please everyone and that never happens. I think she's found a formula, if you will, that basically is all about the fans I mean she open the Essence festival with a B-side and you can't tell me most of the people there were checking for Janet like a die hard. Janet is doing whatever the hell she wants, she's earned it, if people enjoy great if they dont that's fine too she's been there done that and then some

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, bu. said:

Now sis. I’m from the UK and watched as this aired. I wasn’t talking about this rubbish set of Hers I was talking about the tour (being lazy). I already know Glastonbury was 60% a mess because I watched on the TV as she was doing it 🙄

let's hear your thoughts on the other 40% :unsure:

40 minutes ago, Bailey said:

that sounds a lot like trying to please everyone and that never happens. I think she's found a formula, if you will, that basically is all about the fans I mean she open the Essence festival with a B-side and you can't tell me most of the people there were checking for Janet like a die hard. Janet is doing whatever the hell she wants, she's earned it, if people enjoy great if they dont that's fine too she's been there done that and then some

It is stupid to perform songs that many don’t know in a country where you are forgotten. It’s not pleasing, it’s knowing your audience. I would not go to a redneck festival and start rapping Tupac songs. 

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

let's hear your thoughts on the other 40% :unsure:

Picked up and brilliant. I was excited during and also underwhelmed. Don’t get me wrong TAT was amazing as Game knows since I was screaming on Snapchat but in hindsight the set was a mess. 

5 hours ago, bu. said:

My point is it was Glastonbury. The setlist should have been songs for the people attending, not the diehard fans. How are you going to perform after 8 years in the UK and miss out the songs that people actually know you for in the UK. Rhythm Nation 1814 lowkey bombed in Europe. You do songs that people know you for, not songs that your diehards know that probably weren’t in attendance. But that’s all been said in the Glastonbury thread 

So u wanted her to do Glastonbury with a SOTW setlist? 

The last time she performed Europe, she specifically did her #1s. 

It’s the anniversary of RN and that’s what they got, if Glastonbury wanted more, they would’ve given her more time

6 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

So u wanted her to do Glastonbury with a SOTW setlist? 

The last time she performed Europe, she specifically did her #1s. 

It’s the anniversary of RN and that’s what they got, if Glastonbury wanted more, they would’ve given her more time

Janet isn’t royalty in the UK for her to demand that kind of respect. Be grateful they accepted her money to get a slot. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bu. said:

Janet isn’t royalty in the UK for her to demand that kind of respect. Be grateful they accepted her money to get a slot. 

ABBA wasn't exactly royalty in the US, but it didn't stop their music from being revisited.

41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

the setlist of Gladstonbury was fire!  She kept it pumping the whole time come on now :umm:

It was fire for a fan. Hence why she got a frosty reception from most people 

3 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Ive been saying!

!!!

2 minutes ago, Illi said:

ABBA wasn't exactly royalty in the US, but it didn't stop their music from being revisited.

Revisited by others. Not by the artist themself. It was STUPID of her to have that setlist in the UK. 

1 minute ago, bu. said:

Revisited by others. Not by the artist themself. It was STUPID of her to have that setlist in the UK. 

Stupid is a bit much. Even if RN wasn't that big in the UK, it's still arguable her most prolific project. That's how most people define her sound.

58 minutes ago, Illi said:

Stupid is a bit much. Even if RN wasn't that big in the UK, it's still arguable her most prolific project. That's how most people define her sound.

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

and she did almost the entire RN album her most Michael Jackson like project.......come on now! :sigh:

RN wasn't big here but yes it still iconic and well known. RN got one of the biggest response. What we are saying is concentrate on those well known songs...deep cuts like RNB Junkie, COGU, TAT are not gonna be that appreciated being performed here, ESPECIALLY a Glastonbury crowd. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, vibeology said:

RN wasn't big here but yes it still iconic and well known. RN got one of the biggest response. What we are saying is concentrate on those well known songs...deep cuts like RNB Junkie, COGU, TAT are not gonna be that appreciated being performed here, ESPECIALLY a Glastonbury crowd. 

......Yet I didn't hear anyone complain there about the song choices (except for you guys, lol). People online thought she was miming, but i haven't heard people say she was singing songs they didn't know? 

People at Glastonbury seemed to enjoy the show.

21 minutes ago, Jakob said:

......Yet I didn't hear anyone complain there about the song choices (except for you guys, lol). People online thought she was miming, but i haven't heard people say she was singing songs they didn't know? 

People at Glastonbury seemed to enjoy the show.

fair point...I have heard many say how dead the crowd appeared though and ive seen some videos showing that. I believe the songs choice contributed towards that. Yes there were parts where the crowd appeared to enjoy most definitely...for those well known songs. 

7 hours ago, bu. said:

U mean, be grateful that she showed up and even gave 50 minutes, because she clearly wasn’t pressed to perform in Europe.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vibeology said:

Fair enough, but calling it stupid is bit dramatic...

3 hours ago, vibeology said:

Why would she concentrate on her hits when she’s over that? That was 8yrs ago, ppl bought tickets for those shows. She knows they want something different, and she has nothing to lose by performing her album cuts. She’s already Janet Jackson. 

And judging by how she performed the next day, she wasn’t bothered. 

It’s her career, let her run it her way. If you don’t like it, oh well, but you aren’t a world renown entertainer to critiqué what she does.   

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bu. said:

And she should be. That's just sad to hear but the blame goes to her for not touring there in so long.

4 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

Why would she concentrate on her hits when she’s over that? That was 8yrs ago, ppl bought tickets for those shows. She knows they want something different, and she has nothing to lose by performing her album cuts. She’s already Janet Jackson. 

And judging by how she performed the next day, she wasn’t bothered. 

It’s her career, let her run it her way. If you don’t like it, oh well, but you aren’t a world renown entertainer to critiqué what she does.   

People didn’t - they weren’t sold out shows. 

Stay mad that she delivered a shit show and got dragged for it 

29 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

And she should be. That's just sad to hear but the blame goes to her for not touring there in so long.

Exactly. 

4 hours ago, bu. said:

People didn’t - they weren’t sold out shows. 

Stay mad that she delivered a shit show and got dragged for it 

Exactly. 

I'm not letting you say this. Glastonbury was a great show but there happened to be technical issues which weren't her fault. The Montreux show was very succesful: it was sold out (the €600 balcony tickets too as well) and the show was really good.

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

The Montreux show was very succesful: it was sold out (the €600 balcony tickets too as well) and the show was really good.

They don’t want to focus on her positives (Montr) even though it’s happened right after

They wanna wallow in her negatives. It’s really sad that some “fans” still dissing Glasto but stay silent when it comes to Montreux The Great Depression has taken over two threads about it. Sad!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jakob said:

I'm not letting you say this. Glastonbury was a great show but there happened to be technical issues which weren't her fault. The Montreux show was very succesful: it was sold out (the €600 balcony tickets too as well) and the show was really good.

But I did say it 

5 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

They don’t want to focus on her positives (Montr) even though it’s happened right after

They wanna wallow in her negatives. It’s really sad that some “fans” still dissing Glasto but stay silent when it comes to Montreux The Great Depression has taken over two threads about it. Sad!

I don’t know Montreux and don’t care about it. 

• Downvote 2