Paul

bu.

Who remembers him? Long term member of the forum from London. I just found out that he died last year and I’m annoyed and angry that I didn’t know. I was thinking of him today and thought I’d go to his Facebook to see what he’s been up to and message him but then I saw a lot of rest in peace messages on his wall from April 2019. I literally was speaking to him in March that year and we were trying to meet up. I have no idea what happened but I’m shocked. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bu. said:

Who remembers him? Long term member of the forum from London. I just found out that he died last year and I’m annoyed and angry that I didn’t know. I was thinking of him today and thought I’d go to his Facebook to see what he’s been up to and message him but then I saw a lot of rest in peace messages on his wall from April 2019. I literally was speaking to him in March that year and we were trying to meet up. I have no idea what happened but I’m shocked. 

I got a bad feeling when I saw this thread title. 

omg I am SHOCKED. We were friends on facebook too. Damn. So fucking sad I can't believe it. :( 

8 hours ago, bu. said:

Shit that is a shock...

13 hours ago, bu. said:

I'm shocked!!!  He's a FB friend but I never saw him post much, his last post was on his birthday March 4, 2019 :( 

It’s nuts that we didn’t know - but then how would the fam know to contact us... Paul was such a great guy when I met him with Bu, he was funny and that squirrel whispering thing was crazy lol.

There’s been a lot of people disappeared off this forum. I think about Henry quite often.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Selz said:

It’s nuts that we didn’t know - but then how would the fam know to contact us... Paul was such a great guy when I met him with Bu, he was funny and that squirrel whispering thing was crazy lol.

There’s been a lot of people disappeared off this forum. I think about Henry quite often.

I’m glad you got to meet him. It is crazy to think about how some of our most active members are no longer here. I do hope Henry is well. 

Paul is I think the third  member I’ve known that’s passed. While it’s a reality of life, it still hurts when it’s one of our own. 

I love y’all. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Angela said:

I’m glad you got to meet him. It is crazy to think about how some of our most active members are no longer here. I do hope Henry is well. 

Paul is I think the third  member I’ve known that’s passed. While it’s a reality of life, it still hurts when it’s one of our own. 

I love y’all. 

Even though we are not all as active this forum holds a special place in my heart. Thank you Angie for keeping it running all these years, that fact most of us have been posting together for at least 14 years is crazy to think about. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Aquaria said:

Even though we are not all as active this forum holds a special place in my heart. Thank you Angie for keeping it running all these years, that fact most of us have been posting together for at least 14 years is crazy to think about. 

It is crazy to think about it. This forum and the people that are a part of it mean a lot to me. I’ve been part of the online Janfam community for almost 19 years which is insane. I couldn’t imagine not knowing y’all. 

• Upvote 1

I love being a part of this forum. I don't post a lot but I do look in almost everyday to see if there's a thread that interests me. I would engage in some of the threads that do interest me but they're made by Bailey and I've had him on block ever since Game was kicked out for being toxic.

• Downvote 1

Let me be frank  , over the years this whole bit has gotten well "dated" now that is not to say that the founder of this forum aint on her shit, cause this place trumps pretty much every other forum, I started out on Miss Janet, back in 1995ish, I remember it was through AOL, who remembers thats?  long time ago, it was different then, Janet would sneak in on us and we had no clue, Rene would make his presence known. So much has changed. So much hasn't, It's been one hell of a ride over the years, from Henry, Pie, LoveProfusion, TheHiltonSuite, ThatOtherFan, Mr. Together, Jodie, Matt, sooooo many I cannot name. I do miss the days we had over 40 people on at one time, but things change, and we keep moving, or should, because whether we do or dont the world moves on regardless. Hell I've written an entire autobiography here

I paid my respects to Paul because even though he and I butted heads often, I still liked that guy, he was one of the fam. as is Game I still speak to him, when I can be bothered :rolleyes:  

I tried to give 18.14 to Paul but shit man the US dollar aint $18.14 in British pounds :lol:   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I love ya’ll too, I’ve been talking to you in some form or another since I think 2005 when I first started living on my own.

I don’t post here much anymore but I do see many of your stories and posts on FB, Insta and Twitter. Even though you don’t look at mine <span style=😒"><span style=😂"><span style=😂">

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

'A little update...

So it turns out a "frenemy" of mine I went to school with was Pauls half brother. I knew Pauls surname was Drummond and then eventually gathered they were related...I thought cousins. However, I met with a mutual friend (of mine and frenemy) this eve. I'm sad to tell you all that the cause of his death was suicide.

It really hit home with me. I've been close to the edge of doing something similar in the past, but never have. I know its been echoed in the thread, but many of us have been connecting here over years, some have met, some not. But there is a common bond...the love of our Queen. I'm a bit in my feelings at the moment,  but id like to think I could try and help somebody. Maybe some cant be helped...and I don't know what the circumstances were with him. But he seemed to have such a zest for life...you would never think, but you just never know.

I guess what I'm rabbling on about is I hope nobody feels so low, so alone that they would need to do that. I know its only this forum, but if anyone can help, even just "talking" on here, let us know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:mellow:  I messaged Bu and Selz, they both met Paul. You just never know what's going on in a person's life. Paul was a very attractive man, and he was strong willed on here, I just wish he was still alive, to crack jokes, diss, laugh, cry, love do all the things and see all the things there is to see. Its just sad to hear, I know Ive had some not so great moments, but I think about how my actions will affect others, besides if things go south, I usually unplug anyway and keep to myself ....RIP Paul :( 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bailey said:

:mellow:  I messaged Bu and Selz, they both met Paul. You just never know what's going on in a person's life. Paul was a very attractive man, and he was strong willed on here, I just wish he was still alive, to crack jokes, diss, laugh, cry, love do all the things and see all the things there is to see. Its just sad to hear, I know Ive had some not so great moments, but I think about how my actions will affect others, besides if things go south, I usually unplug anyway and keep to myself ....RIP Paul :( 

thank u...i wanted them to know in particular

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 6:08 PM, vibeology said:

'A little update...

So it turns out a "frenemy" of mine I went to school with was Pauls half brother. I knew Pauls surname was Drummond and then eventually gathered they were related...I thought cousins. However, I met with a mutual friend (of mine and frenemy) this eve. I'm sad to tell you all that the cause of his death was suicide.

It really hit home with me. I've been close to the edge of doing something similar in the past, but never have. I know its been echoed in the thread, but many of us have been connecting here over years, some have met, some not. But there is a common bond...the love of our Queen. I'm a bit in my feelings at the moment,  but id like to think I could try and help somebody. Maybe some cant be helped...and I don't know what the circumstances were with him. But he seemed to have such a zest for life...you would never think, but you just never know.

I guess what I'm rabbling on about is I hope nobody feels so low, so alone that they would need to do that. I know its only this forum, but if anyone can help, even just "talking" on here, let us know.

I am so sorry to hear he got to that place. I hope he is at peace now.

I have problems with depression in general and this f*cking year aint making shit easier and I'm sure we can all relate. We're not in this alone guys. I love you all. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 6:08 PM, vibeology said:

'A little update...

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm happy that he is no longer in pain and is at peace.-_-

It sucks that I never knew him personally, but we connected thru Janet(like most of us on here). :tear:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 5:08 PM, vibeology said:

'A little update...

Thanks for coming back to this and sharing.  When I read some of the comments on the memorial page, I had a suspicion it was that, but to read it and see it confirmed, hurt my heart. 

I hope whatever his beliefs are, that he found peace that eluded him in this life.

I have known of Paul since 2001 (was one of the first members that stuck out to me when I joined jj.com), as he was so freaking memorable and charismatic... and I had never even met him, nor spoken to him.

I just want to say that I'm glad that even at your lowest moments in life, you're still here and with us.  As others have mentioned, we are not as active as we used to be, but this is a community I've been a part of for 19 years and it holds a very special place in my heart.  I came into this family as I was coming of age, and the memories, and lessons learned here, played such a critical role in helping to shape my worldview.  Please never doubt your impact, y'all.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2020 at 6:08 PM, vibeology said:

'A little update...

Yep, I knew it was suicide. Rip. -_-