Is your favorite Janet song a non-mainstream album track?

LyricalLesson

People trip out when I tell them that "Sexhibition" is my ultimate favorite Janet song. I just think it displays EVERYTHING that a great upbeat song needs to have. A sick beat, a ferocious delivery, witty and attention grabbing lyrics, fearlessness . . . And most importantly -- blazingly strong and passionate vocals. Janet KILLED the vocals on "Sexhibition". In fact, when non-fans try to say Janet can't sing, this is the FIRST song I provide them with as proof. And 95% of the time it's met with a shocked and pleasantly surprised reaction ^_^ I can bump it to this day like it just came out yesterday. If anyone dislikes it, I would honestly not understand why -- unless it just 'isn't their kind of thing' musically.

Is your favorite Janet song a well known single, or an album track? And WHY is it your favorite song?

Well "That's the Way Love Goes" has been my favorite years before I even knew it was her biggest hit, so it being mainstream didn't affect my opinion. The production, the jazzy vocals ("Oh sugar don't you hurry" :blush:), and the whole vibe are just perfect... I could never get tired of it; there's no song like it. :blush:

Yeah I a couple from "The Velvet Rope".....My Need and Empty.....both of these songs are completely different very much as anything she has done as far the sound goes vocally and musically and lyrically. Love them to death and they really get under my skin and give me goosebumps. Empty is orgasmic and My Need is just exactly how I feel when I need it!

Well "That's the Way Love Goes" has been my favorite years before I even knew it was her biggest hit, so it being mainstream didn't affect my opinion. The production, the jazzy vocals ("Oh sugar don't you hurry" :blush:), and the whole vibe are just perfect... I could never get tired of it; there's no song like it. :blush:

my fav part is "i'll give you the time of your life" uuuuugh i love how she sings that :wub:

My fave non single Janet tracks are

And On And On - I love the way she sings the verses with the 2 layers, one really deep and the other higher

Who - I love the flow and the edge it has. So different.

SloLove/Put Your Hands On - I love the smoothness and the poppiness

My Need - Just hot.....I neeeeed youuuuoooooouuuuuuuooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu like a flower needs the rain

Anything - LOVE IT!

I'm telling you it would be a great opener for a concert! I would just die. :wub: :wub: :w00t::fail::cheer: :cheer: :excited::clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

i feel u babe :excited::yahoo::excited::yahoo::wub: that will set the tone for all night......when i close my eyes....i can see your face ...when i lick my lips.... oooooooo let me play that song :wub: :wub:

Archived