What do you consider Janet's BEST vocal performance, on a track?

LyricalLesson

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Together Again

2. Love Will Never Do (Without You)

3. All For You

4. Rhythm Nation

5. I Get Lonely

I would express my strong dislike for "What Can I Say", but I'll just say I couldn't stomach it after 28 seconds -_-

:o :o :o

I had no idea you didn't like "What Can I Say" :lmao: 28 seconds, daaaaayum!

I don't know, I remember when I first heard it, my initial reaction was "WHY IN THE HELL WAS THIS NEVER RELEASED?!"

For me, the vocals on that song are out of this world strong. I was even shocked by it, even though I know Janet can bring the firepower when she wants to.

I go back and forth between that one and "All For You", but at the moment I think it has a slight edge.

I don't know, I remember when I first heard it, my initial reaction was "WHY IN THE HELL WAS THIS NEVER RELEASED?!"

For me, the vocals on that song are out of this world strong. I was even shocked by it, even though I know Janet can bring the firepower when she wants to.

I go back and forth between that one and "All For You", but at the moment I think it has a slight edge.

It's funny because my initial reaction was "I can see why this was never released" -_- I think it's because I compare it to "Clap Your Hands" since they leaked on the same day, and I really love "CYH" -_-

It's funny because my initial reaction was "I can see why this was never released" -_- I think it's because I compare it to "Clap Your Hands" since they leaked on the same day, and I really love "CYH" -_-

:lol: You know, I think that was a 'love it or hate it' song. I remember people being blown away on the blogs when it leaked, and I remember a few being unmoved. There was no middle road, haha.

I feel you on the comparisons -- I like "Clap Your Hands", which I heard first. But then when I heard "What Can I Say", I don't think I listened "CYH" again for a long while, being that I was so mystified over "WCIS".

Mine too!

CYH is one of my favs

Even better

I'd say best vocal...A4U

Top 5 (IMO):

5 Honorable mentions (in no particular order):

"Black Cat" - "Scream" - "Again" - "I Get Lonely" - "Island Life"

5. "Rhythm Nation"

4. "Sexhibition"

3. "Love Will Never Do (Without You)"

2. "All For You"

1. "What Can I Say"

This is what I felt for a LONG time. Its interesting because I spoke with Tonex aka Bslade and since I know he's a Janet stan (from a vocalists standpoint) I was curious to know what he thought of "What Can I Say". So he told me that he felt that Rich had Janet singing a little out of her range (as Sir Duke said)..but oddly he said he still felt like Janet was holding back. :umm: Then I said "You dont think that Janet is projecting her voice more on here than what you normally hear from her..?". He said the projection is definately there and he does like the track. He's been saying Janet can sing alot better than what she allows herself.He truly think she limits herself.

:lol: You know, I think that was a 'love it or hate it' song. I remember people being blown away on the blogs when it leaked, and I remember a few being unmoved. There was no middle road, haha.

I feel you on the comparisons -- I like "Clap Your Hands", which I heard first. But then when I heard "What Can I Say", I don't think I listened "CYH" again for a long while, being that I was so mystified over "WCIS".

I listened to the song in full like once or twice (most likely once). It sounded like she was singing way over her range to me.

I guess I'm immune to "WCIS"'s power, but "CYH" had me catching the Damita Jost -_-

This is what I felt for a LONG time. Its interesting because I spoke with Tonex aka Bslade and since I know he's a Janet stan (from a vocalists standpoint) I was curious to know what he thought of "What Can I Say". So he told me that he felt that Rich had Janet singing a little out of her range (as Sir Duke said)..but oddly he said he still felt like Janet was holding back. :umm: Then I said "You dont think that Janet is projecting her voice more on here than what you normally hear from her..?". He said the projection is definately there and he does like the track. He's been saying Janet can sing alot better than what she allows herself.He truly think she limits herself.

*starts a petition so he can never submit songs to Janet and/or cover her songs ever again* :umm:

1. He Doesn't Know I'm Alive

2. Love Will Never Do

3. I know The Truth (purely because I never heard her sing like that before)

4. Enjoy

5. Island life (The adlibs are :excited: )

Some of you guys pic really random songs.......What Can I say? I barely listened to that once...Next you will be saying that Let Me Know is a great vocal :thumbdown:

1. He Doesn't Know I'm Alive

2. Love Will Never Do

3. I know The Truth (purely because I never heard her sing like that before)

4. Enjoy

5. Island life (The adlibs are :excited: )

Some of you guys pic really random songs.......What Can I say? I barely listened to that once...Next you will be saying that Let Me Know is a great vocal :thumbdown:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Archived