Do You Think These Artists Can Be Successful Again???

Escapade

Mya (with the right label support and sound she might)

Ciara (she needs a new label, a new team, a different sound, etc., etc.)

Ashanti

Brandy maybe

Nelly (he has a hit so...)

Jennifer Lopez (she has a hit so we will see)

LMFAO! @ Henry's commentary.

I think that Jennifer Lopez and Brandy could with the right material. Not as huge as they were at the turn of the century, but they can get back in the hunt. Nelly can have little spurts of prominance here and there. I think Ciara and Ashanti could get a few little R&B based hits in the future with good material. Sadly, I think Mýa is done, and she has been for quite some time -_- I don't understand it because I like her music and her voice, but it is what it is.

LMFAO! @ Henry's commentary.

I think that Jennifer Lopez and Brandy could with the right material. Not as huge as they were at the turn of the century, but they can get back in the hunt. Nelly can have little spurts of prominance here and there. I think Ciara and Ashanti could get a few little R&B based hits in the future with good material. Sadly, I think Mýa is done, and she has been for quite some time -_- I don't understand it because I like her music and her voice, but it is what it is.

-_-

I think Brandy has to remember that her audience lives off the Never Say Never album and she has to do something close to that. She tried to do the grown up versions of it and look where it landed her. I still say she shouldn't have went back to that VH1 show :sigh: With Ashanti, I'm sure she'll have at least 1 R&B hit from an album, but no one would really support her.

Mya was never big

Ciara I have a soft spot in my heart for, so I think she can go gold again.

Ashanti can have a cute return on the R&B charts

Brandy is done with. She was a 90's artist only

Nelly possibly

Jennifer Lopez is on her way.

I agree with this for the most part.

I think Mya was big. She was selected as the R&B choice for the blockbuster "Lady Marmalade" collabo -- a song that people behind the scenes knew was going to be a huge hit. They wanted who they felt were THE best at the time for the collaboration. Mya was big in her heyday. Clive Davis even referred to her as his "little Diana Ross". She's sold a nice nice amount of records in the US, has a few Hot 100 number 1 singles, other R&B #1's and other Hot 100 & R&B top 10's under her belt. That's kind of bogus to say she was never big.

MyaWho? :yawn:

CiaraShe betta hit that pole in ATL she can be VERY successful as a scrippa

AshantiShe never was THAT big to begin with

BrandySadly her day has come and gone, and she has more talent than the above three combined

Nelly

Jennifer Lopez MAYBE

Even though Brandy hasn't released a bad album yet i'd say no to all of them.

Heniffer might get some type of successful singles here and there but not really a comeback. at least not outside the latin charts

I think Mya was big. She was selected as the R&B choice for the blockbuster "Lady Marmalade" collabo -- a song that people behind the scenes knew was going to be a huge hit. They wanted who they felt were THE best at the time for the collaboration. Mya was big in her heyday. Clive Davis even referred to her as his "little Diana Ross". She's sold a nice nice amount of records in the US, has a few Hot 100 number 1 singles, other R&B #1's and other Hot 100 & R&B top 10's under her belt. That's kind of bogus to say she was never big.

Which Mya are we talking about? The one I know was moderately successful and had a huge hit by collaborating with more known girls.

And outside of Lady Marmalade, I'm having a hard time recollecting her other number 1's on the Hot 100 :unsure:

I love Mya but lets not do like the Aaliyah stans and inflate and fabricate something that wasnt there. Outside of Lady Marmalade Mya wasnt that big.Her highest charting album landed a #3 and that ended up being her worst selling one & shes never had a #1 hit on the Hot 100 or R&B charts

Which Mya are we talking about? The one I know was moderately successful and had a huge hit by collaborating with more known girls.

And outside of Lady Marmalade, I'm having a hard time recollecting her other number 1's on the Hot 100 :unsure:

C'mon Ms. Angie: "Case Of The Ex" was one of the hottest songs released that particular year -_- but now that you mention it, I don't think it even hit #1 >_< maybe #2 or #3. Oops. Lol, either way, she had some pretty sizable hits. :lol:

Mya wasn't big, she was just... there. And she had to beg and plead for her spot on 'Lady Marmalade'. She said so herself in one of their acceptance speeches.

I love Mya but lets not do like the Aaliyah stans and inflate and fabricate something that wasnt there. Outside of Lady Marmalade Mya wasnt that big.Her highest charting album landed a #3 and that ended up being her worst selling one & shes never had a #1 hit on the Hot 100 or R&B charts

Lol, I'm not even really a Mýa fan. I like a lot of her songs, but I'm not too keen on her as a personality. I just checked her chart history and "Case Of The Ex" did indeed only chart at #2. I'm surprised, I really thought it hit #1 :asham: Other than that, I didn't really fabricate anything else, she does have other top 10 hits on both the R&B and Hot 100 charts. I still think she was bigger than some are giving her credit for. -_-

Archived