"Britney's Live Shows Slammed"

SonofBaldwin

hold the fuck up....are ya'll really in here trying to say that Janet's 1987 is her best performance??? ya'll done lost every bit of your natural mind...every fuckin bit of it...get all the way the fuck outta here with that shit.........

now back to Brit Brit....poor child...I love Britney, lawd knows I do, but honey, sista, gurl....she needs to finish her contract obligations (I think this is her last album on her contract) and go be at home with her babies...she doesn't have it nor does she want it anymore

I so damn agree cause it was definitely not :rolleyes:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading the threads, I definitely see the points you're making. If Janet built her career on choreography, that's what her show should be highlighting. We have to bear in mind that Janet has been doing tours since 1990. And in that time, she has performed close to 400 shows (if not more), which includes ~2 hours of dancing. All of that pop and locking Janet is doing is taking its toll. No matter how in shape she is, she can't move like she once did. It's almost like asking Aretha to sing like she did in the 60s. It's just not happening. All performers do it. Mariah's not hitting E7s in her shows anymore. Whitney can't entertain a dead rat. Madonna isn't as energetic as she once was. You can't compare Janet to other performers and say she's not energetic. You have to let Janet stand on her own merits. I saw the show, she was energetic and dull at some points.

Thank you Austin for understanding and being reasonable. :)

By the way, I didn't say Janet isn't as energetic as other performers.

It set the standard thats when I became a fan... even during all for you era I still thought that the VR era was better and Janet was still in her prime then my opinion never changed since then.

She doesn't have to do the same exact dance routine but she could switch it up and try new dance styles or new twists to old songs since this is for her die hard fans who have most likely seen all of her tours on dvd or actually went to them. Its nice to celebrate where you been but also good to expand on that and create something fresh if you can't do it the way you used to.

I agree! :)

that isn't an either or...she is out performing current artists...that does not mean that she hasn't lost a step or two

Yeah but u should stop and recognise that she's still better than the current ones and so just keep quiet. No point being negative it's only gonna make others think the current ones are better which is lies.

LMAO gerl after my own heart.

What was dull in the show, save for the ballad section?

Yeah the ballad section was a little underwhelming for me because the background music was drowning her out, at least from where I was sitting that's how it sounded. -_- I thought "If" was a bit underwhelming as well with the exception of the breakdown. Even though I applaud Janet for changing the choreography of the second verse, but that's my favorite part. :tear: Other than that, I thought the show was 90% energetic. Janet moved around, commanded the stage, and did pretty well.

Um no. Mariah has performed for 2hrs and so has Britney. Are their shows high energy? :mellow:

You obviously don't understand how draining touring can be for artists. Regardless of their limited talents. It still requires a lot of energy nonetheless.

She performed in one- or two-inch heels during the Control era, and the heels for "I Get Lonely" were extremely thick. She's wearing stilettos now, there's a massive difference. I guess you not knowing the difference says plenty about your profile as a woman. 71.gif

Tina Turner doesn't do a quarter of what Janet does now or has ever done. Save it.

Aww, good for you, I'm glad Janet personally tells you and only you all of her secrets. How ridiculous.

Ooo, they so sensitive

I understand the difference but thanks for trying.

Are you trying to say Janet didn't want wear those heels? :unsure:

It set the standard thats when I became a fan... even during all for you era I still thought that the VR era was better and Janet was still in her prime then my opinion never changed since then.

She doesn't have to do the same exact dance routine but she could switch it up and try new dance styles or new twists to old songs since this is for her die hard fans who have most likely seen all of her tours on dvd or actually went to them. Its nice to celebrate where you been but also good to expand on that and create something fresh if you can't do it the way you used to.

well on this tour Janet changed up Feedback, she has also changed up All for You (not a fan of Gils version), The Pleasure Principle (TVR tour....not a fan), Nasty (not a fan of this change either), and she semi changed how she does the If breakdown

but Janet said in an interview that some songs and choreography are just iconic and that she isn't gonna change them.....and i agree with her, and most fans would be upset if changed her iconic choreo

for example im only 19.....i would have been kinda disappointed if Janet changed her RN choreo, TTWLG, IGL, and other ones that i love just because she has done them on previous tours. Even though i saw her b4 for RWY, i just wanna see her live, and see her do the moves that she created, and those moves are special to me because i have grown up watching them on TV and on the internet.....and thats part of the magic when you go to see an artist like Janet live

Thank you Austin for understanding and being reasonable. :)

By the way, I didn't say Janet isn't as energetic as other performers.

Other than some hit and miss energetic moments, I thought she did well. I don't understand why she didn't take off them damn heels and dance to MYM. She know that's my song. :rolleyes: But at the end of the day, we can all agree that the show is different from previous tours. -_-

"Nothing" was the only dull part for me. I walked out & got beer then got life to "Come Back To Me" :lol:

I walked out during Nothing too...drank RCMH expensive ass drinks during that time...I hate everything about that song...I will not even speak on the video...I listened to the song twice...then I deleted it of my hard drive and scanned my shit cuz I didn't want it to leave any fail on my laptop...Janet doesn't even know that she almost got snatched for making that mess of a song

Yeah the ballad section was a little underwhelming for me because the background music was drowning her out, at least from where I was sitting that's how it sounded. -_- I thought "If" was a bit underwhelming as well with the exception of the breakdown. Even though I applaud Janet for changing the choreography of the second verse, but that's my favorite part. :tear: Other than that, I thought the show was 90% energetic. Janet moved around, commanded the stage, and did pretty well.

We were at the same show. Where were u sitting? I didn't get that.

I thought the show was energetic throughout.

I walked out during Nothing too...drank RCMH expensive ass drinks during that time...I hate everything about that song...I will not even speak on the video...I listened to the song twice...then I deleted it of my hard drive and scanned my shit cuz I didn't want it to leave any fail on my laptop...Janet doesn't even know that she almost got snatched for making that mess of a song

CH....

That video looks like it was made at Sears.

You obviously don't understand how draining touring can be for artists. Regardless of their limited talents. It still requires a lot of energy nonetheless.

ok well take that into consideration when you talk about Janet's dancing cause she dances way more and way harder than them other bitches who just swing bad extensions all over the stage. What other female has danced like Janet in their 40s *feedback voice* I don't see her I ain't hating on Tina but I will come for her wig and any other artist when comparing them to Janet. Nobody better bring up Mary J. Blige either cause i'm so ready :coffee:

"Nothing" was the only dull part for me. I walked out & got beer then got life to "Come Back To Me" :lol:

:lol:

"If" I can see, she tries to be a little too fluid in the verses. But "90%... pretty well?" You weren't saying that last week.

Ooo, they so sensitive

I understand the difference but thanks for trying.

Are you trying to say Janet didn't want wear those heels? :unsure:

Obviously you don't.

For those reasons? I highly doubt it. And to say so as if it were fact is just ignorant.

Archived