"Britney's Live Shows Slammed"

SonofBaldwin

In all seriousness, does Tina have any choreography that's as demanding at If? RN? AN (DS)? Even if you watch her performances of PM, the moves aren't as sharp as they were back during her hay-day. Plus, IGL can be done in heels. It doesn't require much footwork, and the moves are more legato a la COM. There's a reason why she's not dancing full out in 4 inch pumps. So, yes, heels is an excuse.

Tina Turner is 71 years old and she's able to put on a 2 hour show with high energy. I don't see any excuse for fans to bring up Janet's age as a factor to why her stamina is declining.

Right. IGL can be done and heels and nobody told Janet's ass to wear heels for the first half of the show. If the moves require intricate dancing then bitch strap on your combat boots and go at it. :lmao:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why do y'all bring up Janet's age as if she's walking around with a cane? :sigh:

Because at 45 years old ...Janet wears that fuckin stage out. When you turn 45, see if you can still do shit that u did at 20. :mellow:

No one expects Tina Turner to give Beyonce but ya'll expect Janet to give Ciara. :crazy:

chile bye...she dance in low ass heals when she was 20 fuckin years old....and please give me a fuckin Break...i've been to every single Tina Turner concerts from the beginning of the 90's to now....she has lost a MAJOR step...a MAJOR step...she's still a great performer cuz that's what she always was...just like Janet can still perform her ass off, cuz she a performer...Tina is NOT the Tina of old, not even close....her ass ain't rolling on the river no more honey, she's gliding on that damn river, but she does it well...age will always be a factor...to think it won't is stupid...you will not look the same at 45 as you did at 20...you will not look the same at 70 as you did a 45

*logs out for life*

Fail. :mellow:

Janet's selling point will always be her dancing and no one said she can't command a stage with doing little.

Actually her selling point to me is her dance music not dancing. The dancing is just expected with the music. Like with "Someone To Call My Lover" I was very disappointed with the video due to no dancing.

And why do y'all bring up Janet's age as if she's walking around with a cane? :sigh:

As janet fans we get upset when people bring up her age but then use it as an excuse... ?

I don't even need for her to do back flips I loved her performances during VR and I watch that dvd all the time.

This is just how I feel about it... I liked her performances during the VR era more than any other era I always compare it to that... it set the standard for me.

Tina Turner is 71 years old and she's able to put on a 2 hour show with high energy. I don't see any excuse for fans to bring up Janet's age as a factor to why her stamina is declining.

I can only speak on what i saw with my own eyes and Janet gave energy from beginning to end at the show i attended.

chile bye...she dance in low ass heals when she was 20 fuckin years old....and please give me a fuckin Break...i've been to every single Tina Turner concerts from the beginning of the 90's to now....she has lost a MAJOR step...a MAJOR step...she's still a great performer cuz that's what she always was...just like Janet can still perform her ass off, cuz she a performer...Tina is NOT the Tina of old, not even close....her ass ain't rolling on the river no more honey, she's gliding on that damn river, but she does it well...age will always be a factor...to think it won't is stupid...you will not look the same at 45 as you did at 20...you will not look the same at 70 as you did a 45

Calm your tits, gerl. I brought up the fact that Janet danced and moved well in heels before to the fans that are using her wearing heels on this tour as an excuse. And no one said Janet should the same as she once was at age 20 nor did I say Tina Turner is the same as she was in her hay day. Again, you lack reading comprehension.

Because at 45 years old ...Janet wears that fuckin stage out. When you turn 45, see if you can still do shit that u did at 20. :mellow:

No one expects Tina Turner to give Beyonce but ya'll expect Janet to give Ciara. :crazy:

:wacko:

Where in the mighty blue hell are you getting this shit? No where did I say that Janet should be turning it out like she's 20 years old nor did I ever say I expect her to move like Ciara. GTFOH!

Calm your tits, gerl. I brought up the fact that Janet danced and moved well in heels before to the fans that are using her wearing heels on this tour as an excuse. And no one said Janet should the same as she once was at age 20 nor did I say Tina Turner is the same as she was in her hay day. Again, you lack reading comprehension.

you are the one who brought up heals and age not being an excuse boo

ANd the thing is, nobody expects tina to be doing the same at 70 as she was at 30 so I have no idea why some fans think Janet should be doing the same now as she was 20 years ago. I don't think the general public expect it, infact reviewers seem to be impressed that Janet is performing as well as she is. meaning that she is exeeding peoples expectations.

No, chile you stop.

Janet danced in heels in most of her performances from the Control era and she performed IGL in heels too. So Janet wearing heels isn't an excuse. Also I wish some of you would stop bringing up Janet's age as an excuse when we have Tina Turner over 70 still slaying the stage.

And no one strapped those Louboutins on Janet. She intentionally wore them so she wouldn't have to dance as much.

She performed in one- or two-inch heels during the Control era, and the heels for "I Get Lonely" were extremely thick. She's wearing stilettos now, there's a massive difference. I guess you not knowing the difference says plenty about your profile as a woman. 71.gif

Tina Turner doesn't do a quarter of what Janet does now or has ever done. Save it.

Aww, good for you, I'm glad Janet personally tells you and only you all of her secrets. How ridiculous.

*Falls the fuck owte*

As janet fans we get upset when people bring up her age but then use it as an excuse... ?

I don't even need for her to do back flips I loved her performances during VR and I watch that dvd all the time.

This is just how I feel about it... I liked her performances during the VR era more than any other era I always compare it to that... it set the standard for me.

OKAY! :lmao:

They want to say "Janet can outperform all the gerls half her age and she's 45 years old!" but under the same breath say "Janet isn't moving as well as she used to because she's 45 years old". Make up your mind :lmao:

I agree that TVR era had some of her best performances.

Right. IGL can be done and heels and nobody told Janet's ass to wear heels for the first half of the show. If the moves require intricate dancing then bitch strap on your combat boots and go at it. :lmao:

Um no. Tina's show may have supposedly high energy but her ass doesn't. Just cause she may do a few and I mean a few songs with dance moves with flashing lights don't mean it's high energy :mellow:

did u go to the tour???? Janet's dancing got better as the show went on, after she changed her shoes.....not that it's much of an excuse, because she was doing Alright in heels......but clearly she is more comfortable dancing in sneakers b/c ones she changed she didn't stop dancing

They want to say "Janet can outperform all the gerls half her age and she's 45 years old!" but under the same breath say "Janet isn't moving as well as she used to because she's 45 years old". Make up your mind :lmao:

It set the standard thats when I became a fan... even during all for you era I still thought that the VR era was better and Janet was still in her prime then my opinion never changed since then.

She doesn't have to do the same exact dance routine but she could switch it up and try new dance styles or new twists to old songs since this is for her die hard fans who have most likely seen all of her tours on dvd or actually went to them. Its nice to celebrate where you been but also good to expand on that and create something fresh if you can't do it the way you used to.

If Janet looks like she is slowing down, part of the issue is Gils choreography..........look at the TVR tour at the beginning of the pleasure principle during the control medley......No dancing janet is doing there is as hard as she is dancing now, but because of the staging, the way the dancers move behind her, and the fact that the moves are actually good, it looks more impressive.

On the TVR tour I really dont think that Janet danced any more than she is dancing now. Its just the staging and choreography thats different. The stiff snatchy movements gil has her and the dancers doing can't be jumped into and out of as easily as tinas choreography.

After reading the threads, I definitely see the points you're making. If Janet built her career on choreography, that's what her show should be highlighting. We have to bear in mind that Janet has been doing tours since 1990. And in that time, she has performed close to 400 shows (if not more), which includes ~2 hours of dancing. All of that pop and locking Janet is doing is taking its toll. No matter how in shape she is, she can't move like she once did. It's almost like asking Aretha to sing like she did in the 60s. It's just not happening. All performers do it. Mariah's not hitting E7s in her shows anymore. Whitney can't entertain a dead rat. Madonna isn't as energetic as she once was. You can't compare Janet to other performers and say she's not energetic. You have to let Janet stand on her own merits. I saw the show, she was energetic and dull at some points.

that isn't an either or...she is out performing current artists...that does not mean that she hasn't lost a step or two

Um no. Tina's show may have supposedly high energy but her ass doesn't. Just cause she may do a few and I mean a few songs with dance moves with flashing lights don't mean it's high energy :mellow:

Doing a 2 hour show requires high energy, Joe Joe. Bless your soul.

did u go to the tour???? Janet's dancing got better as the show went on, after she changed her shoes.....not that it's much of an excuse, because she was doing Alright in heels......but clearly she is more comfortable dancing in sneakers b/c ones she changed she didn't stop dancing

I know.

She performed in one- or two-inch heels during the Control era, and the heels for "I Get Lonely" were extremely thick. She's wearing stilettos now, there's a massive difference. I guess you not knowing the difference says plenty about your profile as a woman. 71.gif

Tina Turner doesn't do a quarter of what Janet does now or has ever done. Save it.

Aww, good for you, I'm glad Janet personally tells you and only you all of her secrets. How ridiculous.

*Falls the fuck owte*

OOP :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

i (personally) get upset when they say that she needs to sit down cuz she's too old.....her age isnt an excuse, its a fact......she isn't gonna move like she used to (period), but Janet is creative enuff to make her performances just as interesting.... ie. her vocals on this tour are better than TVR tour

Archived