Britney - Till The World Ends - Official Video

Elixabef

Yup, and simple pop songs are what cemented Janet as a global star

You can't honestly put fun classics like 'Escapade' up with a song called 'Oops I did it again' and 'baby, one more time'

LOL.

The difference is, Janet's fun songs were family friendly, ie adults would not feel too old listening to them.

But put 'Ooops' on and its like a day at the nursery.

That's not classic.

Together Again is classic pop.

In regards to 20 Y.O, even that slip is better then any album Britney's released.

Nobody is gonna remember 'Blackout' or Rihannas 'Loud' in 10 years time, the way we still hear 'Together again' on the radio today, or 'Thats the way love goes' or 'When I think of you'.

These are all timeless classics.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, after you've dominated the Hot 100 for years, just aiming for the r&b charts (or any of the other genre-specific charts) would be a big step down.

It was ONE song that was aiming for the r&b charts not the whole album..

Yeah, after you've dominated the Hot 100 for years, just aiming for the r&b charts (or any of the other genre-specific charts) would be a big step down.

Thats what I'm tryna explain to Blatin :lol: It is more of a step down...but it is better than it completely flopping..I will say that but still..

I'm not tryna deny her r&b at all but she's MUCH MUCH bigger than that. By you leaning so much on this r&b stuff you make Janet sound like some average platinum selling r&b chick.. :umm:

:mellow: :mellow: Because I refuse to deny her r&b side??

Most of her pop hits have a r&b feel to them... All For You is the perfect example..

Ijanet I said the same damn thing.. :filenails:

Call On ME was to get her back on r&b first and from there they were aiming for pop radio with So Excited..

The song period should have never been made..is my point..it was WEAK but kudos her it being #1 on r&b but her return should have been alot stronger still.

'Call on me' WAS a Hot100 hit. It peaked higher than Britney's Slave for you, Overprotected, Me against the music, and many other britney so called classics aren't far off.

No, it wasn't a no.1, but it was a popular single that had enough behind it to push for more singles and promotion. There was no reason why Janet couldn't have continued with more singles and full promotion after that. But she had the whole SB issues.

:mellow: :mellow: Because I refuse to deny her r&b side??

Most of her pop hits have a r&b feel to them... All For You is the perfect example..

No you seem to be acting like r&b charts are MAJOR when they are NOT honestly. To a Keyshia Cole,yes...but to a Janet NO because she more than just an r&b act. We ALL know Janet fuses the two worlds of r&b and pop..I'm not denying that at all but lets not be overly excited over r&b charts..

'Call on me' WAS a Hot100 hit. It peaked higher than Britney's Slave for you, Overprotected, Me against the music, and many other britney so called classics aren't far off.

No, it wasn't a no.1, but it was a popular single that had enough behind it to push for more singles and promotion. There was no reason why Janet couldn't have continued with more singles and full promotion after that. But she had the whole SB issues.

The superbowl was 2 years ago from 2006 sis. :umm:

No you seem to be acting like r&b charts are MAJOR when they are NOT honestly. To a Keyshia Cole,yes...but to a Janet NO because she more than just an r&b act. We ALL know Janet fuses the two worlds of r&b and pop..I'm not denying that at all but lets not be overly excited over r&b charts..

This is why they have those charts because it would be impossible for most R&B,Jazz or Rock artist to get a number one on the main charts..

You can't down play their number one because it's not on the main charts..

It peaked at #25 ..usually a song isn't exactly considered a hit unless its at least in the TOP 20. Why even bring up the fact that it charted higher than some of Brits singles? Brit has never been that strong on HOT100 in the first place...why do you think she only has a few #1s in a 12 year career?

This is why they have those charts because it would be impossible for most R&B,Jazz or Rock artist to get a number one on the main charts..

You can't down play their number one because it's not on the main charts..

Im not down playing anything but EVERY artist will much rather be #1 on POP than #1 on R&B...even you would if you were an artist :lol:

It peaked at #25 ..usually a song isn't exactly considered a hit unless its at least in the TOP 20. Why even bring up the fact that it charted higher than some of Brits singles? Brit has never been that strong on HOT100 in the first place...why do you think she only has a few #1s in a 12 year career?

So why is it okay for her songs (most of which have haven't chart higher (only 6 top 5s)) to be called hits and for her to have lots of singles from one album with continued promotion, but as soon as Janet doesn't score a no.1 its a flop???

Hmmm

Well she was blacklisted which made her have to rebuild her career..so it still had its effects on 20yo era,certainly..without a doubt..but Janets single choices didn't help

I thought 'Call on me' was a good lead song.

You could say the same about 'Got til its gone', but that didn't stop the VR from selling 10 mill,having tonnes of singles and a massive tour. I don't know why she cancelled the tour with 20Y.O.

Well she was blacklisted which made her have to rebuild her career..so it still had its effects on 20yo era,certainly..without a doubt..but Janets single choices didn't help

Exactly. I'm not denying that Janet wasnt blacklisted or anything, but at the same time the single choices were horrible & the music itself wasnt stong itself. Discipline had a better chance of going platinum before 20 YO just imo. Also.. someone brought up the point of her not focusing on her WW audience during that time which also seemed like a big mistake imo, because to the best of my knowledge she was only blacklisted in America.

Im not down playing anything but EVERY artist will much rather be #1 on POP than #1 on R&B...even you would if you were an artist :lol:

Of course they would but they know damn well they wont. Especially now that it's all run by teens/tweens.

So why is it okay for her songs (most of which have haven't chart higher (only 6 top 5s)) to be called hits and for her to have lots of singles from one album with continued promotion, but as soon as Janet doesn't score a no.1 its a flop???

Hmmm

who and what are you talking about? Because if you're talking about Britney..I'm not here to defend her...take that up with the Brits stans in here.. :lmao:

I thought 'Call on me' was a good lead song.

You could say the same about 'Got til its gone', but that didn't stop the VR from selling 10 mill,having tonnes of singles and a massive tour. I don't know why she cancelled the tour with 20Y.O.

Because LA Reid wanted her to go back in the studio and record Discipline.

Exactly. I'm not denying that Janet wasnt blacklisted or anything, but at the same time the single choices were horrible & the music itself wasnt stong itself. Discipline had a better chance of going platinum before 20 YO just imo. Also.. someone brought up the point of her not focusing on her WW audience during that time which also seemed like a big mistake imo, because to the best of my knowledge she was only blacklisted in America.

Feedback was the perfect example of her still having trouble on the pop charts.. There was no reason way that song couldn't reach the top 5..

I certainly dont agree with that :umm::lol:

Lets be real..Janet started making bad single choices starting with Damita Jo..it didn't just start at 20yo. I really think 20 YO had a chance to do better than DJ and Disc :umm:

Archived