Britney - Till The World Ends - Official Video

Elixabef

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But she did "Hung up" solo, and it did well as well. And the bitch was damn near 50. :whistle:

I don't recall that getting much airplay, though. At least not where I live (I don't remember ever hearing it on the radio, actually). I was surprised when I was looking at her chart positions a year or so ago and saw that that had gone so high.

Yeah, they played it soooooo, yet it barely made it to #21 on billboard, even though, it was selling very well on itunes? PLEASE!

I was one of the fans that was calling in requesting ANDS, and being told they were not going to play it. And even when they finally did start playing COM, it never got full/heavy rotation. FB sold well on itunes and had fans requesting it. Radio stations never gave it full exposure. The only stations that showed Janet any real love were the all dance stations and the adult R&B stations. And most of those stations are privately owned and create their own playlist outside of pop music.

If it was all about her age and being an older artist, then Madonna would have fallen off at the start of the last decade. Mariah too.

Gerl, bye! COM became Janet's 16th R&B #1 and was very successful on Urban formats. So stop with the petty excuses!

The song premiered on New York City's Z100 on June 17, 2006. In the United States, the song was played one hundred and eighty-four times two days prior to its official release, on four different formats of radio, generating an audience impression of 4.358 million. By its official radio release date, it had achieved 8.679 million audience impressions.

Overall, "Call on Me" proved to be a success in the United States. It finished as the eighth best-selling single of the year, and second in the urban format. It was the twenty-seventh most played song at urban radio and finished overall at number twenty-two on Billboard's 2006 Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs year-end chart.

Like I said, I'm aware that there are many Clear Channel stations that completely ignored Janet because I was one of the fans that kept requesting "Feedback" only to be told it would be played and it never did! It's because they don't have Janet songs on their playlists.

Madonna's last #1 hit and single with a large amount of airplay was "Music" back in 2000. Her main support is her large fan base and international base. For example, "Hung Up" reached #7 on the Hot 100 because of the wide spread success around the world, not airplay. The song only reached #38 on Pop airplay. Again, Mariah Carey will always have radio support because she's one of those artists that continues to appeal to a young audience with her songs. R. Kelly is the same way. Those two will always have Clear Channel support regardless of age.

4 minutes got massive airplay and made it all the way to #4 on billboard. Her age did not stop her from doing well on the charts, however JT did help.

Justin Timberlake + a Timbaland produced song. You do the math.

I don't recall that getting much airplay, though. At least not where I live (I don't remember ever hearing it on the radio, actually). I was surprised when I was looking at her chart positions a year or so ago and saw that that had gone so high.

It didn't. :asham:

People were still stuck on Flusher and Mariah Carey's singles. Personally, I've never heard "Hung Up" on radio but I did hear "Sorry" once on a Rock station.

Like I said, I'm aware that there are many Clear Channel stations that completely ignored Janet because I was one of the fans that kept requesting "Feedback" only to be told it would be played and it never did! It's because they don't have Janet songs on their playlists.

It wasn't on their playlist because she was blacklisted. When people are calling and requesting a song, then clearly your audience wants to hear it. The fact that they never played the song, even though it sold well on itunes, and millions of folks were listening to it on the internet when it premiered tells you that they don't give a damn about their audience when they create their playlist. Clearly their audience wanted to hear the song.

You know I think ur cool and stuff......but.....do you ever wonder why you are always on a different page to everyone else......I mean, we are all completely different people with different likes and dislikes, and as varied as opinions are; you always dance to the beat of your own little drum :)

I'm not on a different page to everyone else. Blatin supports me, and I'm sure there are folk that haven't commented that support my thoughts about 20 Y.O.

It wasn't on their playlist because she was blacklisted. When people are calling and requesting a song, then clearly your audience wants to hear it. The fact that they never played the song, even though it sold well on itunes, and millions of folks were listening to it on the internet when it premiered tells you that they don't give a damn about their audience when they create their playlist. Clearly their audience wanted to hear the song.

She wasn't blacklisted hence how "Call on Me" was such a big hit on Urban radio. Just because they didn't take people's request doesn't mean she was blacklisted! You're not understanding that these radio stations go by a playlist. I can call in and request "Feedback" right now and they will completely ignore my call but they will air the bitch who calls in and requests "Hold it Against Me" by Britney Spears.

"Feedback" was mishandled from the get-go. It had a lot of potential to reach the top 10 if it was handled properly but Janet and her label took action too late. BTW, "Feedback" managed to reach #30 on the Pop songs chart (The chart is ranked by the top 40 airplay detection) so much for being blacklisted, eh? If Janet was blacklisted she wouldn't have even charted on the Pop songs chart.

She wasn't blacklisted hence how "Call on Me" was such a big hit on Urban radio. Just because they didn't take people's request doesn't mean she was blacklisted! You're not understanding that these radio stations go by a playlist. I can call in and request "Feedback" right now and they will completely ignore my call but they will air the bitch who calls in and requests "Hold it Against Me" by Britney Spears.

"Feedback" was mishandled from the get-go. It had a lot of potential to reach the top 10 if it was handled properly but Janet and her label took action too late. BTW, "Feedback" managed to reach #30 on the Pop songs chart (The chart is ranked by the top 40 airplay detection) so much for being blacklisted, eh? If Janet was blacklisted she wouldn't have even charted on the Pop songs chart.

I thought it got to number 19 :unsure:

This thread has renewed my love for 20 Y.O.

I'm not gonna lie, imo its Janet's worst album. BUT, it still beats Britneys albums.

I listened to Blackout again tonight, only to find i couldn't get through a song in full, and found it boring and annoying.

Also, Piece of Me is not as good as I once thought it was, the lyrics are so stupid and don't even fit the songs music.

20 Y.O is pretty strong start to finish, great melodies, catchy, variety of sounds. I'm now on 'Take care', which is so sensual. Love it. Fans views of this album are warped cause the era wasn't smooth.

And let us not forget ROLL WITCHU and DAYS GO BY!!

Ugh!

Imagine how high it would have went if stations actually played it when it was requested. If they actually had let it build an audience and click with the public. But they couldn't do that........because she was BLACKLISTED. :wave:

This thread has renewed my love for 20 Y.O.

I'm not gonna lie, imo its Janet's worst album. BUT, it still beats Britneys albums.

I listened to Blackout again tonight, only to find i couldn't get through a song in full, and found it boring and annoying.

Also, Piece of Me is not as good as I once thought it was, the lyrics are so stupid and don't even fit the songs music.

20 Y.O is pretty strong start to finish, great melodies, catchy, variety of sounds. I'm now on 'Take care', which is so sensual. Love it. Fans views of this album are warped cause the era wasn't smooth.

And let us not forget ROLL WITCHU and DAYS GO BY!!

Ugh!

The fact that those songs were ignored in favor of SEX and COM tells you just how bad that album was. :filenails:

Imagine how high it would have went if stations actually played it when it was requested. If they actually had let it build an audience and click with the public. But they couldn't do that........because she was BLACKLISTED. :wave:

Epic fail! :lmao:

You're completely ignoring the fact that Janet managed to chart on a Pop songs chart, A chart detected by top 40 stations airplay. BTW, this isn't hard to comprehend - I've already stated that there are Clear Channel stations that don't have Janet songs on their playlist. They don't just add songs to "let them build an audience". They add songs they know already have an audience and hype from the public.

FYI, To be blacklisted means to lose a certain privilege. Janet obviously wasn't blacklisted by Clear Channel since she was getting airplay from Top 40 stations for "Feedback".

But thanks for trying, though. :wave:

Epic fail! :lmao:

You're completely ignoring the fact that Janet managed to chart on a Pop songs chart, A chart detected by top 40 stations airplay. BTW, this isn't hard to comprehend - I've already stated that there are Clear Channel stations that don't have Janet songs on their playlist. They don't just add songs to "let them build an audience". They add songs they know already have an audience and hype from the public.

FYI, To be blacklisted means to lose a certain privilege. Janet obviously wasn't blacklisted by Clear Channel since she was getting airplay from Top 40 stations for "Feedback".

But thanks for trying, though. :wave:

You don't know the definition of an epic fail. You said yourself that you requested FB and it was never played. then you argued that the song charted on the pop songs chart at #30. yet it never went higher because it wasn't on their "Playlist". The fact that it managed to get to top 30 on the pop airplay chart means those stations knew about the song and played it on occasion. But why didn't they give the song their full support?

Because she was blacklisted. Plus many of us requested FB on radio station websites which means the song had to have been on their playlist. They just weren't playing it. Whether it was due to the SB or her age( :rolleyes: ) at the end of the day, she was blacklisted.

You don't know the definition of an epic fail. You said yourself that you requested FB and it was never played. then you argued that the song charted on the pop songs chart at #30. yet it never went higher because it wasn't on their "Playlist". The fact that it managed to get to top 30 on the pop airplay chart means those stations knew about the song and played it on occasion. But why didn't they give the song their full support?

Because she was blacklisted. Plus many of us requested FB on radio station websites which means the song had to have been on their playlist. They just weren't playing it. Whether it was due to the SB or her age( :rolleyes: ) at the end of the day, she was blacklisted.

I do and it's your posts. :w00t:

Yes, I did request "Feedback" and they never played it but that doesn't mean they blacklisted her songs. There are other fans that have requested "Feedback" and the stations played it. So I guess it varies with each city. The city I live in they rarely play Janet songs to begin with. I only brought up the fact that Janet's "Feedback" charted at #30 because you kept insisting that she was blacklisted even though she charted on a chart that detects Top 40 airplay. :wacko: The fact that it even charted on that chart shuts down your little claim. They didn't give the song full support because the momentum of the single (like the era) died quickly. Like I said, radio stations don't play songs just to play them. They play the ones that the are fully confident will earn them money.

I suggest you go look up the definition of "blacklisted". You basically agreed with me when you said that radio stations websites had "Feedback" listed. :lmao: So If Janet were blacklisted they wouldn't have even listed the song or even play it enough to chart on the Pop songs chart. BTW, "Feedback" managed to get more airplay than Madonna's "Hung Up". You know the same gal you brought up to claim that age doesn't play a factor. :w00t:

Feedback is the most successful internet 'leak' in history. No song since has had more internet interest.

Exactly!!!

if that didn't speak to public interest and warrant massive airplay I don't know what will. At the end of the day, Clear Channel wouldn't play it because CBS is still bitter about the SB drama, and Janet not apologizing at the Grammy's. She was blacklisted. :filenails:

Exactly!!!

if that didn't speak to public interest and warrant massive airplay I don't know what will. At the end of the day, Clear Channel wouldn't play it because CBS is still bitter about the SB drama, and Janet not apologizing at the Grammy's. She was blacklisted. :filenails:

Can you explain how the single managed to get airplay on Clear Channel owned stations to begin with then? :unsure:

You keep insisting she was blacklisted by Clear Channel even though I informed you that she has had airplay on stations owned by them.

I suggest you go look up the definition of "blacklisted". You basically agreed with me when you said that radio stations websites had "Feedback" listed. :lmao:So If Janet were blacklisted they wouldn't have even listed the song or even play it enough to chart on the Pop songs chart. BTW, "Feedback" managed to get more airplay than Madonna's "Hung Up". You know the same gal you brought up to claim that age doesn't play a factor. :w00t:

Let you tell it Janet was never on their playlist which is why they didn't play her songs. But clearly she was on their playlist and their radar, so why didn't they play her?

And yes she made it to #30 on pop airplay, but who's to say those were clear channel stations? Not every urban, dance and pop radio stations are owned by clear channel. A point I made earlier. Janet did well at those stations even with COM. So chances are they are the reason the song did half as well as it did. Clear Channel never got behind the song. They played it a little bit, and then pulled it. z100 in NY and kissfm in LA are both clear channel stations, and they both premiered the song, and got positive responses for it. Yet they never put the song into heavy rotation like they do with most pop acts on Janet's level.

Feedback is the most successful internet 'leak' in history. No song since has had more internet interest.

you do realize that that "fact" was created by a fan right? no i guess you don't :lmao:

People were saying that it was shown on CNN yet nobody was able to provide a link TILL THIS DAY but trust you Janazis to believe everything you hear.

Archived