Britney - Till The World Ends - Official Video

Elixabef

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why is it okay for her songs (most of which have haven't chart higher (only 6 top 5s)) to be called hits and for her to have lots of singles from one album with continued promotion, but as soon as Janet doesn't score a no.1 its a flop???

Hmmm

Britney singles charted so poorly b/c her company never released them as physical singles-Jive did that so her albums could sell more.

But that wasnt because of the superbowl, thats because it was handled horribly.

I notice alot of you all say this but how should it had been handled? It seems to me no matter HOW she handled it the damage was done...that monster was much more bigger than her,her team,and damage control. There's not really much you can do when a tornado hits but take cover and hope for the best.

Britney singles charted so poorly b/c her company never released them as physical singles-Jive did that so her albums could sell more.

Really? At the time, I always wondered why this "Princess of Pop" wasn't tearing up the singles charts yet was so huge..That explains it.

Really? At the time, I always wondered why this "Princess of Pop" wasn't tearing up the singles charts yet was so huge..That explains it.

Yeah...b/c of that she had to rely on radio airplay only. Thats why she sold buckloads of albums....people HAD to buy them if they wanted to hear they fav song :lol:

WRONG>.

This song is a classic and when people hear Call On Me they will hear this song too.. Now if there wasn't a sample it might be forgettable. <_<

'Tell Me If You Still Care' is definitely a classic, but it wasn't used to great effect on 'Call On Me'. The song is forgettable, hence why nobody but her fans remember it.

Call on me did what it was suppose to do which gave her another r&b number one..

That is so obviously NOT what it was supposed to do. :rolleyes:

20 Y.O, even that slip is better then any album Britney's released.

Bullshit.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

How many Britney albums have you listened to?

I thought 'Call on me' was a good lead song.

You could say the same about 'Got til its gone', but that didn't stop the VR from selling 10 mill,having tonnes of singles and a massive tour. I don't know why she cancelled the tour with 20Y.O.

Because Janet had nothing but A-list singles from that album. 20 Y.O. cannot be compared.

'Tell Me If You Still Care' is definitely a classic, but it wasn't used to great effect on 'Call On Me'. The song is forgettable, hence why nobody but her fans remember it.

That is so obviously NOT what it was supposed to do. :rolleyes:

Bullshit.

How many Britney albums have you listened to?

Because Janet had nothing but A-list singles from that album. 20 Y.O. cannot be compared.

It's not bullshit. The melody in 'Call on me' is timeless. Go listen to it again carefully. Think about what the word means...time-less. It's not boring, what's boring is britney doing autotune over 'current' beats.

Britneys albums are not better than even 20 Y.O.

It's not bullshit. The melody in 'Call on me' is timeless. Go listen to it again carefully. Think about what the word means...time-less. It's not boring, what's boring is britney doing autotune over 'current' beats.

Britneys albums are not better than even 20 Y.O.

Yeah, it is bullshit. In The Zone and Blackout are superior to 20 Y.O. both critically and commercially whether you acknowledge it or not. The melody in 'Call On Me' is nice, but I wouldn't call it timeless - ever. And if Britney's autotune is boring, why is it charting?

But that wasnt because of the superbowl, thats because it was handled horribly.

The effects of the Superbowl were still lingering. I remember it was when Feedback was slipping due to lack of AirPlay that the petitions against the radio finally started by fans to have the blacklist lifted.

Am I dreaming or did Feedback have a massive jump one week on the hot 100?

PS 20 YO is not that great but Discipline wasn't either. They're both similar in the fact that a lot of the album was just filler.

I also think it's silly for Janet to have been brought up in here. At the end of the day Janet has never been a manufactured product like Britney. She's an artist whereas Britney is straight out of the factory much like a lot of today's artists...Riri, Kesha etc. She has her decisions made for her whereas Janet is much more in control.

Yeah, it is bullshit. In The Zone and Blackout are superior to 20 Y.O. both critically and commercially whether you acknowledge it or not. The melody in 'Call On Me' is nice, but I wouldn't call it timeless - ever. And if Britney's autotune is boring, why is it charting?

It's not bull. Only truth it's not good for Janet standards but if it were any of the current ones it would have been a smash. 20 YO is better than any of britneys albums. Plain as day.

It's not bull. Only truth it's not good for Janet standards but if it were any of the current ones it would have been a smash. 20 YO is better than any of britneys albums. Plain as day.

Ew what are you saying... Touch of My Hand & Breathe on Me >>>>>>>>>> 20 Y.O.

but anyway I LOVE CALL ON ME. should have been at least top 10 on pop radio. it's so breeze and ugh just love <333

That's a lie, and I say this as one of the biggest Janet stans in the world.

Other than "Enjoy", 20 yo was an embarrassment on every conceivable level, and was the crowning example of why Janet and JD should not only never work together, but really, never be in the same studio together again. He redeemed himself with RWU, but after 20 yo, there was no place to go but up. Between "In the zone" and her current album, Britney hasn't had a bad album. Her last four albums have been on point, and "Blackout" is a pop classic.

Feedback was the perfect example of her still having trouble on the pop charts.. There was no reason way that song couldn't reach the top 5..

It was released too soon and they only started to promoted the week before the album was released . The video didn't help either

Plenty of people have top 10's with little to no promotion...

Fans that called in to request the song were told it wasn't going to be played..

BINGO!!!!

That started with "ANDS" and has been the case every since. "Feedback" should have been massive. Out of all the auto-tune songs to come out during the 2000s, "Feedback" ranks as one of the best tracks to use that technique. It should have charted way higher.

That's a lie, and I say this as one of the biggest Janet stans in the world.

Other than "Enjoy", 20 yo was an embarrassment on every conceivable level, and was the crowning example of why Janet and JD should not only never work together, but really, never be in the same studio together again. He redeemed himself with RWU, but after 20 yo, there was no place to go but up. Between "In the zone" and her current album, Britney hasn't had a bad album. Her last four albums have been on point, and "Blackout" is a pop classic.

You are silly sorry.

EVERY song on 20 YO was single worthy. Had there been singles with visionary put to them I'm positive u would have thought a lot of 20 YO.

Infact I seem to remember everyone loving it until it debuted at the disappointing no.2.

I will give you 'gimmie more' and 'break the ice' but aside from that Blackout is filler album crap. Same goes for all of britneys albums.

You are silly sorry.

EVERY song on 20 YO was single worthy. Had there been singles with visionary put to them I'm positive u would have thought a lot of 20 YO.

Infact I seem to remember everyone loving it until it debuted at the disappointing no.2.

I will give you 'gimmie more' and 'break the ice' but aside from that Blackout is filler album crap. Same goes for all of britneys albums.

i loled

Fans were told it wasn't going to play because Janet songs aren't on their radio playlists. That's the only logical reason I can think of as to why they didn't play the song. Clear Channel owned stations operate with playlists.

Also I don't believe in the whole "Janet was blacklisted" hoopla. Clear Channel already announced that there's no such thing as a "banned songs" list. They specifically choose songs that are popular and that may interest new consumers to purchase the songs. That's why you hear Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Rihanna every 5 minutes on Pop radio.

You are silly sorry.

bhzxvn.jpg

Archived