Britney - Till The World Ends - Official Video

Elixabef

This isn't about AN, She suffered a lot LESS wrath during Feedback.

The decision to leak the track in December and only promote it a few weeks before the album release KILLED IT . She got spins during a time where the song wasn't even for sale and by the time the song went for sale it was done. Discipline was a huge marketing failure . LA did not know how to promote Janet + Mariah + Rihanna

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease the leak did nothing but HELP not kill it! :mellow: Radio killed it before it could properly lift off. Radio moved on..NOT the public. Lets be clear.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, we don't have the song on our playlist so we're not playing it.

Again, If Janet were blacklisted Clear Channel would yank her from all of their stations. They would basically sabotage any of her attempts to regain momentum on radio. You'd be surprised by how much Clear Channel owns radio and even tours!

Hell, they made Howard Stern drop his show.

I already said over and over that she wasn't completely blacklisted but they can do enuff so that your song doesn't chart....

I'm just shocked more people haven't come out about them.. They went from request to payola to a made up playlist... That top 10 is reserved for certain singers..

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease the leak did nothing but HELP not kill it! :mellow: Radio killed it before it could properly lift off. Radio moved on..NOT the public. Lets be clear.

Plus everyone promotes the same way.. They wait a week or two before their album is release to perform the songs..

This isn't about AN, She suffered a lot LESS wrath during Feedback.

The decision to leak the track in December and only promote it a few weeks before the album release KILLED IT . She got spins during a time where the song wasn't even for sale and by the time the song went for sale it was done. Discipline was a huge marketing failure . LA did not know how to promote Janet + Mariah + Rihanna.

Radio should have never been a problem for her cuz that's something LA knows how to get rid off. Payola

how can a leak in December help a song that is only going to be promoted/for sale in late january / February :unsure:

Again ... Worked for MTV and that was a bigger problem

how can a leak in December help a song that is only going to be promoted/for sale in late january / February :unsure:

Again ...

You act like its 6 months later :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: Thats NOT unusual at all.

I will say they should have started selling it quicker than whta they did but I think they didn't exxpect radio to bail soooo soon.It caught the label OFF GUARD...so the only they could save face to some degree was to release irt for sell so it could at least chart decently.

I will say they should have started selling it quicker than what they did but I think they didn't expect radio to bail soooo soon.It caught the label OFF GUARD...so the only way they could save face to some degree was to release it for sale so it could at least chart decently.

You act like its 6 months later :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: Thats NOT unusual at all.

I will say they should have started selling it quicker than whta they did but I think they didn't exxpect radio to bail soooo soon.It caught the label OFF GUARD...so the only they could save face to some degree was to release irt for sell so it could at least chart decently.

It was a bad time with the christmas holidays. By the time you get to January, it does feel like 6 months.

There was a whole weird thing going on in that period, and the story was that Janet had bronchitis in Jan, and only got better a week before the album release. But we will never know the truth, unless Janet tells us. But LA Reid did nothing for her in that month, it was just silence. I remember it, we were all panicking cause nobody would tell us anything and we were wondering why there was no promo in a vital time.

I will say they should have started selling it quicker than what they did but I think they didn't expect radio to bail soooo soon.It caught the label OFF GUARD...so the only way they could save face to some degree was to release it for sale so it could at least chart decently.

I think Tyra's ANTM helped too.. I remember seeing a spike in sales after she used it as the opening of the show..

Of course NOW that you have twitter/facebook

Yeah because prior to that you could never give interviews to radio , Television , spread outdoors all over the place so that people could take notice , show your mug all over the media etc :unsure:

It was a bad time with the christmas holidays. By the time you get to January, it does feel like 6 months.

There was a whole weird thing going on in that period, and the story was that Janet had bronchitis in Jan, and only got better a week before the album release. But we will never know the truth, unless Janet tells us. But LA Reid did nothing for her in that month, it was just silence. I remember it, we were all panicking cause nobody would tell us anything and we were wondering why there was no promo in a vital time.

OMG could it be? :o we actually agree on something :mellow: we are BFFs for life now ^_^

Yeah because prior to that you could never give interviews to radio , Television , spread outdoors all over the place so that people could take notice , show your mug all over the media etc :unsure:

They do all of that around the time the album is released.. Why waste that on one single when you have a whole album to promote..

They do all of that around the time the album is released.. Why waste that on one single when you have a whole album to promote..

why waste it all on the LEAD single that CAN make your album sell and GRAB people's attention to it? i agree makes total sense .

Artists should ditch singles from now on and just release albums straight away

*listens to Discipline whilst remembering the shit Discipline promotion and wondering why Jangova ever had that poodle hair*

LA actually did everything he could. Hell he even threatened to fire Mariah and Baby Anci (Rihanna for the simple minded ones) so that he could promote the hell out of her album :o But radio was not having it -_- He was throwing them millions and all but radio was like "take it else where , we ain't gonna play no Janice :umm: "

True story -_-

why waste it all on the LEAD single that CAN make your album sell and GRAB people's attention to it? i agree makes total sense .

Artists should ditch singles from now on and just release albums straight away

What are you going to do when the album is released?

LA actually did everything he could. Hell he even threatened to fire Mariah and Baby Anci (Rihanna for the simple minded ones) so that he could promote the hell out of her album :o But radio was not having it -_- He was throwing them millions and all but radio was like "take it else where , we ain't gonna play no Janice :umm: "

True story -_-

He should have brought her overseas if the US wasn't having it. We were completely ignored...again. If she was blacklisted it was only in the states.

And nothing will excuse the poodle hair. I'm sorry but that was just a big no from me :lol:

He should have brought her overseas if the US wasn't having it. We were completely ignored...again. If she was blacklisted it was only in the states.

but he did try it :o They just banned her from entering the EU soil -_- They were like nope , we don want no Janice" so they had to go home. Once they got back GMA gave them a call and that was the only week they were allowed to perform the song. Janet was soo moved that she didn't even notice the state of her wig on that show -_-

You think you know but you have no idea...This is the true story of the Feedback floppery -_-

Archived