Britney - Till The World Ends - Official Video

Elixabef

:lol: Me too. In the actual, literal way. Laughter could be heard emanating from me. Sometimes there are just no words . . .

I KNOW right?! i mean , you know it's coming but he always manages to take it to a whole new lvl 2q9f13q.gif

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans were told it wasn't going to play because Janet songs aren't on their radio playlists. That's the only logical reason I can think of as to why they didn't play the song. Clear Channel owned stations operate with playlists.

Also I don't believe in the whole "Janet was blacklisted" hoopla. Clear Channel already announced that there's no such thing as a "banned songs" list. They specifically choose songs that are popular and that may interest new consumers to purchase the songs. That's why you hear Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Rihanna every 5 minutes on Pop radio.

Bingo - you've explained it perfectly. As it is, they pretty much stop playing songs by certain artists once they feel they've hit their sell-by date - it's very unusual to hear a song by an over-40 (or even over-35 or whatever) female artist on the radio these days (J.Lo has been a rare exception as of late and is lucky to be on Idol). The Clear Channel playlists are aimed at a younger audience. Even when they ask you to call up and request something, they mean "call up and request something that's on our playlist". 'Tis all corporate stuff.

Fans were told it wasn't going to play because Janet songs aren't on their radio playlists. That's the only logical reason I can think of as to why they didn't play the song. Clear Channel owned stations operate with playlists.

Also I don't believe in the whole "Janet was blacklisted" hoopla. Clear Channel already announced that there's no such thing as a "banned songs" list. They specifically choose songs that are popular and that may interest new consumers to purchase the songs. That's why you hear Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Rihanna every 5 minutes on Pop radio.

Which means they play what they want or what they are payed to play.. Meaning Clear Channel still had control over whether or not Janet gets played.. They played her a little so they can't be accused of not playing her at all..

Bingo - you've explained it perfectly. As it is, they pretty much stop playing songs by certain artists once they feel they've hit their sell-by date - it's very unusual to hear a song by an over-40 (or even over-35 or whatever) female artist on the radio these days (J.Lo has been a rare exception as of late and is lucky to be on Idol). The Clear Channel playlists are aimed at a younger audience. Even when they ask you to call up and request something, they mean "call up and request something that's on our playlist". 'Tis all corporate stuff.

thank you .

Even vadge had a huge prob to get spins on Radio with 4 mins and she teamed up with Justin and Timberlake who at the time were the it couple. And by couple i mean couple.

Fact is radio shows no love to 40 + artists , for some reason Mariah has been 38 for 6 years +.

ANDS though was really blacklisted, we used to have people on JJ.com calling in radios to request the song and they'd say that they would not play it

Do you think clear channel is really going to admit that they were blacklisting her? :rolleyes:

Clear Channel is apart of viacom, which is owned by.....CBS!!!

The same network that was in hot water with the FCC about the SB incident. If you think she wasn't blacklisted, then you are as delusional as that fool who thinks 20 yo is a better album than anything by Britney. :filenails:

Which means they play what they want or what they are payed to play.. Meaning Clear Channel still had control over whether or not Janet gets played.. They played her a little so they can't be accused of not playing her at all..

Clear Channel has control over radio in general. If they feel a song isn't going to help them bring in new listeners or consumers then they won't even mind adding the song to the playlist. It has nothing to do with the Superbowl. BTW, they own Urban/R&B stations too, not just Pop radio stations.

Do you think clear channel is really going to admit that they were blacklisting her? :rolleyes:

The same network that was in hot water with the FCC about the SB incident. If you think she wasn't blacklisted, then you are as delusional as that fool who thinks 20 yo is a better album than anything by Britney. :filenails:

It is :filenails:

Clear Channel has control over radio in general. If they feel a song isn't going to help them bring in new listeners or consumers then they won't even mind adding the song to the playlist. It has nothing to do with the Superbowl. BTW, they own Urban/R&B stations too, not just Pop radio stations.

Janet's airplay was down all over.. And there are a few R&B stations that are black owned that don't play that shit.. WBLS in NY is one of them and they play Janet all the time..

I find britneys albums since blackout really boring. All the songs are so blah. Can't understand the fuss.

20 YO is just a better album. Sorry. It's still more listenable and interesting. I can't be bothered with britneys mumbling autotuned cat meowing voice over crappy beats that don't have any funk or decent melody.

Sorry truth.

:wacko:

Clear Channel doesn't just own Pop radio. They own Urban/R&B stations too and I do remember hearing that atrocious "Call On Me" song in 2006. You know the same song that was a hit on Urban/R&B stations.

You have no room to speak on anyone being delusional. Mr. "OMG Stiffney is so amazing even though she can't move on stage anymore". :coffee: BTW, I just said she wasn't blacklisted off Clear Channel, not anything else. I know she was blacklisted off MTV, though.

Exactly.

Madonna is in the same boat too but I do recall hearing "4 minutes" occasionally and that was mainly because of JT. Basically, Clear Channel stops adding artists they feel are dated. That's unless you're Mariah and continue to make hip songs that appeal to the young audience. Then Clear Channel will hop all over each of their songs regardless of age.

:wacko:

Clear Channel doesn't just own Pop radio. They own Urban/R&B stations too and I do remember hearing that atrocious "Call On Me" song in 2006. You know the same song that was a hit on Urban/R&B stations.

You have no room to speak on anyone being delusional. Mr. "OMG Stiffney is so amazing even though she can't move on stage anymore". :coffee:

Yeah, they played it soooooo, yet it barely made it to #21 on billboard, even though, it was selling very well on itunes? PLEASE!

I was one of the fans that was calling in requesting ANDS, and being told they were not going to play it. And even when they finally did start playing COM, it never got full/heavy rotation. FB sold well on itunes and had fans requesting it. Radio stations never gave it full exposure. The only stations that showed Janet any real love were the all dance stations and the adult R&B stations. And most of those stations are privately owned and create their own playlist outside of pop music.

If it was all about her age and being an older artist, then Madonna would have fallen off at the start of the last decade. Mariah too.

Exactly.

Madonna is in the same boat too but I do recall hearing "4 minutes" occasionally and that was mainly because of JT. Basically, Clear Channel stops adding artists they feel are dated. That's unless you're Mariah and continue to make hip songs that appeal to the young audience. Then Clear Channel will hop all over each of their songs regardless of age.

4 minutes got massive airplay and made it all the way to #4 on billboard. Her age did not stop her from doing well on the charts, however JT did help.

It's truth though.

Yull know if Janet had got the chance to give it out on stage to 'show me' 'get it out of me' 'do it to me' etc...yull would have a very favourable opinion of 20 YO.

I don't think so. :umm:

It's truth though.

Yull know if Janet had got the chance to give it out on stage to 'show me' 'get it out of me' 'do it to me' etc...yull would have a very favourable opinion of 20 YO.

You know I think ur cool and stuff......but.....do you ever wonder why you are always on a different page to everyone else......I mean, we are all completely different people with different likes and dislikes, and as varied as opinions are; you always dance to the beat of your own little drum :)

Archived