The Shanice thread

RedSimba

Yes I had to do it. :P For those who don't know, Shanice is one of my favorite singers! :blush: She is very underrated. She can sing, dance, write, and also very pretty and has a lovable personality. She's the entire package! ^_^

Discovery is a nice debut. She tweeted me (*sigh* :blush:) saying she had a lot of fun recording it. "(Baby Tell Me) Can You Dance" and "No 1/2 Steppin'" are great uptempos with the popular new jack swing/funk sound at the time, and great ballads like "Just A Game" and "The Way You Love Me."

Inner Child is my favorite one; especially because I'm a huge New Jack Swing fan and this was released while NJS was at its peak. It has her signature hit "I Love Your Smile," which she revealed she was actually embarrassed about releasing it :lol: but it became a monster hit! She really shows her awesome personality all throughout ("Shut up you guys, you can't sing!" :lol:), and I always crack up at the funny exchange between her and JG on "You Ain't All That." ("Don't call me! Don't even give my dog a biscuit!" :lol: JG = Johnny Gill for my fellow youngins :P) Their duet "Silent Prayer" is quite good too.

21 ... Ways To Grow, as the title shows, showed some growth from the previous album. It has the overly slept-on "Turn Down the Lights," which in my opinion is her best ballad. Other highlights are the southern-styled "I Like" and another ballad "Don't Break My Heart."

The self-titled Shanice is my second favorite. A very solid R&B album, and the equal balance of uptempos and slow jams is perfect! Highlights: "When I Close My Eyes," "Yesterday," and "Fly Away."

Every Woman Dreams is her most laid back. To be honest, I felt it was too many slow songs and not enough uptempos while the previous album had the perfect balance. However, it contains another remake of Minnie Riperton's "Loving You" here. She first covered it for Inner Child, but I like this one better and it's arranged more closely to the original. I also like "So Sexy" and "I Can't Imagine." ^_^

She had many other great non-album songs worth mentioning too: "Don't Wanna Love You," "Saving Forever For You" (her other top 5 hit :P), "It's For You" (my absolute favorite! I've played it over 300 times now :D), and "Love Is The Gift" (her highest note here, a B♭6!) and a few others. ^_^

Her new single "Tomorrow" grew on me a lot. It's a very nice piano ballad ... it was just released on iTunes so hopefully this means a new album soon! ^_^

Top Albums

1. Inner Child

2. Shanice

3. 21...Ways to Grow

4. Every Woman Dreams

5. Discovery

Top 5 Songs

1. "It's For You"

2. "I Love Your Smile"

3. "Turn Down the Lights"

4. "(Baby Tell Me) Can You Dance"

5. "Loving You" (Every Woman Dreams version)

*watches the tumbleweed roll by* -_-

Oh RedSimba. :huh::sigh::asham:

I couldn't resist :P

I only know that one song by her . . . but I really like it. :wub:

That was my introduction to her ^_^ I liked it so much I started checking out other songs :asham:

chile

i do like her song and video for When I Close My Eyes, i remember trying to learn the choreography :wub:

Yeah me too with the sign-language routine and everything! ^_^

Oh Andy..... :lol:

If I Were A Boy on YouTube>>>>>>>>>

You a fool :lmao:

Anyway ...I always liked Shanice but never purchased none of her shit except for the Shanice album which was a GOOD ALBUM..I fucks with that cd haaaaaard.

"Somebody Else" is my all time favorite song by her

• 3 weeks later...