Beyonce's "4" album cover

art

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number 4 (四; accounting 肆; pinyin sì) is considered an unlucky number in Chinese, Korean, and Japanese cultures because it is nearly homophonous to the word "death" (死 pinyin sǐ). Due to that, many numbered product lines skip the "4": e.g. Nokia cell phones (there is no series beginning with a 4),[6] Palm[citation needed] PDAs, Canon PowerShot G's series (after G3 goes G5), etc. In East Asia, some buildings do not have a 4th floor. (Compare with the Western practice of some buildings not having a 13th floor because 13 is considered unlucky.) In Hong Kong, some high-rise residential buildings literally miss all floor numbers with "4", e.g. 4, 14, 24, 34 and all 40–49 floors, in addition to not having a 13th floor. As a result, a building whose highest floor is number 50 may actually have only 35 physical floors.

Yeah, I always thought buildings took it way too far with their triskaidekaphobia madness. The "14th" floor is the 13th floor no matter what you label it. :lol: Same for China erasing all instances where a digit 4 appears. I mean they don't skip 13, and we don't skip the 4's so that should say something. :lol:

Yeah, I always thought buildings took it way too far with their triskaidekaphobia madness. The "14th" floor is the 13th floor no matter what you label it. :lol: Same for China erasing all instances where a digit 4 appears. I mean they don't skip 13, and we don't skip the 4's so that should say something. :lol:

Haha!! Exactly! Any whoot... Beyonce just needs to release her 2nd single

Archived