Is Cadbury Racist?

TwistedElegance™

6nyqfo.jpg

Naomi Campbell is pissed that Cadbury used her name in an ad for their new chocolate bar Bliss and is calling the company racist.

The ad, which is pictured above, says: “Move over Naomi – there is a new diva in town.”

Yesterday Campbell revealed she is considering “every option available” after Cadbury, owned by the US giant Kraft, refused to pull the ad campaign, which ran in newspapers last week: “I am shocked. It’s upsetting to be described as chocolate, not just for me, but for all black women and black people. I do not find any humor in this. It is insulting and hurtful.”

The model’s mother, Valerie Morris, backed her daughter, saying: “I’m deeply upset by this racist advert. Do these people think they can insult black people and we just take it? This is the 21st century, not the 1950s. Shame on Cadbury.”

Disgust at the ad prompted members of the public to complain to the campaign group Operation Black Vote (OBV), which has called for Cadbury to apologize. OBV’s Simon Woolley said that without an apology, the “only recourse black people have is not to buy its chocolate”. He has written to the American civil rights activists Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to ask them to mobilize the country’s Afro-American population. “I want them to know what their parent company is doing in Europe. I’ve asked them to support us.”

A spokesperson for Cadbury insisted that the campaign was “a light-hearted take on the social pretensions of Cadbury Dairy Milk Bliss”. He added later, however, that the campaign was “no longer in circulation… we have no plans to repeat the campaign.”

We see what Naomi was talking about, but technically they didn’t call her “chocolate” they called her a “diva”! Do you find it insulting when black people are referred to as chocolate? Does Naomi deserve an apology from Cadbury… or a ho sit down?

http://bossip.com/390545/lawsuits-naomi-campbell-threatens-to-file-suit-against-cadbuy-for-chocolate-diva-ads30346/

Cadbury need to either replace the 1 bar of Dairy Milk chocolate they removed or reduce the fucking price. How you gonna reduce a 5 bar chocolate to 4 bars and increase the price? Motherfucking thieving bastards.

Cadbury need to either replace the 1 bar of Dairy Milk chocolate they removed or reduce the fucking price. How you gonna reduce a 5 bar chocolate to 4 bars and increase the price? Motherfucking thieving bastards.

:lmao: @ this reply having nothing to do with Naomi. :lmao:

bitch no :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I guess :lmao:

Back on topic I don't know what to think I mean its all context, and in this context they are saying that our chocolate is a luxurious and glamorous as Naomi and used the word diva, I think it was meant to be more catty than anything, and the ad is very classy looking now of course would it make the same sense if they said Victoria? or Heidi? I don't know it might

People doing too much as usual. Referring to skin tone as chocolate offhand is not inherently racist.

actually its not about race its about her acting like a diva, I reworded the ad with Heidi and it still makes sense but not within a diva acting context. Still effective though.

actually its not about race its about her acting like a diva, I reworded the ad with Heidi and it still makes sense but not within a diva acting context. Still effective though.

That is what i got from it as well. I didnt get race at all from that without the "story" of Naomi being pissed

-slain in the spirit

People doing too much as usual. Referring to skin tone as chocolate offhand is not inherently racist.

some black people kill me ive never heard a dark skinned black person get offended when being referred to as chocolate thats a term of endearment naomi's dumb ass needs to sit down, she's just looking for a way to be in the media again

some black people kill me ive never heard a dark skinned black person get offended when being referred to as chocolate thats a term of endearment naomi's dumb ass needs to sit down, she's just looking for a way to be in the media again

She's obviously ran out of assistants to beat and sugar daddys to send her blood diamonds :lol:

she should endorse AT&T :shifty:

Archived