X MEN first class

Xtraordinary Xternal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gagged at the Wolverine cameo...and Storm :blush:

Overall AWESOME movie....the director, writers and actors really made you understand the perspective of Magneto. Hell if I were a mutant, I would probably be in the Brotherhood too. The US and Russia tried the fuck outta both he and Xavier, as well as the other mutants.

Just saw it.....soooooo dope! :excited:

Magneto is the shit. Plain and simple. I've never been a fan of his but i am now convinced.

Emma needs an ass-plant. Them pancakes ain't it.

She's a white girl...what do you expect? :mellow:

I know Magnesus acted a fool.. :wub: He's not the most powerful mutant for nothing.. :wub:

Sorry Xavier is the most powerful but thanks :)

She's a white girl...what do you expect? :mellow:

What does her being caucasian have to do with anything? :mellow: There are white girls with ass...i've seen em.

January Jones and that baggy lingerie just wasn't the biz. I need sexy slut for Emma Frost. -_-

I gagged at the Wolverine cameo...and Storm :blush:

Overall AWESOME movie....the director, writers and actors really made you understand the perspective of Magneto. Hell if I were a mutant, I would probably be in the Brotherhood too. The US and Russia tried the fuck outta both he and Xavier, as well as the other mutants.

I understand magneto but... still team xaiver... it good and bad humans for example his mother she was a human... and he loved her. I was pissed when they shot they shot at them... The storm cameo was kinda out of place time wise she wouldn't be that old but hey it is what it is... Wolverine ages slow so I could understand him looking the same. I must say night crawlers father was a formidable fighter he was fucking people up like it wasn't nothing.

It was soo good. They really did a great job with the writing and the acting was wonderful. I wanted Sebastian to backhand Emma at least one time for old time sake but at least he told that bitch to go get him some ice. That was hilarious.

The cameos were really well done.

alexgonzalezx-men-first-class-london-photocall-05232011-12.jpg

Riptide can get some :whistle:

It was soo good. They really did a great job with the writing and the acting was wonderful. I wanted Sebastian to backhand Emma at least one time for old time sake but at least he told that bitch to go get him some ice. That was hilarious.

i agree. :thumbup:

The cameos were really well done.

alexgonzalezx-men-first-class-london-photocall-05232011-12.jpg

Riptide can get some :whistle:

tumblr_lhzix5xz3Q1qfiwhz.gif

This movie is pure entertainment!! I loved every second of it... Best movie 2011?

I hope they make more prequels of xmen..

How many more prequels can there be?

at this point they are going to go back in time when they are sperm

How many more prequels can there be?

at this point they are going to go back in time when they are sperm

Trying to think too hard at the convoluted timeline makes your brain mushy. That is why they are saying this is a prequel AND a reboot. If the timeline doesnt make sense then that is the reboot part lol.

Cause Storm should be about 50 and Xavier like 70 in the X1-X3 timelines if these were right.

Trying to think too hard at the convoluted timeline makes your brain mushy. That is why they are saying this is a prequel AND a reboot. If the timeline doesnt make sense then that is the reboot part lol.

Cause Storm should be about 50 and Xavier like 70 in the X1-X3 timelines if these were right.

It's entertainment.. The timeline doesn't have to make sense or be reality

It's entertainment.. The timeline doesn't have to make sense or be reality

In this case I agree. But, NORMALLY if a movie is going to call itself a prequel you want continuity and for the timelines to pretty much match up. It isnt needed in this case though which is why it works. Otherwise you may as well divorce yourself from the previous films and reboot.

Like the Michael Keaten/Val kilmer Bat films, and the Nolan verse newer Bat films.

'X-Men' mutants weaken with $56M prequel debut

LOS ANGELES – Young X-Men don't have the same box-office superpowers as their older selves.

"X-Men: First Class" had a solid No. 1 opening with a $56 million weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday.

But the 20th Century Fox prequel chronicling the formative years of the comic-book mutants found smaller audiences than the franchise's first four big-screen adventures, which featured older versions of the X-Men.

Debut weekends for the last three "X-Men" flicks ranged from $85.1 million to $102.8 million. The original "X-Men" opened 11 years ago with $54.5 million, but that would amount to about $80 million today adjusting for ticket-price inflation.

Fox distribution executive Chris Aronson said the studio achieved its goal of opening the prequel at about the same revenue numbers as the original "X-Men."

"This is just an excellent start in launching a brand new chapter of the `X-Men' franchise," said Aronson, dismissing comparisons to the $85.1 million debut of Hugh Jackman's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" in 2009.

"You can't compare this one to any of the other `X-Men' movies, except maybe" the first one, Aronson said. "Something like `Wolverine' is a totally unfair comparison because that had a bonafide worldwide star in Hugh Jackman and arguably the most popular character in the `X-Men' stable."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110605/ap_en_ot/us_box_office

I was expecting a bigger opening. >_<

'X-Men' mutants weaken with $56M prequel debut

LOS ANGELES – Young X-Men don't have the same box-office superpowers as their older selves.

"X-Men: First Class" had a solid No. 1 opening with a $56 million weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday.

But the 20th Century Fox prequel chronicling the formative years of the comic-book mutants found smaller audiences than the franchise's first four big-screen adventures, which featured older versions of the X-Men.

Debut weekends for the last three "X-Men" flicks ranged from $85.1 million to $102.8 million. The original "X-Men" opened 11 years ago with $54.5 million, but that would amount to about $80 million today adjusting for ticket-price inflation.

Fox distribution executive Chris Aronson said the studio achieved its goal of opening the prequel at about the same revenue numbers as the original "X-Men."

"This is just an excellent start in launching a brand new chapter of the `X-Men' franchise," said Aronson, dismissing comparisons to the $85.1 million debut of Hugh Jackman's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" in 2009.

"You can't compare this one to any of the other `X-Men' movies, except maybe" the first one, Aronson said. "Something like `Wolverine' is a totally unfair comparison because that had a bonafide worldwide star in Hugh Jackman and arguably the most popular character in the `X-Men' stable."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110605/ap_en_ot/us_box_office

I was expecting a bigger opening. >_<

I wasn't really. These are D list no name mutants for the most part other than magneto, Xavier, and Mystique. And Wolverine and X3 were pretty bad overall so the audience was jaded. I thought First Class was going to be awful too until all the previews and clips started leaking out.

The reviews and positive word of mouth will help it get a respectable haul overall i think.

I wasn't really. These are D list no name mutants for the most part other than magneto, Xavier, and Mystique. And Wolverine and X3 were pretty bad overall so the audience was jaded. I thought First Class was going to be awful too until all the previews and clips started leaking out.

The reviews and positive word of mouth will help it get a respectable haul overall i think.

I just thought the fanboys alone would give it a bigger boost on opening weekend.

But I also think it will have long legs, especially with the great reviews it got.

Archived