Leona Lewis lashes out at the critics

art

SHE’S been branded the dullest girl in pop (side-eying everyone who could actually agree with this), but now X Factor winner Leona Lewis has hit back at critics who have made her life hell and declared: “I am not boring.”

Leona, 26, has been slammed as bland compared to her contemporaries, such as Lady Gaga, but has finally showed off her fighting spirit.

She said: “I don’t care what anyone says. I’m not boring.

“Unless you know me, I don’t really care about your opinions. I couldn’t care less.

“Lady Gaga does her crazy thing and she is great. I definitely have something different to offer. I’m all about the music and songs.

“But I have just as many wigs as Gaga and the next girl. (161fj2h.gif) I love playing with fashion too.”

Earlier this year, the global music star from Hackney came under fire after stepping out in outfits she had designed from scratch.

The Bleeding Love singer, who is performing at BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra’s Hackney Weekend in 2012 said: “I love changing my style. I designed a lot of my outfits during Grammy week.

“People are always going to say stuff – someone’s gold is another man’s s***. I felt comfortable. It was very pop and vibrant.”

Hear, hear...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/05/31/leona-lewis-hits-back-i-m-not-boring-115875-23168430/

SHE’S been branded the dullest girl in pop (side-eying everyone who could actually agree with this), but now X Factor winner Leona Lewis has hit back at critics who have made her life hell and declared: “I am not boring.”

Leona, 26, has been slammed as bland compared to her contemporaries, such as Lady Gaga, but has finally showed off her fighting spirit.

“Unless you know me, I don’t really care about your opinions. I couldn’t care less.

“Lady Gaga does her crazy thing and she is great. I definitely have something different to offer. I’m all about the music and songs.

“But I have just as many wigs as Gaga and the next girl. (161fj2h.gif) I love playing with fashion too.”

Earlier this year, the global music star from Hackney came under fire after stepping out in outfits she had designed from scratch.

The Bleeding Love singer, who is performing at BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra’s Hackney Weekend in 2012 said: “I love changing my style. I designed a lot of my outfits during Grammy week.

“People are always going to say stuff – someone’s gold is another man’s s***. I felt comfortable. It was very pop and vibrant.”

Hear, hear...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/05/31/leona-lewis-hits-back-i-m-not-boring-115875-23168430/

The end. :coffee:

“Lady Gaga does her crazy thing and she is great. I definitely have something different to offer. I’m all about the music and songs.“But I have just as many wigs as Gaga and the next girl. (161fj2h.gif) I love playing with fashion too.”

Hear, hear...

the shade :wub:

She is a sweet girl living in an era where bitchiness is the flavor the season so that might explain a lot of things ...

With that said ... she's a bit plain i agree but i don't find her music boring AT ALL. And Spirit wasn't as bad as people make it out to be

"Unless you know me, I don’t really care about your opinions. I couldn’t care less."

And this is why she will ALWAYS matter. :lmao:

Exactly! I love that. She is being herself and isnt relying on setting her tits on fire to get attention.

She is a sweet girl living in an era where bitchiness is the flavor the season so that might explain a lot of things ...

And there you have it. 15 years ago she would have been BIGGER than all the Gaga's of the industry because her image is so clean and cross over ready. But she emerged at a time when experimental is En Vougue, so she stands out. And not in a good way. I mean the fact that she has to make a public statement about how "Not boring" she is, speaks to just how boring she is.

Exactly! I love that. She is being herself and isnt relying on setting her tits on fire to get attention.

She's selling fundamental talent. And the fact that she can give two shits and a flying fuck about what ppl think of her gives me life. :lol:

And there you have it. 15 years ago she would have been BIGGER than all the Gaga's of the industry because her image is so clean and cross over ready. But she emerged at a time when experimental is En Vougue, so she stands out. And not in a good way. I mean the fact that she has to make a public statement about how "Not boring" she is, speaks to just how boring she is.

She was asked a question and she answered it :rolleyes:

Archived