The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

Mr. Wonder

Introducing Tom Aspaul:

”My favourite artist of all time has to be Janet Jackson. I was introduced to her by my next door neighbour growing up in Wednesfield – she used to play her songs in the back garden. I loved her vocal harmonies and melodies and the fact that she managed to carve her own career out of her brother’s shadow“
Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/2017/08/25/unsigned-wolverhampton-singer-tom-aspaul-writes-for-kylie/#AsXwWZAI7ykqigvu.99

• Upvote 1

Wayne Scot Lukas who styled the original look isn't impressed 

tbh I don't get her look, what does it stand for? I only know her from MTV's My Sweet 16 show years ago. Anytime you try and emulate someone be it Janet or anyone else you lose the original impact. Nice to see she is a fan tho.

His commentary was not needed. Anybody who follows Teyana knows that she likes to pay respect and honor those who came before her and influenced her career. She doesn't have to be working an angle or an agenda to simply pay homage. I wish more people her age would innerStand that...I would go as far as saying that everybody at that damn award show should have been dressed up as Michael and Janet Jackson because without them MTV wouldn't have been able to keep the lights on. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 5

His commentary was not needed. Anybody who follows Teyana knows that she likes to pay respect and honor those who came before her and influenced her career. She doesn't have to be working an angle or an agenda to simply pay homage. I wish more people her age would innerStand that...I would go as far as saying that everybody at that damn award show should have been dressed up as Michael and Janet Jackson because without them MTV wouldn't have been able to keep the lights on. :rolleyes:

I’m pissed at P!nk for not mentioning Janet when she went through the names of artists that paved the way :angry: Imma send her a tweet :asham: 

• Upvote 1

I’m pissed at P!nk for not mentioning Janet when she went through the names of artists that paved the way :angry: Imma send her a tweet :asham: 

I think she was just mentioning artists she perceived as presenting androgynous or who cross dressed. Janet was a tomboy, but always a very FEMME one. Lol.

• Upvote 2

he's sounds stupid. No one gives a shit about the style you created. It was about Janet and how she made it work.  Janet was making a statement for Michael with pervert and Texans was making a statement to the industry that she's underrated.  I love the message she posted too honoring Janet. I'm so sick of these messy queens in her camp. 

• 2 weeks later...