The Official Kelly Rowland Thread

Kim

Nothing stands out besides the first single... Everything is a filler.. It's like no one tells her that her music isn't very catchy..

I don't like how they're always putting Michelle in the last verse :umm::lol:

I'm lost at the direction of this album.. No theme.. From spousal abuse to telling "women" how to keep their man on the same album.. Just mixed messages

• Upvote 1

Nothing stands out besides the first single... Everything is a filler.. It's like no one tells her that her music isn't very catchy..

I don't like how they're always putting Michelle in the last verse :umm::lol:

I'm lost at the direction of this album.. No theme.. From spousal abuse to telling "women" how to keep their man on the same album.. Just mixed messages

Completely agree. It is messy and nothing flows together. There is no structure as an ALBUM. I mean when absolutely no song could be a hit at all? Come on heffa damn. Yeah Dirty Laundry reveals some personal stuff people may not have known. But, the majority still won't know because the album has no hits and will be lucky to go double aluminum.
  • Upvote 1

Though I like the album none of the tracks are that memorable. My personal faves are

I Remember

Stand In Front Of Me

Sky Walker

You Changed

One of them sounds like she sampled Ushers There Goes My Baby even though I know she didn't.

Her most cohesive album was Ms Kelly (my favourite from her).

I've had the chance to give it a more thorough listen. I'm not in love with it, but I'm enjoying it.

"You Changed" is my jam. I get the feeling it's just a leftover from Destiny Fulfilled though. They probably just added the beginning, "Ladies, y'all wanna do it again?" to make it seem new. lol

Kelly is cool with playing second fiddle. And it's cool. How so you ask? First of all, her best songs feature the lady who she's playing second fiddle to. "Dirty Laundry" is her most personal song and she name checks Bey and spills about an abusive relationship. The song is not single worthy, but it's lyrical content is deep and should be commended. "You Changed" is another standout track. She teams up with her Destiny's Child gals and they haven't sounded better. Although they list the song as "Kelly ft. Beyonce and Michelle" you really just wanna say it's a Destiny's Child track. It seems like each girl has their own identity, but it's so not the case. Although Kelly has sang lead on songs before while in Destiny's Child, she still can't shake the second fiddle. Beyonce's gutteral voice comes in and then Michelle's two seconds of singing finishes it off. A nice track with a solid vocals.

Secondly, the production is even second rate. Pharell and Timbaland's signature sounds on "Street Life" and "I'll Remember" sound just like their previous works. The songs are cool, but if Kelly is cool with rehashed sounds then so am I.

Ironically, on the song #1, she doesn't want to play second fiddle to another woman, but sadly she does on this album and in real life.

• Upvote 1

Have to disagree.. " You Chamged" is a Kelly track. Not a DC track.. The set up's the same but lyrically it's weak..

Shocker.

tumblr_lzgimqGtOI1qe747eo2_250.gif

Lyrically, it's not great, but overall it's a good song. The song is DC all day. And it's reminiscent of "LOT" with some of those notes.

And this is why I say Kelly will always play second fiddle. She's content with it. But it's a nice rnb album.

She has a great voice. She can dance. Her live performances could do with work but she has potential which isn't being used or explored. Such a shame.

She has a great voice. She can dance. Her live performances could do with work but she has potential which isn't being used or explored. Such a shame.

Considering she was in DC and had time to hone her skills, she just let herself go. No wonder she made the song "dirty laundry".

Considering she was in DC and had time to hone her skills, she just let herself go. No wonder she made the song "dirty laundry".

I thought Ms Kelly would be the makings of her but it flopped :(.