The Official Kelly Rowland Thread

Kim

Or the Dream wrote. :shifty:

:asham: I do admire for her being brave about it. And of course, some people are saying she shouldn't be bringing up Bey's name. :sigh: Why not since everyone brings it up for her when they do interviews. So address it. :coffee:

Look, her even acknowledging that her music was bullshit is a life changing revelation...and she ain't even need Iyanla.

I agree, I live for the honesty. It's not like she's disparaging her anyway. It's almost like she was so used to functioning in Beyoncé's shadow that once Bey bounced, her ass was just lost...and I don't think that's Beyoncé's fault.

• Upvote 2

Solange actually has addressed it in a song or two already...but I think the difference is Solange's stance was more defiant where as Kelly's is clearly rooted in her lack of self esteem.

Oh, I didn't know Solange addressed anything..I may have heard about it on a blog or so, but not in a song.

It's pretty obvious that there would be something there since Bey is such a presence. I'm glad both have dealt with it and are expressing it(regardless of how it's perceived). -_-

• Upvote 1

Look, her even acknowledging that her music was bullshit is a life changing revelation...and she ain't even need Iyanla.

I agree, I live for the honesty. It's not like she's disparaging her anyway. It's almost like she was so used to functioning in Beyoncé's shadow that once Bey bounced, her ass was just lost...and I don't think that's Beyoncé's fault.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: BYE! Especially releasing "Ghetto" with Snoop Dogg. I coulda slapped the piss out of her. :umm:

Bey had no say in her flopping! It's a shame it took her this long to "bare her soul"..it was evident..I guess it's better late than never.

Oh, I didn't know Solange addressed anything..I may have heard about it on a blog or so, but not in a song.

It's pretty obvious that there would be something there since Bey is such a presence. I'm glad both have dealt with it and are expressing it(regardless of how it's perceived). -_-

From "God Given Name"

I'm not becoming expectations

I'm not her and never will be

Two girls going in different directions

Traveling towards the same galaxy

Let my starlight shine on it's own

No I'm no sister

I'm just my God given name

And in "Fuck The Industry" she simply said "I'll never be picture-perfect Beyoncé" while goin on to describe the makings of her. Like Solange was more saying "she's her, I'm me" where I don't think Kelly had a clear idea of who she was as an artist and maybe just in general. Same scenario where they're both in Beyoncé's shadow, but handled very differently.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: BYE! Especially releasing "Ghetto" with Snoop Dogg. I coulda slapped the piss out of her. :umm:

Bey had no say in her flopping! It's a shame it took her this long to "bare her soul"..it was evident..I guess it's better late than never.

Jia said she prolly had to ask for Beyoncé's permission to release it. The sad and funny part is that I halfway believe it too...

From "God Give Name"

I'm not becoming expectations

I'm not her and never will be

Two girls going in different directions

Traveling towards the same galaxy

Let my starlight shine on it's own

No I'm no sister

I'm just my God given name

And in "Fuck The Industry" she simply said "I'll never be picture-perfect Beyoncé" while goin on to describe the makings of her. Like Solange was more saying "she's her, I'm me" where I don't think Kelly had a clear idea of who she was as an artist and maybe just in general. Same scenario where they're both in Beyoncé's shadow, but handled very differently.

OH yeah..I heard about those songs. At least she's doing something different in her sound and image to distance herself from Beyonce. It does seem genuine.

Lemme go bop to "Sandcastle Disco" real quick.(although Bey would have ATE that song too :umm: ).

Jia said she prolly had to ask for Beyoncé's permission to release it. The sad and funny part is that I halfway believe it too...

:lmao: :lmao:

I can only imagine how that convo went. :lmao:

Beyonce stay on everybody's mind

um it's her cousin and they were in a group for over a decade

I'm sure she just released this so people can talk and want to hear the rest of the album.. PRetty good as far as promotion goes..

Now she needs a video to go with the song right before the album is released.

there's already a video in the works. I thought I posted the link a few days ago

I guess Kelly. whats the real intention behind this song? :huh:

smdh what the hell you think was the intention? Didn't Janet sing about her personal issues? She got her feelings out obviously :rolleyes:

Janet didn't release it as a single

And Kelly Rowland ain't Janet.. Idk why you mentioned her like they're comparable

"Black cat" and "Control" were both released as singles and they are clearly personal. :coffee:

smdh what the hell you think was the intention? Didn't Janet sing about her personal issues? She got her feelings out obviously :rolleyes:

im all for her being personal, I can dig that. I want to know her intentions about the use of Beyoncé's name in the song. Im sure she means no harm by it, but it feels like she knew that if she actually said Beyonce's name then the song would garner a lot more attention. Its just an observation though, I could be wrong. Its almost like if Janet were to put Michael's name in her song 'You'...I mean we know that its not about him :shifty: , im just saying that what if it was and she put his name in it...that song would have gotten a lot more attention and I would question Janets intention on using Mikes name in her song.

That wasn't the issue. You were talking about releasing songs that have a personal stories behind the lyrics and Janet has done that.

Obviously... It's Janet Jack... Her music is her diary

But comparing Control/BC... Two milestone, timeless songs by a legend... to any Kelly Rowland song is fucked up beyond belief... No matter how you look at it

That's like comparing Thriller to anything by Trey Songz or Omarion

Janet didn't release it as a single

And Kelly Rowland ain't Janet.. Idk why you mentioned her like they're comparable

yeah she ain't and ain't nobody directly comparing it's an example so stop playing like you're dumb and don't get it. It don't matter if its a single or not cause that ain't the point.

"Black cat" and "Control" were both released as singles and they are clearly personal. :coffee:

thank you! smh

Kelly just made a song about being in a abusive relationship, and all you all can talk about it is her being in Beyonce's shadow?

Supposedly the dude she's talking about is Cudda Love

Thank you! such dumb bitches but if it was Beyonce or one of their faves they would've said she's growing as a writer or praised it somehow. Since it's Kelly being real it's shade. If she wanted so much attention by using Beyonce's name she would've done it years ago

yeah she ain't and ain't nobody directly comparing it's an example so stop playing like you're dumb and don't get it. It don't matter if its a single or not cause that ain't the point.

When logic fails... mention Janet... Because Kelly Rowland is on Janet's level.. They are two different artists. Non-comparable... One's a pop, rock, R&B, opera, dancing Goddess... the other.. an R&B princess :umm:

Beyonce >>> Kelly's abusive relationship

...................I tend to ignore Kelly hate cause tho I love her she does make major mistakes and holds herself, but that comment right there just did the absolute MOSST.That's saying "Predictability >>>> Honest Artistry".... And that aint true. You can not like the song, you can not like Kelly, you can like Bey, but this song is deeper and more grown than anything Bey's released in yrs (if ever).

• Upvote 1

...................I tend to ignore Kelly hate cause tho I love her she does make major mistakes and holds herself, but that comment right there just did the absolute MOSST.That's saying "Predictability >>>> Honest Artistry".... And that aint true. You can not like the song, you can not like Kelly, you can like Bey, but this song is deeper and more grown than anything Bey's released in yrs (if ever).

Why must you fight with me... Why?! I thought you liked me and that we agreed that you can't win...

Well, first of all... I don't think Beyonce was ever in an abusive relationship... I think life experience is what this song is about...

Beyonce never had that hard of a life... You can't fake having a hard life... Not to mention Kelly had an abusive past (her father) meanwhile, Beyonce was born with a spoon in her throat.. Kelly, not so much...

Beyonce is boring and predictable... yes.. and has she run out of ideas, probably.. but she'll still be a power player