The Official Kelly Rowland Thread

Kim

When logic fails... mention Janet... Because Kelly Rowland is on Janet's level.. They are two different artists. Non-comparable... One's a pop, rock, R&B, opera, dancing Goddess... the other.. an R&B princess :umm:

did you just totally ignore what I just said :mellow:

I think what it comes down to is that there's something about this song that feels tawdry. Because of the way it's done, it feels more like blog fodder than artistry. I think that's why both Voodoo and Game and myself had the reactions we had.

• Upvote 1

Why must you fight with me... Why?! I thought you liked me and that we agreed that you can't win...

Well, first of all... I don't think Beyonce was ever in an abusive relationship... I think life experience is what this song is about...

Beyonce never had that hard of a life... You can't fake having a hard life... Not to mention Kelly had an abusive past (her father) meanwhile, Beyonce was born with a spoon in her throat.. Kelly, not so much...

Beyonce is boring and predictable... yes.. and has she run out of ideas, probably.. but she'll still be a power player

Oh the 1st part you bot right boo, I loves ya, I loves ya much ma Normy....but you're almost neva right ;). I just pointed out that you did the most...cause ya did

Sure you can fake having a having a hard life, theres pleanty of rappers with that lol. But yea Im just saying Beyonce's lyrical content isn't as deep as Kelly's could be is all I'm pointing out, and it's not a "I don't like Bey thing" we all know (fans & non-fans) that her lyrical content is pretty much stunted. And you don't need to be in a abusive relationship to write a song about it. I'm just saying ya can't put Bey over Kelly in terms of lyrics, like maybe the same page (tho I still wouldn't agree on that) but Bey aint above nobody when it comes to lyrical content.

Oh the 1st part you bot right boo, I loves ya, I loves ya much ma Normy....but you're almost neva right ;). I just pointed out that you did the most...cause ya did

Sure you can fake having a having a hard life, theres pleanty of rappers with that lol. But yea Im just saying Beyonce's lyrical content isn't as deep as Kelly's could be is all I'm pointing out, and it's not a "I don't like Bey thing" we all know (fans & non-fans) that her lyrical content is pretty much stunted. And you don't need to be in a abusive relationship to write a song about it. I'm just saying ya can't put Bey over Kelly in terms of lyrics, like maybe the same page (tho I still wouldn't agree on that) but Bey aint above nobody when it comes to lyrical content.

I may do "the most"... but I'm right about "the most"..

Rappers who are women? I agree... Beyonce's writing, or "credit hoarding" isn't deep.. but I wasn't comparing lyrical ability... just overall artistry

I love Kelly but I don't think this song is single worthy. It just sounds really off to me for some reason. With that being said I never knew this was going on with Kelly. This song is really insightful.

I feel as if this song should be broken up into two different songs

That's like Janet singing some of What About... and some of You on one track for 4 minutes

I feel as if this song should be broken up into two different songs

That's like Janet singing some of What About... and some of You on one track for 4 minutes

Game you read my mind! It should definitely be two songs! That's what was off to me! I love the lyrical content though but I just feel they should be separate songs!

I may do "the most"... but I'm right about "the most"..

Rappers who are women? I agree... Beyonce's writing, or "credit hoarding" isn't deep.. but it's well put-to-gether

I feel as if this song should be broken up into two different songs...

That's like Janet singing some of What About... and some of You

For the record I very much agree with you, it's not single worthy, just like I don't think What about should've been, and agree with you that this song should've been talked about but not heard until the album leak.

It is well put together, sometimes she sings words we're all sure she can't read write and pronounce on her own, but...still the content's stunted.

Basically we're on the same page about I don't think it was a good choice for the next single (I think the song with Bey & Michelle would've been the more logical choice), but you just completely lost me with the lyric comparison is all.

Yahoo! is ran by a woman and it is marketed to women.

wth does that have to do with anything? and no it's not marketed to women. It's a damn search engine and even sports hit the front page so what are you talking about

I love Kelly but I don't think this song is single worthy. It just sounds really off to me for some reason. With that being said I never knew this was going on with Kelly. This song is really insightful.

You can blame The Dream for that

• Upvote 2

The Tracklisting:

1. “Freak”

2. “Kisses Down Low”

3. “Gone” (feat. Wiz Khalifa)

4. “Talk a Good Game” (feat. Kevin Cossom)

5. “Down On Love”

6. “Dirty Laundry”

7. “You Changed” (feat. Beyoncé & Michelle)

8. “I Remember”

9. “Red Wine”

10. “This Is Love”

11. “Street Life” (feat. Pusha T)

12. “Stand in Front of Me”

Deluxe Edition

13. “Sky Walker” (feat. The-Dream)

14. “Put Your Name On It”

15. “#1

I see there's no Ice