LIL KIM RESPONDS

Shawn1814

and another question...why are people acting like Nicki is the first bitch that Kim has talked shit about? Kim went at Foxy and Eve too...only difference was the Kim was still in her prime while talking shit about them and Eve let it go...Foxy talked shit back cuz Foxy don't give a good gawd damn bout nobody lol...only reason Kim didn't go at Missy is because they were friends...Kim will go at anybody she feels is in her lane...I think she truly believes that none of them have anything on her...Missy to me is like the Kanye of female hip hop, she isn't the best rapper, but she is great at putting a song together...Lauryn, ain't nobody going at Lauryn, period lol...but what female has a flow that can be placed up there with Kim? Foxy was super nice on some tracks, then she came super wack on other tracks...she was too sketchy when she was suppose to be in her prime

I couldn't have said that any better myself :blush::lol:

I'll let this be known though, as far as lyricism is concerned, I feel like Lauryn could definitely rival Kim. My proof is "Lost Ones"...in my opinion, one of the illest female rap songs EVER. Lauryn has a ridiculous delivery too...but I think Kim takes delivery ultimately.

I agree with your assessment of Missy & Fox. And I'm glad Eve didn't go at Kim, because it really wasn't necessary. And Eve's such a fuckin lady :blush:

what's wrong? Jay-z took a shot of 50 when he was just coming out...LL Cool J took a shot at everybody back in the day...that's how the game goes...why are you acting like taking swipes at a new comer is a new revelation???...the entire shit seem to have stemmed from Kim feeling like Nicki's entire image was biting her style...I personally think she had a right to feel that way...Kim felt like the whole Barbie shit had been said and done by her, she felt like Nicki was jockin her style, she called it how she saw it...what's the problem? fact is that Kim would have had a problem with anyone...it isn't Nicki Minaj...it could have been Pookie's sister from down the street

You right Kim would have gotten at ANYONE ..Nicki said that herself ..but you wanna know why? Because Kim has a history of doing this.Getting at an up and coming female mc.

I completely understand if she felt Nicki used her image and all dat shit but it would be different if she used Kim's shit and DIDN'T pay her no respect..but she DID and Nicki admits that she did INDEED take from Lil Kim. But Kim is acting BRAND NEW herself because If Im not mistaken..that THE INDUSRTY! Like Nicki said..everyone takes from everyone ..PERIOD! Kim is no exception. If artists take from the greats of Mike and Janet..does Kim really think she's not gonna get bitten off of? Come on now ..take it as compliment and help support the 1 female in the game who's tryna keep the Female MC's alive..dont kick the bitch down..then NOBODY WINS!..thats all Im saying.

Lyrically yes, it's a huge pile of dung. But I can't help it, it's catchy, the Annie Lennox sample was refreshing, and the laid back vibe was nice...and I can't lie I enjoyed the vocals :D except for the end where she sounds like a tortured autotuned kitty cat.

I loved "when I was a geisha he was samurai, somehow I understood him when he spoke thai" even though Geishas are Japanese :rolleyes: The "Harajuku" Barbie should know that much :rolleyes: I thought the video was very sad, and the part you're referring to becomes very poignant when you see Nicki dying :tear:

From what I've seen Kim started it, saying Nicki wasn't paying homage...Nicki says she did and ultimately got fed up with Kim's "antics" in the end...However, I've read (I forget where) that Kim says there's more to the story and it goes deeper than what the public knows, so I really don't know. lol

Dont the ones who started it always use that same line?? :lmao::lmao: Well bitch why haven't you put it out there yet? Maybe folks wouldnt look at u being bitter and just a hater if we actually told what the "deeper" story is. Again..she's making her own self look ridiculous.

You right Kim would have gotten at ANYONE ..Nicki said that herself ..but you wanna know why? Because Kim has a history of doing this.Getting at an up and coming female mc.

I completely understand if she felt Nicki used her image and all dat shit but it would be different if she used Kim's shit and DIDN'T pay her no respect..but she DID and Nicki admits that she did INDEED take from Lil Kim. But Kim is acting BRAND NEW herself because If Im not mistaken..that THE INDUSRTY! Like Nicki said..everyone takes from everyone ..PERIOD! Kim is no exception. If artists take from the greats of Mike and Janet..does Kim really think she's not gonna get bitten off of? Come on now ..take it as compliment and help support the 1 female in the game who's tryna keep the Female MC's alive..dont kick the bitch down..then NOBODY WINS!..thats all Im saying.

check my last post...I been said that this is what Kim does lol...she goes at whoever she feels might be in her lane....you know damn well Nicki bit Kim like a HARD when she just came out...look like she fresh off the Crush On You video set honey lol...that's the point tho, nobody is suppose to win unless it's Kim...it's the same way with a lot of the guys, it's just that the industry is over saturated with male mc's so it doesn't work out that way...ain't nobody got time to try to help someone else be a winner in female hiphop at this point in time...space is too limited...Kim did the best thing she could have done, come at Nicki...that will get her way more attention than if she was on the radio praising and uplifting her

Very well said. I now know exactly where you're coming from, and I agree. Like I said, I really wish Kim would have laughed, let it be known that she was bitten off (because in the end, they are competition), and then DROP IT, and let her music speak for itself and reclaim her throne for her.

I think Kim was bothered that the public just gave Nicki the throne so quickly..."The Naked Truth" (one of the greatest female rap albums ever released) only dropped a few years back, meaning Kim is/was still at the top of her game. And then here comes some chick that's modeling her style after Kim's, and suddenly SHE'S superior to Kim? I can see why Kim was pressed.

BUT...

...that's not Nicki's fault...Kim has to just get back out there and do her, preove that she deserves that #1 spot. I say, with the release of this track, LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :excited:

Its obvious that they want Nicki's audience to be broader than "Bonquesha an' nem" :rolleyes:

I don't think people are complaining about that though (well some are probably, lol) I think people are genuinely disappointed.

She had ALOT to live up to though, but it might just work out for her...the real test will be the next few weeks.

I know I back Kim because I just don't feel that Nicki's on her level. Nicki, to me, isn't even on Eve's, Foxy's, or Remy's level either. And I know she hasn't made music in 100 years, but she isn't on Lauryn's level. I put Nicki as an up-and-comer, on someone like Lil' Mama's level. Yes, she's the toast of female rap right now, but that shit isn't built to last, I don't see her staying on top for as long as Kim & Missy did. For me, it's about quality anyway, and I've long believed that Kim's flow wasn't really matched by anyone...and that now includes Nicki. I'm not biased though, if Nicki put something out to make me think otherwise, i'd be the first to let it be known. But nothing I've heard thus far is comparable in terms of quality to Kim.

Im not saying Nicki is on anyones level because to be honest EVE is my all time favorite female MC and Remy is my favorite female freestyling MC. All Im saying is lets be fair. Nicki in only on album no.1. Lets not completely cancel her out...artists usually get better with time.You have to start small...everyone has had that beginning stage. Im a fan of both..but Im about whats fair. Not to mention its a trend to hate on ANYONE who blows up ..(ie Gaga,Beyonce,Rihanna) ..they ALL have their nay sayers...it has become the beat that everyone marches to.

I loved "when I was a geisha he was samurai, somehow I understood him when he spoke thai" even though Geishas are Japanese [/b :rolleyes: The "Harajuku" Barbie should know that much :rolleyes: I thought the video was very sad, and the part you're referring to becomes very poignant when you see Nicki dying :tear:

:excited: I've been saying that ever since I first hear the song on her mixtape :lmao: yeah, Harajuku Barbie should have known that :lol:

Whoa, I've never even seen the video! I need to check that out.

Dont the ones who started it always use that same line?? :lmao::lmao: Well bitch why haven't you put it out there yet? Maybe folks wouldnt look at u being bitter and just a hater if we actually told what the "deeper" story is. Again..she's making her own self look ridiculous.

Maybe Kim has, I don't know...I don't even remember where I read that. :lol:

Whatever the story is, I'm sure it'll come out eventually...I'm willing to be it's a bunch of he said, she said shit that made it back to Kim. If they were to actually talk (without all the bs) they would probably work it out...lol

I loved "when I was a geisha he was samurai, somehow I understood him when he spoke thai" even though Geishas are Japanese :rolleyes: The "Harajuku" Barbie should know that much :rolleyes: I thought the video was very sad, and the part you're referring to becomes very poignant when you see Nicki dying :tear:

Lyrics dont have to make sense :rolleyes:

I think the technical term for it is called a "fill-in" lyric if Im not mistaken..

I don't wanna say it's not gonna happen, but it's not... :lol:

Hip-hop and the African-American community is very close minded.

They're certainly out there tho..I know a few..they are tryna beak into mainstream but that will be a stretch. THe mos certainly have their own underground gay rap community.

Im not saying Nicki is on anyones level because to be honest EVE is my all time favorite female MC and Remy is my favorite female freestyling MC. All Im saying is lets be fair. Nicki in only on album no.1. Lets not completely cancel her out...artists usually get better with time.You have to start small...everyone has had that beginning stage. Im a fan of both..but Im about whats fair. Not to mention its a trend to hate on ANYONE who blows up ..(ie Gaga,Beyonce,Rihanna) ..they ALL have their nay sayers...it has become the beat that everyone marches to.

Agreed 100%, you're absolutely correct. It has become a trend to hate on the one on the rise. That's unfortunate, because it's unnecessary. At this point, both ladies need to prove themselves. Nicki needs to prove that she's capable of having the throne, and Kim needs to prove that it's not time to leave the throne.

check my last post...I been said that this is what Kim does lol...she goes at whoever she feels might be in her lane....you know damn well Nicki bit Kim like a HARD when she just came out...look like she fresh off the Crush On You video set honey lol...that's the point tho, nobody is suppose to win unless it's Kim...it's the same way with a lot of the guys, it's just that the industry is over saturated with male mc's so it doesn't work out that way...ain't nobody got time to try to help someone else be a winner in female hiphop at this point in time...space is too limited...Kim did the best thing she could have done, come at Nicki...that will get her way more attention than if she was on the radio praising and uplifting her

So all this time we agreed :excited: