SOUL TRAIN AWARDS ON--BET RIGHT NOW !!!

switchblade330

Just remember when Janet beat out Whitney and Anita at the 86 awards.....could have been 87. There was no stopping her after that especially after her performances on the AMAs and the Grammys during the Control Era. Control truly crashed onto the seen.....it didn't build up momentum it just snatched wigs left and right no matter that Whitney and Anita were better singers than Janet. It was like Janet had been Queen already....that's how quickly people wanted to give her the title. And R.N had not even come out. Just a crazy time for her during that period....I couldn't even imagine how do handle that.

Just remember when Janet beat out Whitney and Anita at the 86 awards.....could have been 87. There was no stopping her after that especially after her performances on the AMAs and the Grammys during the Control Era. Control truly crashed onto the seen.....it didn't build up momentum it just snatched wigs left and right no matter that Whitney and Anita were better singers than Janet. It was like Janet had been Queen already....that's how quickly people wanted to give her the title. And R.N had not even come out. Just a crazy time for her during that period....I couldn't even imagine how do handle that.

I wish I was old enough to be really remember the "Control" era. I was like 4 or 5, and "Control" was the first album I ever owned (begged my parents for it, lol), but I don't really remember how "big" the "Control" era was...I just remember how much I LOVED Janet then. :blush: