The Official Legendtina Aguilera Thread

Mr. Wonder

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/cover-story-excerpt-the-voice-20120201

At its heart, The Voice is a game show, and the most essential rules that guide its coaches are unspoken: Try not to wince when blind auditions trick you into picking an unsightly singer; always declare it "heartbreaking" to choose the winner of a vocal battle, no matter how easy the decision actually is; and most importantly, never, ever interrupt Christina Aguilera when she is speaking.

One late afternoon in a quiet backroom of a Los Angeles photo studio, Aguilera is curled up, barefoot, on a white couch next to fellow coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton. She's sipping an iced coffee and holding forth on the greatness of the team of singers she's assembled for The Voice's second season, which begins February 5th in a prime post-Super Bowl slot: "In one of my battles," she says, "this girl and guy are doing Nirvana's 'Heart-Shaped Box,' and I'm not sure if people would even expect that from me..."

At that, Cee Lo Green – who's been splayed diagonally in a leather chair off to the side, in deep communion with the ceiling – snaps to attention and begins singing Kurt Cobain's melody in his high voice: "Hey, wait/I've got a new complaint..."

Aguilera flares up like a sexy puffer fish, swiveling her bleach-blond head in his direction, red lips pursed, blue eyes blazing with imperial annoyance. "Yes, Cee Lo," she says, as if she's talking to her four-year-old son. "This is my floor here!" He stops singing, and Aguilera laughs, already over it: "You wake him up and now he's interrupting everybody's ****!"

The unlikely stars of The Voice – last season's highest-rated NBC entertainment show – have a surprisingly warm off-camera rapport for four people who have no real business being in a room together. "Just look at the four of us," says Levine. "It's just so wrong and so amazing."

As widespread gossip would have it, the other three supposedly resent Aguilera for various alleged sins, including tardiness, imperiousness and earning more money than them – but there's not much evidence of that today. "'Supposedly' is the key word," Aguilera says, with a big laugh. Levine and Shelton just attended Aguilera's 31st birthday party at a Hollywood bowling alley; Cee Lo skipped it only because he was out of town.

They spend a lot of time teasing one another. Oklahoma native Shelton – a singer with 10 Number One country hits to his name but little recognition outside his genre before The Voice debuted last April – is a frequent target of hick jokes. Shelton, 35, has been on an Eighties kick lately, so he plays Young MC's "Bust a Move" on his iPhone's tinny speakers. Says Levine, "Blake thinks this song came out two weeks ago." But they're also jealous of his cowboy cool: "Blake can say anything or do anything," Levine adds. "If I was like, 'I'm drunk at 4:00!' I'd be attacked. He's like, 'It's cool, **** you, I just shot a ****ing moose, kiss my ass!' He can say whatever he wants."

Cee Lo, 37, is the designated oddball, the ruler and sole inhabitant of what Shelton calls "Cee Lo Land." At the moment, he's wearing a black tank top and long black shorts, plus sandals over white socks. "He can wear white socks with sandals and still have it be ****ing cool," says Levine. "If I did that, Blake would make fun of me."

If Aguilera occasionally has to go full diva, on-camera or off-, she sees it as the only way to hold her own. "You have to be a pretty strong girl to stay up in the mix with the guys," she says. "It's a lot. It's a crazy locker-room kind of situation."

Levine, his tattooed, yoga-toned arms exposed by a sleeveless shirt, turns to Aguilera. "I honestly just recently started realizing that you're surrounded by three dudes all the time, and that has to be something of a pain in the ass," he says. But they've made some concessions: "We stopped farting in front of her!"

Aguilera rolls her eyes: "You had a nasty burp at the Super Bowl commercial, though."

Christina Aguilera Is Latina's March 2012 Cover Girl!

christina_aguilera_latina_music_0202_art.jpg

Music superstar Christina Aguilera graces the cover of Latina magazine's March 2012 issue, which hits newsstands on Tuesday, February 14. The 31-year-old Ecuadorean singer opens up to Latina about marrying young, her estranged relationship with her father and being a proud Latina woman.

On getting married and divorced at a young age: “Was I too young? Not at all. I did the exact right thing at the time….I definitely wasn’t too young. I have always been older than my age.”

On growing older: “I was on the set of a film and the choreographer was 19 and I looked around at all the dancers and I was like, 'Whoa! I’m the oldest person in this room. When did that happen?'”

On reconnecting with her father: “I’ve talked about how rough things were for me and I’m sure he’s heard it. He can’t be thrilled about it. So maybe one day we can do lunch…I’m 31 years old now. Maybe it’s time.”

On resting up from the intensity of shooting The Voice: “When I’m shooting The Voice, it’s intense. On a day like today, my ex has my son and we are not shooting, so I slept and I just slept. I love doing everything in my bed. Eating, sleeping…It’s my domain and my throne…I do it all in my bed.”

On how she handles gossip and brutal reviews: “I don’t read them. Ever…Why read what people are saying—good or bad?”

On criticisms of not being Latina enough: “I’ve dealt with that my whole life. I don’t speak the language fluently. And I’m split right down the middle, half Irish and half Ecuadorean. I should not have to prove my ethnicity to anyone. I know who I am.”

On planning another Spanish-language album: “All I know is no one can tell me I’m not a proud Latina woman…I dove headfirst into a Spanish-language album for that reason and I’m planning another one even though I don’t speak the language. I’m sure that doesn’t sit well with some people.”

http://www.latina.com/entertainment/buzz/christina-aguilera-latinas-march-2012-cover-girl

• 1 month later...

Billboard: Christina Aguilera Returns to Latin Roots on Soundtrack Song

Will Ferrell is helping Christina Aguilera get back to her roots. "The Voice" judge has returned to Spanish-language singing with "Casa de Mi Padre," the lead track on the soundtrack to the comedian's telenovela-influenced comedy of the same name.

The new song finds Aguilera making a welcome return to Latin music. No synthesizers or AutoTune here -- instead, the production has dramatic Spanish guitars, blaring trumpets, and a gospel backing all with a flamenco twist. Aguilera's vocals are in the forefont, doing what she does best: belting and sustaining the notes most can only dream of nailing.

In a treat for Latin fans, "Casa" marks a return to the half-Ecuadorian Aguilera's early days. Aguilera most notably released a Spanish version her debut album titled "Mi Reflejo," in 2000. The album featured Spanish version of her No. 1 singles "Genie In A Bottle," "What A Girl Wants," "Come On Over, Baby (All I Want Is You)" as well as original tracks. She went on to win Best Female Pop Vocal Album at the 2001 Latin Grammy Awards.

Aguilera had only dipped into the genre since with a Spanish version of "Stripped" track "Get Mine, Get Yours" titled "Dame Lo Que Yo Te Doy"in 2002 and a contribution to the 2004 "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights" soundtrack with "El Beso Del Final." The closest thing fans have heard since is the Spanglish banger "Desnudate," featured on 2010's "Bionic."

The "Casa de Mi Padre" soundtrack was digitally released on Tuesday, with the film due in theaters on Friday, March 17. The song opens the film.

http://www.billboard.com/news/christina-aguilera-returns-to-latin-roots-1006392352.story#/news/christina-aguilera-returns-to-latin-roots-1006392352.story

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just played Bionic again and MY GOD, the ballads on that album are just sublime. That break in the middle of the album ('Lift Me Up', 'All I Need', 'I Am' and 'You Lost Me') is everything. They are the reason it's still my fav album from her. :wub:

...most people that trash that album haven't even heard it :lol:

Bionic was ballsy considering the negative publicity....there's a reason Billboard proclaimed it (as well as the ArchAndroid by Janelle Monae) the best pop album of 2010.

I just played Bionic again and MY GOD, the ballads on that album are just sublime. That break in the middle of the album ('Lift Me Up', 'All I Need', 'I Am' and 'You Lost Me') is everything. They are the reason it's still my fav album from her. :wub:

In my opinion, the ballads on this album are the best ballads she's ever recorded. throw in "Bound to You" from Burlesque too.

In my opinion, the ballads on this album are the best ballads she's ever recorded. throw in "Bound to You" from Burlesque too.

"You Lost Me" has become my favorite song from her ever. Sia and her created magic with that song. I don't know what it is about it, but the way she SANGS that song sends chills down my spine everytime I play it. She is the voice of our generation. It was written. Christ-ina. :unsure::shifty:

"You Lost Me" has become my favorite song from her ever. Sia and her created magic with that song. I don't know what it is about it, but the way she SANGS that song sends chills down my spine everytime I play it. She is the voice of our generation. It was written. Christ-ina. :unsure::shifty:

Hell yeah! I'm torn between that one and "Hurt" which are both my top 2 faves from her. She pulls out all the vocals from the highs to the lows and the in betweens. Her voice is pure magic