The Official Legendtina Aguilera Thread

Mr. Wonder

I don't see it in the cards for Beyonce in that aspect. Her ballads are downright laughable to me because she is incapable of emoting. But emoting in general isn't a skill, either you can do it or you can't.

a2vn5sjpg.gif

She somewhat did it on "Love On Top" though.. ^_^ But that's not a ballad.. :umm:

Did Godtina say that she was working with Sia? :unsure:

a2vn5sjpg.gif

She somewhat did it on "Love On Top" though.. ^_^ But that's not a ballad.. :umm:

Did Godtina say that she was working with Sia? :unsure:

Yeah, 4 does have some good points of believable emotion, but I think it's her tone and/or her reluctancy to show some artistic vulnerability.

I think that's why Xtina can emote so well, because her music comes from a personal space. Same with Janet. Their music is relatable, and you can relate to them not only as an artist, but as a person as well.

Yeah, 4 does have some good points of believable emotion, but I think it's her tone and/or her reluctancy to show some artistic vulnerability.

I think that's why Xtina can emote so well, because her music comes from a personal space. Same with Janet. Their music is relatable, and you can relate to them not only as an artist, but as a person as well.

I was talking to someone about how boring she says her life is and maybe why we can't relate to some of her music. I believe if there was something tragic(not saying I want something to happen) or an obstacle to overcome, then MAYBE she can bring it. :unsure:

Like you said, it's not gonna change..she's married and with child..she seems happy..

Making the music personal and relatable are factors for some kind of emotional connection to the music..I know that's why I love Janet..and why I grew to love Christina.. :wub:

I was talking to someone about how boring she says her life is and maybe why we can't relate to some of her music. I believe if there was something tragic(not saying I want something to happen) or an obstacle to overcome, then MAYBE she can bring it. :unsure:

Like you said, it's not gonna change..she's married and with child..she seems happy..

Making the music personal and relatable are factors for some kind of emotional connection to the music..I know that's why I love Janet..and why I grew to love Christina.. :wub:

I'm sure she's had more of a life than she has let on. She had a voice during the DC days - Survivor, Girl, Independent Women, etc - but it seems ever since she went solo, it's like she's lost touch with herself and became "a superstar". She never really has anything to say with her albums, a la Janet, Madonna, but she still makes good music.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure she's had more of a life than she has let on. She had a voice during the DC days - Survivor, Girl, Independent Women, etc - but it seems ever since she went solo, it's like she's lost touch with herself and became "a superstar". She never really has anything to say with her albums, a la Janet, Madonna, but she still makes good music.

She was the voice of DC.. :rolleyes::asham:

Well she didn't have anything to say because of her dull personality. I would appreciate her more if she spoke about dumping her dad or how she felt when she lost her first child..something that people can relate too..Maybe she'll do it on this album.. :unsure:

She does make good music but it doesn't say much if people can't relate to it.. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

She was the voice of DC.. :rolleyes::asham:

Well she didn't have anything to say because of her dull personality. I would appreciate her more if she spoke about dumping her dad or how she felt when she lost her first child..something that people can relate too..Maybe she'll do it on this album.. :unsure:

She does make good music but it doesn't say much if people can't relate to it.. :coffee:

Well you know what I mean. :lmao: Back then she actually had something to say. Nowadays she's as boring as a blank chalkboard. She has some life experiences that she can draw from, but I don't see it happening. She's played it safe 95% of the way thru her career, so I don't really see it in the cards for her. I always try to keep expectations high, but I realize that it's not going to happen, so I just take her for face value.

Well you know what I mean. :lmao: Back then she actually had something to say. Nowadays she's as boring as a blank chalkboard. She has some life experiences that she can draw from, but I don't see it happening. She's played it safe 95% of the way thru her career, so I don't really see it in the cards for her. I always try to keep expectations high, but I realize that it's not going to happen, so I just take her for face value.

Why does she continue to play it safe? Her stans think it's cute, but in reality they can't see that really hasn't taken that many risks..aside from 4, although boring at times, it didn't fit the dance oriented climate at the time..

Anyway, it will be nice to see what happens with this new album..As long as she has a "Freekum Dress" record for me to shake my cakes too..I'll be good.. :shifty:

Janet, Christina, and all these girls coming back. I'm so ready. :tear:

Why does she continue to play it safe? Her stans think it's cute, but in reality they can't see that really hasn't taken that many risks..aside from 4, although boring at times, it didn't fit the dance oriented climate at the time..

Anyway, it will be nice to see what happens with this new album..As long as she has a "Freekum Dress" record for me to shake my cakes too..I'll be good.. :shifty:

Janet, Christina, and all these girls coming back. I'm so ready. :tear:

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Though there are some exceptions to the rule, Beyonce really hasn't done anything shocking. Her playing it safe is the reason why I don't think critics really take her albums seriously. Like, DIL and IASF both won 5 Grammys, yet neither made Rolling Stone's decade's end album list. She could be bigger than she is if her music wasn't so esoteric.

I was here for Godtina in June, July, and early August. But when the good disciple Switchy gave us the tea about Janet, everything got put on the back burner. I was even gonna listen to MooMoo's new song, but I heard I wasn't missing much. :unsure: But I am still ready for Godtina since she'll be coming out first. I'm hoping Janet is out by at least October, IDK how long I can wait.

Supposed "Your Body" lyrics:

I came here tonight to get you out of my mind,

I'm gonna take what I find. (uh oh, yeah)

So open the box, don't need no key I'm unlocked.

And I won't tell you to stop. (uh oh, yeah)

(Hey boy)

I don't need to know where you've been,

All I need to know is you and no need for talking.(hey boy)

So don't even tell me your name,

All I need to Know is whose place,

And let's get walkin'.

All I wanna do is **** your body.

Oooooh ooooh oooooh oooooooh.

Tonight's your lucky night, I know you want it.

It's true what you heard, I am a freak, I'm disturbed.

So come on and give me your worst. (uh oh, yeah)

We're moving faster than slow,

If you don't know where to go,

I'll finish all from my own. (uh oh, yeah)

(Hey boy)

I don't need to know where you've been,

All I need to know is you and no need for talking.(hey boy)

So don't even tell me your name,

All I need to Know is whose place,

And let's get walkin'.

Say say hey

I think you already know my naaame.

I think you already know my naaaaaaaaaaaame.

Heeeyyyyyy heyyy

Ha!

Alright,

Say

I think you already know my naaaaaaaaaaaame.

Saaaay

Say, say, heeeeeeey