Too much?

Xtraordinary Xternal

Do you know a friend in your real life who uses gay terms too much? They can't speak without using some type of gay lingo?

I had this issue lastnight with a friend he kept going on and on "bitch" this gorl that with some shit I never heard before... my other friends don't like him because they say he too over the top. Its almost like he talks in another language I had to tell him to chill the fuck out with the terms :mellow:

Ok I have a question about this... do gays have a problem with terms used by straight people in reference to them (obviously the F word is off the table)? I'm never sure if I'd be offensive to say queens or homos or something like that. The assumption is that homo is ok because it's short for homosexual which is the correct term, but idk...

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1315393696' post='230850]

Ok I have a question about this... do gays have a problem with terms used by straight people in reference to them (obviously the F word is off the table)? I'm never sure if I'd be offensive to say queens or homos or something like that. The assumption is that homo is ok because it's short for homosexual which is the correct term, but idk...

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1315393696' post='230850]

I only speak like that with other gays, and close girlfriends, because to be honest, no one else would understand the lingo anyway. Other than that, I don't really speak that way. I don't speak that way to family or co-workers.

No... Unless they're über-sensitive or it comes from a stranger...

How about queer? And where did that even come from anyway? :unsure:

It's a moot point anyway since I don't like the term 'queer' but I'm still interested to know.

Archived