janetDAYZ

23 members have voted

1. 1. Whose TOURS were better overall?

• Madonna
    • Michael Jackson

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not here for relying on stage props and half assed stiff assed "dancing" im here for the one tht could put on a show by themselves in someone's basement if they had to

That's really a moot point. Michael Jackson did largescale productions as well, it's the entire point of their stageshows. He relied on visuals and props, let's not act as if he was there with a spotlight dancing for 2 hours alone on a bare stage.

I don't know enough about Michael's tours to comment fully, but I feel that it comes down to being a fan. Tours are for fans, and it could be the most elaborately put together show with the tightest choreography etc, but if you don't like the performer or the music it means nothing.

Can she be on a stage by herself and keep a crowd enthralled with everything she does?[/size]

Because Madonna can't sing live... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Her stans brag about her singing live when it REALLY isn't anything to brag about. She sounds atrocious when she is singing live, and also she does use pre-records and back tracking to mask ALOT of her "live" singing. Prior to HIStory Michael was singing at least 60% live with the Dangerous tour, and 100% live with the "Bad" tour. Giving you GOOD vocals, along dancing, and the "eye candy" that you crave so much, etc. You can't give me anything from Madonna that tops that.

It seems to me you are looking more so for "eye candy" than anything else, and if that's what you want Madonna will give you that, because she's dependent upon that to HAVE a good show.

Let's be real. Mike's crowd was NOT losing it to everything he did.

See Dangerous tour.

See Histroy tour.

He had alot of dry spots in both to where the crowd was at ease and not falling all over the place. You make it sound like his crowd stays screaming thruout the entire show and thats NOT THE CASE. Thats what WE want to believe because its MICHAEL FUCKING JACKSON but the footage doesn't lie.

You bringing up Madonna's singing or lack thereof is irrelevant. Whther you think she has vocals or not isn't significant to this argument. She "sings" LIVE more than Mike,period. You even goin there furthermore hurts Mike more than help your argument supporting him. So Madonna WINS that one,easily.

Im not exactly "looking" for anything. :lol: Im speaking off of pure observation. When I was a kid,the Dangerous Tour looked incredible,now as a 28yo man viewing it,I wasn't that impressed and it left me wanting more because it was MICHAEL JACKSON but at the end its all subjective I suppose. Thats just my opinion about his shows. Mike finally got it RIGHT with THIS IS IT. There's a reason why he decided to go ALL OUT this time around,dont you think? Obviously he was missing "something" and wanted MORE because Dangerous and History are so identical. He knew there was another level that he had yet to venture off to.

That's really a moot point. Michael Jackson did largescale productions as well, it's the entire point of their stageshows. He relied on visuals and props, let's not act as if he was there with a spotlight dancing for 2 hours alone on a bare stage.

I don't know enough about Michael's tours to comment fully, but I feel that it comes down to being a fan. Tours are for fans, and it could be the most elaborately put together show with the tightest choreography etc, but if you don't like the performer or the music it means nothing.

im not saying he didnt have large scale, and actually compared to madonnas he never really had crazy props it was mostly the pyros, thats why if u look at the prices of his and madonna's concerts she always charged a lot more to fund the cost of all that shit she had on stage, and if michael had to he could entertain you for two hours with just a spotlight, visually looking at both their tours i would pick madonna's but i would never be able to sit through a two hour show of her and i actually like some of her songs and albums

See Dangerous tour.

See Histroy tour.

He had alot of dry spots in both to where the crowd was at ease and not falling all over the place. You make it sound like his crowd stays screaming thruout the entire show and thats NOT THE CASE. Thats what WE want to believe because its MICHAEL FUCKING JACKSON but the footage doesn't lie.

You bringing up Madonna's singing or lack thereof is irrelevant. Whther you think she has vocals or not isn't significant to this argument. She "sings" LIVE more than Mike,period. You even goin there furthermore hurts Mike more than help your argument supporting him. So Madonna WINS that one,easily.

Im not exactly "looking" for anything. :lol: Im speaking off of pure observation. When I was a kid,the Dangerous Tour looked incredible,now as a 28yo man viewing it,I wasn't that impressed and it left me wanting more because it was MICHAEL JACKSON but at the end its all subjective I suppose. Thats just my opinion about his shows. Mike finally got it RIGHT with THIS IS IT. There's a reason why he decided to go ALL OUT this time around,dont you think? Obviously he was missing "something" and wanted MORE because Dangerous and History are so identical. He knew there was another level that he had yet to venture off to.

yeah he did! thats why it sucks to know that visually this was obv gonna be the best show that anyone has ever seen and now no one will ever see it! :tear:

im not saying he didnt have large scale, and actually compared to madonnas he never really had crazy props it was mostly the pyros, thats why if u look at the prices of his and madonna's concerts she always charged a lot more to fund the cost of all that shit she had on stage, and if michael had to he could entertain you for two hours with just a spotlight, visually looking at both their tours i would pick madonna's but i would never be able to sit through a two hour show of her and i actually like some of her songs and albums

Madonna's "props" only work because she's at the center of them. They're not there to cover up the fact that she "can't sing live" (which she can) or that she "can't dance" (which she can). Her tours are put together to tell a story and to take the audience on a journey. Same can be said for ANY TOUR but hers actually do that. She reworks most of her songs so that the tour on the whole is cohesive, it becomes something else, not just a greatest hits rundown, that's not what she's there to do.

Madonna's "props" only work because she's at the center of them. They're not there to cover up the fact that she "can't sing live" (which she can) or that she "can't dance" (which she can). Her tours are put together to tell a story and to take the audience on a journey. Same can be said for ANY TOUR but hers actually do that. She reworks most of her songs so that the tour on the whole is cohesive, it becomes something else, not just a greatest hits rundown, that's not what she's there to do.

mmmm i guess u got a point <_<

p.s. why don't i have you on fb, i think i have almost everyone up here but you

I fail to understand what the obsession is with Madonna as a touring artists. Why are people still going to see her?

I've seen footage of her 00s tours and each one consists of tv tricks etc to make it probably more exciting than it really is.

I can't imagine what would make her tours so great to get the grossings they do, and how watching her could possibly be more entertaining than Janet

I notice with Madonna, she always remixes her songs on tour. Why would you want to pay to see boring crappy remixs of songs that are apparently supposed to be her big hits?

See Dangerous tour.

See Histroy tour.

I'm not talking about people losing it and falling all over the place. He had that yes, I'm talking about him being on stage by himself and keeping the crowd enthralled by his performance. With no need for props, etc....he could give you eye candy, he could you a big production, but at the same time he could scale it all down and still have the crowd in the palm of his hand. Madonna does not posses that....at all.

No, it's not irrelevant because the bitch can't sing! :lol: Up until HIStory Mike sung live and more so than ALL of his contemporaries, with the exception of maybe Prince. He began lipsyncing because of issues with his voice and not wanting to damage it.

It looked incredible because it was incredible. lol A show from 1992/93 is not going to be comparable production-wise to a show in the 2000's. Which is essentially what you're doing. Of course things were going to be more elaborate and "bigger" with "This Is It" because it was 16/17 years later! lol The point remains you can strip all of the spectacle from a Michael Jackson show and still have an amazing performance by one of the greatest entertainers of our time. The same cannot be said for Madonna if you were to strip all of the spectacle from her show.

...and yes you are looking for "eye candy" more so than anything else. lol

Madonna's "props" only work because she's at the center of them. They're not there to cover up the fact that she "can't sing live" (which she can) or that she "can't dance" (which she can).

whatchutalkinb128632024176963085.jpg

Archived