Raise your hand if you're sick of movies based on comic book characters

Selz

I can't be the only one tired of this mess.... it's like, is this the best Hollywood can do now?? I was watching a movie awards a while back and they had a section on forthcoming movies.... I swear 95% of that shit was to do with comic books :sigh:

Where's the Oscar-worthy Hurt Locker-type stuff?

Don't get me wrong, I loved Spiderman... for a fashion... but most of them are kinda eh. I have nothing against fantasy movies though, I loved the HP and LOTR films. I grew up on LOTR and The Hobbit.

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1319133287' post='261101]

I can't be the only one tired of this mess.... it's like, is this the best Hollywood can do now?? I was watching a movie awards a while back and they had a section on forthcoming movies.... I swear 95% of that shit was to do with comic books :sigh:

Where's the Oscar-worthy Hurt Locker-type stuff?

Only if they're not good, it's too many sure, but some should never be made anyway, I wonder do Hollywood exes study anything about their audiences because they spend millions to make a flop? It's like did you ask anybody before you did this shit?

Which movie are u referring to? :umm: Catwoman?

boo boo it's too many to name ergo the reason this thread exists. I mean that Wonder Woman pilot they were trying, that shit never made it past "look at her costume though" :unsure: that shit Ryan Reyolds did, he needs to stick to romantic comedies. I mean it's just way too many, the last Spiderman was a mess, I read a review about it because they are talking about the reboot with the new guy, and they said the same shit I thought, too many plot lines, too much going on. The new Spiderman won't even have a Mary Jane, but Game boo, let me tell you the new guy in that costume the pic I saw his ass was on point :excited:

andrewgarfieldasspidermanforentertainmentweekly.jpg

boo boo it's too many to name ergo the reason this thread exists. I mean that Wonder Woman pilot they were trying, that shit never made it past "look at her costume though" :unsure: that shit Ryan Reyolds did, he needs to stick to romantic comedies. I mean it's just way too many, the last Spiderman was a mess, I read a review about it because they are talking about the reboot with the new guy, and they said the same shit I thought, too many plot lines, too much going on. The new Spiderman won't even have a Mary Jane, but Game boo, let me tell you the new guy in that costume the pic I saw his ass was on point :excited:

This thread was made by a British woman.

American Men don't like female superheroes.

Green Lantern... $219 million? How is that a flop :blink:

That's ur opinion but Spiderman didn't flop...

I don't think u know what ur talking about :umm:

This thread was made by a British woman.

American Men don't like female superheroes.

Green Lantern... $219 million? How is that a flop :blink:

That's ur opinion but Spiderman didn't flop...

I don't think u know what ur talking about :umm:

Green Lantern Movie barely profited.

A lot of these big budget superhero movies manage to have generally high gross numbers, but you have to look at the budget to try to measure it's success.

For example, Batman and Robin manages to have high grossing numbers, but it was critically panned, saw a lower return than some it its predecessors, and killed any prospects of another Batman movie in the near futures.

I think a Wonder Woman film would've done ok, but the way that TV show was handled, probably threw any potential out of the window in near future. If this trend continues within the next 10-15 years, a Wonder Woman movie might be reconsidered.

Green Lantern Movie barely profited.

A lot of these big budget superhero movies manage to have generally high gross numbers, but you have to look at the budget to try to measure it's success.

For example, Batman and Robin manages to have high grossing numbers, but it was critically panned, saw a lower return than some it its predecessors, and killed any prospects of another Batman movie in the near futures.

Not making its budget is a flop.. A long as its over in box office.. It's all good...

Archived