That Grape Juice [Blog] Janet Jackson Interview

Hi, Janet! Everyone’s wondering, as far as music goes can we expect anything new anytime soon?

Yeah! It’s in the beginning stages. I’ve been putting it together. I’ve been working on that and directing. And also I just did a deal with Lionsgate, so I’ve been producing, putting all that together.

What kind of movies are you looking to make in the future as a producer or as an actress?

Ones that have a lot of energy. I love action films, I love Sci-Fi. I love all that stuff.

I didn’t expect you to say sci-fi!

Right, I’m not a geek! I was a huge fan of the Marvel Comics. I used to collect the flash cards when I was younger, let’s put it like that.

Who’s your favorite superhero?

Oh my gosh, I’ve had a few. I love Knight, ugh, I can’t think now! I love Storm from “X-Men”. There are a few.

Who are you wearing tonight? Your jacket is fantastic.

McQueen.

You’ve lost a lot of weight with the help of NutriSystem, but everyone wants to know, what is your favorite healthy food to indulge on and favorite cheat food?

Let me start by saying that NutriSystem really has everything, they really do. The one thing they don’t have that I absolutely love is caramel apples. So I’ll go to Dylan’s Candy Bar and get caramel apples there.

What are your plans for summer?

Well, I’ll be working! Basically what I’m doing now; starting the process of getting the songs, of getting everything together for the album.

Do you have a deadline for when you want to have it completed?

No (big smile), I don’t. Yea, and I’m glad I don’t, no pressure.

What is your process for recording an album? Where does it all start?

It really starts with my life, and where I am in my life at that moment. And that’s the beginning of the energy, the beginning of the process. I need to make sure I start feeling that thing when I sit and write. That’s where true love begins.

Are there any producers you’ve worked with in the past that you plan on bringing back for your next album?

(Big smile)You mean like Jimmy J (Jimmy Jam)?

Anyone! Whoever you want to talk about.

We talked about it a little bit. We’ll just have to wait and see, I don’t know. But we’re still very good friends. We stay in touch all the time. Always texting each other telling each other how much we really love one another. And um, that’s really it!

Are there any artists today who you are really wowed by?

I think Adele’s done an incredible job- a wonderful job. And you know who I love to watch? Bruno Mars. I think he’s absolutely wonderful. He’s very talented and I love how he’s kind of low-key about it. It’s nice.

What’s something about Janet Jackson that we don’t already know?

(Big smile) There’s a lot but I just don’t want to tell you! That’s the thing. If you read True You you’ll find out things about me that you didn’t know. And it’s the truth, you will. But um, no, I don’t think I wanna tell you about that stuff! I’ll save it for the autobiography…

What do you want your legacy to be?

Someone who really wanted to try and make the world smile through their music, and have a good time.

why would anybody be surprised to learn that Janet likes Sci-fi? she is a woman with an incredible imagination and she is not of this earth. Its a no brainer that she would gravitate towards that genre when creating films.

As far as her collaborating with Jimmy/Terry...i was never really excited about that anyway.

why would anybody be surprised to learn that Janet likes Sci-fi? she is a woman with an incredible imagination and she is not of this earth. Its a no brainer that she would gravitate towards that genre when creating films.

As far as her collaborating with Jimmy/Terry...i was never really excited about that anyway.

Yeah and we all know she was originally gonna play Storm

VERY insightful interview, this is the 1 that I'd say would indicate that theres a chance of new music before 2013, not the other 2. I like that they really elaborated on the music question more.

I dont get how The Grape Juice can do good interviews but be a breeding ground for psycho Britney, Bey, Gaga & Madge stans.

VERY insightful interview, this is the 1 that I'd say would indicate that theres a chance of new music before 2013, not the other 2. I like that they really elaborated on the music question more.

I dont get how The Grape Juice can do good interviews but be a breeding ground for psycho Britney, Bey, Gaga & Madge stans.

Cause the creators of the site used to be on this forum :lmao:

• Upvote 1

Janhova knows she ain't doing no album anytime soon. The "We're at the beginning stages" is probably just a message from Gil saying "do an album so I can do some work" :rolleyes:. That smile in the 'deadline' question is probably a coy "you bitches ain't getting nothing til 2013" smile <_<.

Janhova knows she ain't doing no album anytime soon. The "We're at the beginning stages" is probably just a message from Gil saying "do an album so I can do some work" :rolleyes:. That smile in the 'deadline' question is probably a coy "you bitches ain't getting nothing til 2013" smile <_<.

well Gil's enjoying his time other job as choreographer for Nicki Minaj's tour since he's been laid off from Janet

Good interview. She seems really engaged lately, like she's genuinely happy during interviews. There are times where I really don't sense that from her, but I'm loving it.

Right. Her voice in that red carpet interview with Audrey was very engaging. Not that typical voice she uses.

no complaints from over here. :whistle:

FINALLY SHE TALKS ABOUT DOING MUSIC AGAIN!!! I guess my ass is gonna have to fucking wait AGAIN!!!! But I'm happy to get at least something because this has been fucking killing me...Now I can go praise her in that pic with that Wassabi guy...I was getting ready to lay them the fuck out.