Happy Birthday, Janet!

For You, Birthday Girl! :wub:

332077t.jpg

A Joyous and Blissful Birthday to the woman above all women-who for 46 years has made herself steps above being unmatched. She is divine, magnificent, and glorious. A Queen and Goddess, undeniably and in every way.

Another thread seems a bit useless, so can we just post all the bday love - articles, tweets, videos, etc - from around the world in here? :unsure:

Happy Birthday, Janet Jackson! Watch Her Through The Years From Little Janet to Ms. Jackson

janetmain.jpg

As the little sister of a pop icon, of course Janet Jackson had it in her genes to be a star. She began her career at the tender age of 10 appearing on her family’s variety show, The Jacksons. Then broke away from the Jackson clan when she appeared on the television series Good Times. But it soon became apparent that acting wasn’t the only talent Janet possessed, and she signed a record deal in 1982. Janet exploded as a true pop star when her third album Control reached the top of the charts with such hits as “What Have You Done For Me Lately” and “Nasty,” while her hot ensembles and killer body made her a sex symbol. Twenty-five years later, Janet still busts a move on her tours and is one of the leading black actresses in Hollywood in films like Why Did I Get Married Too? and For Colored Girls. Today Janet turns 46 years old, inspiring us to take a stroll down memory lane to just where Janet’s success began. Here are 46 pics of her from little Janet to Ms. Jackson through the years.

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/2012-05-16/happy-birthday-janet-jackson-watch-her-through-the-years-from-little-janet-to-ms-jackson/

• Upvote 1

Happy 46th Birthday, Janet Jackson!

May 16, 2012 @ 10:15 am

Janet Jackson turns 46 today! During the 30-plus years of her showbiz career, Jackson has proved herself a master of reinvention, from her early days as a fresh-faced kid on Good Times and Diff’rent Strokes to her long, sleek Rhythm Nation 1814 look to her red curls for The Velvet Rope. Today, she celebrates her big day across the globe. “Thanks for the birthday wishes,” she Tweeted. “I’m looking forward to spending it in Paris. It’s such a special city for me.” Click through the gallery to see her Hollywood transformation now.

http://news.instyle.com/2012/05/16/janet-jackson-birthday/

• Upvote 1

Janet Jackson's Style Evolution: From Modest Dresser To Inventor Of The Wardrobe Malfunction (PHOTOS)

Way before I had dreams of becoming a sports reporter, music writer or beauty editor, I'd hoped to be one of Janet Jackson's backup dancers. I was completely mesmerized by her dance moves, big, wavy hair and fresh-faced beauty. And like many of the female singers and girl groups of the late '80s and early '90s, Janet exuded femininity and sensuality even in all-black, mostly covered up ensembles. It's amazing now, in the age of Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj, to think of how successful a pop star could be back then without revealing too much skin.

Janet not only paved her own road into the entertainment industry with roles on TV shows like "Good Times" and "Diff'rent Strokes," her musical marriage with producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis on hit albums "Control" and "Rhythm Nation 1814" proved that the youngest Jackson had her own voice and style--inspiring thousands of little girls, like myself, to copy her black baseball cap, military jacket, combat boots, dangling key earring and red pout uniform.

And as Janet grew out of her big brother Michael's shadow, she began to show off a sexier side with cleavage and belly-baring tops, funky hairstyles and risqué piercings and tattoos. I don't think anyone will ever forget the incident that coined the term "wardrobe malfunction": Her 2004 Superbowl half-time performance with Justin Timberlake.

As Janet celebrates her 46th birthday on May 16th, we're taking a look back at the music icon's style over the years. Vote on all her looks in the slideshow below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/15/janet-jackson-pictures_n_1521252.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

And one from Ebony Magazine

http://www.ebony.com/video/black-history/random-retro-janet-jackson-rhythm-nation

• Upvote 1

Happy 46th Birthday, Janet Jackson

Janet Jackson is blowing out 46 candles today, and with a life as fabulous as hers, this Jackson has a lot to celebrate.

Through the years, Jackson's music has been the soundtrack to our lives. And it seems like we've celebrated every musical and non-musical milestone with her from starring as Penny on Good Times, to asserting her womanhood on "Control" and perfecting her acting chops in movies like Why Did I Get Married? and For Colored Girls.

Along the way, she not only influenced our music, but our hairstyles and fashion (who can forget wanting a key in their earring just like Janet?).

Today, as this diva turns 46, we take a moment to thank her for the love and grace she has shown us as her fans.

We love you, Janet! Happy Birthday!

http://www.essence.com/2011/05/16/happy-46th-birthday-janet-jackson/

• Upvote 1