Chris Brown

Illi

Will he ever reach his potential?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. If Chris Brown gets his act together long enough, will be be able to be the star he can be

• Yes
    • No

Apparently you need to do research as well. Joe STAYS mentioning and throwing shade at Chris in EVERY Usher thread. Just giving him a taste of his own med. Thank you.And frankly the part I quoted Joe on...can apply to Usher as well. Its an opinion..its mine..he shared his.

I know he does. I just think we've been beating that horse for a few weeks now. I just want to focus on Chris's capabilities (or lack thereof) in this thread.

bad example seeing as though both Chris& Bobby had one great album, then a good one, then, after that, it's "who cares"

yea but it cant really be compared I mean Don't Be Cruel album/era>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chris's entire discography, performances, and life. And literally in every way, commercially, chart wise, and impact wise, Chris quite simply could NEVER. And vocally they're both limited and amateur rappers, but Dont be Cruel literally changed things with R&B & New Jack Swing. And Bobby was just 18 & 19 during that whole era.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion --- Chris is not going to change. He seems to be completely comfortable where he is currently. His fans still support him and he's still finding success with radio and single sales. The majority of his actions face no consequences.

I hope for his sake that he at least makes better decisions, he's still very young and talented, has way too many great opportunities and shouldn't be wasting them. For some reason, I see him in the future looking back on his younger years with a lot of regret and probably becoming a born-again devout religious person.

I don't see why not. Jesus teaches me not to judge and to forgive. he does need to mature, but so do many other young people. what do you expect from a culture that sells and glamourizes this behaviour.

I find his voice ugly but the guy can dance and I like some of his songs. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to have a long career.

Mya, Ciara, Ashanti, Mario, Omarion,Karyn White, Jody Watley, and the list goes on.

When did we switch over to Usher? :unsure::lol:

And Chris DOES write ..he's written on ALL of his projects. :blink: Do some research Joe,damn. :mellow:

Um I did do research cause I have his "Fortune" album at my place right now cause my friend Eddie brought it over so I could COPY "Strip" on it :lol: I looked on the back and in the inside and Chris has NO WRITING CREDITS he's only executive producer

Um I did do research cause I have his "Fortune" album at my place right now cause my friend Eddie brought it over so I could COPY "Strip" on it :lol: I looked on the back and in the inside and Chris has NO WRITING CREDITS he's only executive producer

I'm on Wikipedia and it seems like he has writing credits for most of his work including fortune. He also wrote Rihanna's "Disturbia."

I finally managed to listen to Fortune: :& :& :&

He's really struggles to carry songs wells. He's absolutely soulless when he performs/record them. I feel that other artist could have fair better. The only good songs were Trumpet Lights and 4 Years Old, and even then I thought someone could have done this better.

I'm on Wikipedia and it seems like he has writing credits for most of his work including fortune. He also wrote Rihanna's "Disturbia."

So you got Wikipedia and I got his album with the credits on there. You still gonna believe Wikipedia? :unsure:

• Upvote 1

I think he has reached his potential. I like some of his music and I've seen him live twice. He's a great performer, but a so-so artist. I agree with the calls to fire his PR team but in all fairness he's a PR nightmare. There are lots of troubled young men - he just happens to be a famous one, which I think amplifies everything.

Pros:

- Nobody in the industry can dance like Chris Brown. See Ciara

- He's a decent singer Not really. See the 2012 BET Awards, it was a hot mess

- Nice looking So are most people in the industry

- He's willing to reinvent himself if necessary. Releasing an all rap mixtape is not reinventing yourself

:coffee:

Get real.. he's pulling a Beyonce :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

exactly

so if you have the album with the credits... what does JoeJoe have :blink:

I have that same exact one and come on just cause his name's first doesn't mean he wrote it. Notice it doesn't say shit about "written by" or even "co-written" or "co-wrote" so that's why I say he ain't write shit and trust me the whole album sucks especially that shitty ass song baseline. Almost every single song on the album is about sex as if he's the best at it(R.Kelly wannabe) but "Biggest Fan" sounds cool to me

exactly

I have that same exact one and come on just cause his name's first doesn't mean he wrote it. Notice it doesn't say shit about "written by" or even "co-written" or "co-wrote" so that's why I say he ain't write shit and trust me the whole album sucks especially that shitty ass song baseline. Almost every single song on the album is about sex as if he's the best at it(R.Kelly wannabe) but "Biggest Fan" sounds cool to me

it doesn't have to say it... it's implied :umm:

it is listed in order by who provided the most

doesn't matter if the album is shitty or great... Chris Brown wrote a lot of those songs