Chris Brown

Illi

Will he ever reach his potential?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. If Chris Brown gets his act together long enough, will be be able to be the star he can be

• Yes
    • No

chris-brown-tgj11.jpeg

I'm no a big Chris Brown fan but I can appreciate his talents.

It seems like Chris Brown has at least most the ingredients to make him a megastar in the music industry. When he first came out, people were whispering can be the next Usher or Michael Jackson. Though he was able to live up to the potential to some extent, his image has now been plague by some domestic troubles. After that, his career had its trials. That said, I believe that he may be down, but not out. Here are some things that can help him reach his potential and some that might stop it.

Pros:

- Nobody in the industry can dance like Chris Brown. He is very electrifying to watch.

- He's a decent singer

- Nice looking

- He's will to reinvent himself if necessary.

Cons:

- Maturity problems gets him into a lot of trouble (I think like 80% of it)

- Decent but unmemorable music.

People need to realize that he's only 23, not 32, therefore it's premature to write him in stone. If he can somehow manage to grow up and learn how to handle situations in a mature manner, I think he is poised to have a resurgence. But he hasn't demonstrated that he is headed in the direction. Even if his music gets better, the general public will struggle to get past many of his indiscretion if he doesn't get his act together.

I like to know what do you think.

But Rihanna is 24 and has fast become one of the leading stars in todays pop world. It's not age - its how your shit is handled. Chris Brown has the worst PR team around him. Maturity isn't 80% it's 98%. I rooted for him a lot...but I realised that he just doesn't seem to get it and so I gave up on him. I wish him the best of luck - I hope he does 'grow up' but he really should get a better PR team to handle his image better. The tweet and delete thing is tired now.

• Upvote 1

He'll be done in a few years and be considered a hasbeen... just like Bobby Brown.

I'm glad you mentioned Bobby Brown because I don't think he get the credit he necessarily deserves. When Don't Be Cruel came out, that was very groundbreaking as it introduced the R&B bad boy, when beforehand, R&B artists were seen as sweet and romantic. He defied that. He could have used that as a catalyst for at least a decent run in the industry. However, he couldn't stay out of trouble and those problems ultimately defined him.

I think it's possible if he stops with his craziness (responding to crazy tweets) and just maybe stay out of the limelight for some time. He doesn't need to be caught up in anymore drama.

He's gotten enough already, but maybe he craves for the drama?

I will always support his music, I have since he was 16, but his attitude stinks. I have come at him on Twitter several times but even if he saw it he keeps repeating the same mistakes. He needs to fire his PR team and get a reality check.

Just put out music I enjoy and I'll keep supporting. The music is all I care about.

If he does happen to go the way of Bobby Brown (which I hope he doesn't), then at least I still have the music I love, that he's already put out, just like I do with Bobby Brown.

He's just not talented enough to back up his cockyness and asshole qualities, like Kanye is (tho realistically ofcoursse Chris is beyond worst than Kanye). Like his stupidity and issues easily outshines his mediocre and overrated talents. If he continues down the road he's on he'll be the nobody he should've started being 2yrs ago, and all will be well. :coffee:

He's just not talented enough to back up his cockyness and asshole qualities, like Kanye is (tho realistically ofcoursse Chris is beyond worst than Kanye). Like his stupidity and issues easily outshines his mediocre and overrated talents. If he continues down the road he's on he'll be the nobody he should've started being 2yrs ago, and all will be well. :coffee:

Only thing he can do is dance good as hell but as far as his singing goes he can carry a tune and so can I, He doesn't write his music, looks are over-rated, and he's made no impact and won't make any impact on music anytime soon. He'll forever be remembered most likely for the bad and not the good.

I don't see why not. Jesus teaches me not to judge and to forgive. he does need to mature, but so do many other young people. what do you expect from a culture that sells and glamourizes this behaviour.

I find his voice ugly but the guy can dance and I like some of his songs. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to have a long career.

• Upvote 1

Only thing he can do is dance good as hell but as far as his singing goes he can carry a tune and so can I, He doesn't write his music, looks are over-rated, and he's made no impact and won't make any impact on music anytime soon. He'll forever be remembered most likely for the bad and not the good.

You're right, I will give him that he is a very good dancer and performer, but he lacks originality and versatility. Like yea Pop is more so where his music fits, but his personality and image is straight up hood rat. If he werent such a douche oozing with attitude and arrogant problems and with the right image he would'nt be that much of a issue today.

And it's like for people who say "dont judge the music on the artists personality and issues", thatd be so much easier done if he had innovative, interesting, or even good music to back it up, like R.Kelly, he's my best example of not letting his personal life interfere with the music, Chris Brown, NO. He's just not good enough, compared to Bobby Brown too, Bobby also backed up his arrogance with originality and a style that nobody else did the same in that time.

When did we switch over to Usher? :unsure::lol:

And Chris DOES write ..he's written on ALL of his projects. :blink: Do some research Joe,damn. :mellow:

bad example seeing as though both Chris& Bobby had one great album, then a good one, then, after that, it's "who cares"

That's true to a small extent. After "Bobby," he wound up being second fiddle to Whitney and could stay out of trouble. It didn't help that it took 5 years to follow up that album. And as a mentioned before, Bobby Brown was actually groundbreaking.

When did we switch over to Usher? :unsure::lol:

And Chris DOES write ..he's written on ALL of his projects. :blink: Do some research Joe,damn. :mellow:

Stop devolving every thread in a trash Usher thread!

In Chris's defense, he did help bring grittier, more contemporary dance styles to a wide audience. Most of the dance moves that Chris has done were known only locally beforehand.

That's true to a small extent. After "Bobby," he wound up being second fiddle to Whitney and could stay out of trouble. It didn't help that it took 5 years to follow up that album. And as a mentioned before, Bobby Brown was actually groundbreaking.

exacly... 5 years in the 90s is nothing tho LOL

Stop devolving every thread in a trash Usher thread!

In Chris's defense, he did help bring grittier, more contemporary dance styles to a wide audience. Most of the dance moves that Chris has done were known only locally beforehand.

Apparently you need to do research as well. Joe STAYS mentioning and throwing shade at Chris in EVERY Usher thread. Just giving him a taste of his own med. Thank you.And frankly the part I quoted Joe on...can/does apply to Usher as well. Its an opinion..its mine..he shared his.