The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

lyrically no... but those weren't written by Brandy... so why wouldn't she do those songs? "I Tried", lyrically, is another "I'm sad cuz ur playin me" song...

Afro was beyond experimental. 90's Brandy would never have done a song like I Tried or Should I Go. Part of the reason why I see people shade Afro is because it was different for Brandy.

Afro was beyond experimental. 90's Brandy would never have done a song like I Tried or Should I Go. Part of the reason why I see people shade Afro is because it was different for Brandy.

lyrically no... but those weren't written by Brandy... so how could she if they weren't written for her first...

Janet Jackson from the 1989 would never do a song like Moist & Warmth... but she penned both the songs in 2003-04... I mean is it fair to compare?

I Tried is a generic breakup song... Should I Go is an appropriate song for the time because she was asking herself if "enough is enough" of flopping... and apparently it's not

lyrically no... but those weren't written by Brandy... so how could she if they weren't written for her first...

Janet Jackson from the 1989 would never do a song like Moist & Warmth... but she penned both the songs in 2003-04... I mean is it fair to compare?

I Tried is a generic breakup song... Should I Go is an appropriate song for the time because she was asking herself if "enough is enough" of flopping... and apparently it's not

Didn+t+read+gif+thread.+ACTIVATE+_8403fe738a4e2aa88d15bdfbfce9d905.gif

*grooves to I Tried whilst eating my chicken wings*

Afro was hot. It kick started her current signature sound of deep, dark, throbbing beats. It wasn't lyrically groundbreaking, but production wise, it was a good direction.

Even though she's not writing or producing the majority of her own music, the fact that producers are aware her sound says a lot.

lyrically no... but those weren't written by Brandy... so why wouldn't she do those songs? "I Tried", lyrically, is another "I'm sad cuz ur playin me" song that we heard from any and every artist

"should I Go"... classic... she should have gone tho -_-

You are such a backhanded bitch. :lmao:

So where does this album come in your brandy album rankings? I still haven't heard it.....I'm afraid :( I love every album from never say never to afrodisiac. I like human. I was disappointed by it though, and I don't want any more brandy disappointment :)

Afro was hot. It kick started her current signature sound of deep, dark, throbbing beats. It wasn't lyrically groundbreaking, but production wise, it was a good direction.

Even though she's not writing or producing the majority of her own music, the fact that producers are aware her sound says a lot.

kinda happens when you hire Timberland during his 2nd peak

that's their job.. to be aware of someone's sound... if someone brings Britney a ballad for Beyonce.. well they should be fired

So where does this album come in your brandy album rankings? I still haven't heard it.....I'm afraid :( I love every album from never say never to afrodisiac. I like human. I was disappointed by it though, and I don't want any more brandy disappointment :)

That is hard.

1) Full Moon

2) Afrodisiac

3) Never Say Never

4) Human / Two Eleven

5) Brandy

That doesn't mean I don't like the debut - because I fucking love it.

Oh and let me explain why too.

Full Moon - I love the overall vibe of the album. It's somewhat dark/broody. It makes me think about my life and some situations.

Afrodisiac - the songs mean something to me.

Never Say Never - nostalgia to better days in my life

Human - saved my life lyrically / Two Eleven - Just can't stop playing it. Makes me happy

Brandy - cute.

Afro was her most experimental, and to be honest it cost her some fans. But sonically, it was light years ahead of any R&B album out at that time. "I tried", "Should i stay", "Sadiddy" and "Come as you are" still sound fresh today. If anything, the album was TOO atmospheric and needed a dose of generic polish to make it more accessible to the general R&B audience. I think "Two eleven" found that balance, but even it has experimental tones. The generic R&B Brandy is long gone and not coming back.

Why because "Let Me Go" is something current and new for Bandy. I tiered of people wanting Brandy to stay stuck singing 90's ballads when Brandy has always had a progressive sound. Her fans seem to have gotten stuck but Brandy's albums always have been about finding a new sound. That's why I love her current stuff. I love that she isn't getting stuck like other artist.

What I find funny is the people that want her to keep that stale 90's sound, would be the first to complain and call her a flop if it didn't sale. Brandy has always been experimental. Full Moon (which many consider they're favorite album of hers) was an extremely experimental sound at the time.

Dont get mad at me cause I dont like Let Me Go....It's a horrible song and what does me not liking that song have anything to do with her being stuck to 90's music?! Soooooo anybody who doesnt like Let Me Go is stuck on 90's Brandy :umm: thats a stretch

• Upvote 1

Dont get mad at me cause I dont like Let Me Go....It's a horrible song and what does me not liking that song have anything to do with her being stuck to 90's music?! Soooooo anybody who doesnt like Let Me Go is stuck on 90's Brandy :umm: thats a stretch

I love you but NO SIR! :umm:

If anything, its one of the stronger songs on the album. You like melody, lyrics and harmony, so "let me go" may be to all over the place for you. But I like this type of stuff from her. I hope this is the direction she is heading in for the next project.

Afro was her most experimental, and to be honest it cost her some fans. But sonically, it was light years ahead of any R&B album out at that time. "I tried", "Should i stay", "Sadiddy" and "Come as you are" still sound fresh today. If anything, the album was TOO atmospheric and needed a dose of generic polish to make it more accessible to the general R&B audience. I think "Two eleven" found that balance, but even it has experimental tones. The generic R&B Brandy is long gone and not coming back.

Which is good..I like this album more than "Human"...she's elevated the 90's sound into something modern to fit today's musical atmosphere. I'm happy with the product.

I love you but NO SIR! :umm:

If anything, its one of the stronger songs on the album. You like melody, lyrics and harmony, so "let me go" may be to all over the place for you. But I like this type of stuff from her. I hope this is the direction she is heading in for the next project.

I hope not...If she does she will gain the new kids but lose her older fans like myself...I'm 30 years old. I do like PID but that track is so much more put together in my opinion. I tried and tried with let me go but now i just skip it

Knowing Brandy we won't get album #7 for another 4 years :lol:. I hope she releases EPs in between then - it'd be a good way for her to keep her name out there.

I'm hoping to have new material from her by 2014. Monica is already in the studio and looks to have new music out in 2013. Brandy can tour a little in 2013, do her stint on The Game, then she needs to be heading to the studio by next fall. She's got a little momentum she just needs to keep it.

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping to have new material from her by 2014. Monica is already in the studio and looks to have new music out in 2013. Brandy can tour a little in 2013, do her stint on The Game, then she needs to be heading to the studio by next fall. She's got a little momentum she just needs to keep it.

Monica last album :umm: