Hi, I'm Skeptical...

Dal

Don't get me wrong. Its clear she's lost her fire. Maybe Janet's the type that needs a label exec breathing down her neck, pressuring her to deliver. We may never know if they had a clear plan. The execution  was half-hearted to say the least.

The next big date is her 50th next month, and maybe we'll hear from  her then. I have no further expectations for her, apart from well wishes for this next chapter in her life, motherhood.

maybe on her 50th .....or maybe she wont ...and yea im bitter about that as a fan thats seen her 11 times over 5 tours and actually touched her

Exactly. And Madonna could literally never do another thing in her career. She could actually have stopped 10 years ago. And she would still be the Queen of Pop. If anything, Madonna's engagement/desperation to be relevant COULD hurt her career. But her career can literally not be touched by anyone, not even herself. She will always be the most successful female recording artist of all time. Ain't that a bitch. Janet lost the race a long time ago. And to be frank, nothing she could do now would restore it. So who cares that she lied her way into retirement? Much ado about nothing. 

I don't think that's fair. It depends how you look at things. On sales yes, Madonna is queen. But in longevity and impact Janet is queen. People don't count in that janet has been famous since she was a baby. Then a child star, a pop princess, an icon, a legend. The fact that mainstream media still sees her interesting enough to report on today shows her relevance. As for impact, well I would argue there are more pop stars following the janet blueprint, over the Madonna one. The kids today might not be aware of it, and that's wgere Janet's at fault but it's still truth. The evidence is there if you look for it. 

• Upvote 6

Boundaries.

I do think we have a right to voice our pleasure or displeasure on certain things, like the music and tour.

But I don't think family planning is one of them. I'm going to sit this one out.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Soooo.. ANOTHER thread was made to speak on the same "skeptism" that had already been expressed in OTHER THREADS? :blink:   Yall stayyyyyyyyy on repeat :sigh:  This thread should be deleted. The same topic in mutiple threads. What is the point of this? It might as well be merged with the official thread. Mods,where are you? We're  spamming the first page at this point. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Here's the thing. Mention Madonna here and y'all go apeshit. Mention Janet at Madonna's forum? Tumbleweeds. 

Just saying. And I'm not trolling. I honestly do love Jan. But it really makes y'all look insecure hating on someone else so much. 

Unless you're on ATRL where the Madonna stans are all over the Janet threads :(

• Upvote 1

I don't believe she's pregnant either, perhaps trying to become pregnant. One thing's for sure: it was used as an excuse to get out of having to continue the tour which wasn't selling. 

Didn't billboard already say that 80% of the 2nd US leg's ticket were already sold around October or something? Not that it changes the fact that the shows aren't happening

Madonna is desperate, gross, and a complete bitch. She STILL gave her fans videos, appearances, interviews, and horrendous performances, however, her fans ate it up, because they are her fans. My opinion about the quality of what she gave her fans is irrelevant. If Janet would've just done a few performances, and at least a heavy dance video, I would have been stoked, happy, and would have been amped. It would've even held me over for her supposed continuation of the tour.

You made me choke on my water, tryin' to kill my ass Jodi! LMFAOOOOOOO! :lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

:lol:

You gotta realize Game became a Janet fan during the "All For You" era lol he hasn't been a long time fan like most of us so he'll probably never understand why many are upset about some of the things she does or doesn't do.

the AFY era was 14 years ago and I'm 28 years old. Sorry I wasn't born in the 1970s like yourself?

For me to be blocked, I sure am your favorite topic #Logic You know so much about me but idk you #CelebrityStatus

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

that actually explains a lot..

I also have to remind myself that Norm is still in his 20's and I'm already well into my 30's.. I remember a lot of "Janet" all the way back to when the RN video was first released and I asked my mom who she was, and when she told me she was Mike's sister I was immediately a fan..

Thanks for putting things into perspective for me.. That's that shit I like.. ??

Uhh how old did your think I was? And what does age or how long I've been a fan have to do with anything? 

"You're only married x amount of years... What do you know about love?" 

Its cute that you made this thread and the Pessimist Thread.. For an old fair-weather fan.. Get it together 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's the thing. Mention Madonna here and y'all go apeshit. Mention Janet at Madonna's forum? Tumbleweeds. 

Just saying. And I'm not trolling. I honestly do love Jan. But it really makes y'all look insecure hating on someone else so much. 

Really? Because whenever I see Janet mentioned or on a topic on a Madonna forum someone always attacks and call her names with no provocation. Not to mention the flooding Madonna fans do on Janet Billboard articles and YouTube videos. It makes her fans look very insecure when I see this- especially when I happens to others as well. 

I know what you mean though 

• Upvote 1

Really? Because whenever I see Janet mentioned or on a topic on a Madonna forum someone always attacks and call her names with no provocation. Not to mention the flooding Madonna fans do on Janet Billboard articles and YouTube videos. It makes her fans look very insecure when I see this- especially when I happens to others as well. 

I know what you mean though 

I'm basing this on the Madonna equivalent of this board. I think the comments section of anything is generally just a shitshow of unhinged people. Like ATRL. 

ATRL is a site full of kids. I once saw a thread there proclaiming Miley Cyrus a legend?! I knew than that I had to get the hell up out of there. Madonna fan are just as hateful to Janet when she is brought up.

I respect your POV. I was posting at the Gaga forum for a while. They are the WORST. I Ike that in general Janet's fans are older. 

• Upvote 1

Uhh how old did your think I was? And what does age or how long I've been a fan have to do with anything? 

"You're only married x amount of years... What do you know about love?" 

Its cute that you made this thread and the Pessimist Thread.. For an old fair-weather fan.. Get it together 

you obviously never got to experience a full Janet Jackson era.. AFY was fine but still not much compared to the 90's Janet... 

And it's really cute how you buy into her lame excuse at trying to save face and lie about there being a red bra underneath her SB outfit (what would the point of that be anyway..?? Show the world one boob but still covered by a red bra..???)

look at this pic and tell me u still believe that nonsense.. But you will still most likely keep your blinders up like the good sheep you are.. ?

neutrality11n-1-web_zps6ybjfyht.jpg

kBUntMB_zpscyuukca8.gif

this was fucking comedy!!

Uhh  Sorry I'm not a 70s baby?  :umm: 

I deleted the rest bc I'm not talking about something that happened 12 years ago 

I wasn't born in the 70's either :lmao:

and im not surprised that when the truth is staring you in the face that you just rather wipe it away than be honest with yourself...keep on living that sheep life ?

Madonna still gave them an era tha beats Janet's 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times over. Even if she would have sold just 1 album. :coffee: 

I know that sounds good to you, but I'd take a album as amazing as Unbreakable, and no promo, vs. a Madonna album, and her desperate antics making her the laughing stock all over. Like Janet getting flack over the tour (and actually no everyones more so posting about the fans, hell Wendy Williams went in on US not her LOFL I loved it...she still backhandedly shaded Janet as she ofourse would LOL), but it's nowhere near the flack Madonna was getting for her desperation. I'll take the album, gladly but as I said in the past here many times, the album was all I REALLY wanted, Discipline could not have been the last, that wouldn't sit right in my soul. This could (I don't think it is, but then again Im not searching for shit just sitting back and watching what happens) and I'd be content with her legacy in my eyes honestly. HONORED that I got to see her live this tour but I didn't even need that, this album was all I wanted & needed.

you obviously never got to experience a full Janet Jackson era.. AFY was fine but still not much compared to the 90's Janet... 

And it's really cute how you buy into her lame excuse at trying to save face and lie about there being a red bra underneath her SB outfit (what would the point of that be anyway..?? Show the world one boob but still covered by a red bra..???)

look at this pic and tell me u still believe that nonsense.. But you will still most likely keep your blinders up like the good sheep you are.. ?

neutrality11n-1-web_zps6ybjfyht.jpg

this was fucking comedy!!

You do know the inside of the bra could've been black, like it obviously wasn't just a random bra you get at Sears (like all costume clothing isn't) but I've seen many bras that were hand created (friends with like 2 designers) and they have designs on the outside but are jet black or sometimes white on the inside, moe so that if you're just wearing that it's not see through.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You do know the inside of the bra could've been black, like it obviously wasn't just a random bra you get at Sears (like all costume clothing isn't) but I've seen many bras that were hand created (friends with like 2 designers) and they have designs on the outside but are jet black or sometimes white on the inside, moe so that if you're just wearing that it's not see through.

mag_malfun05_ap_576x324_zpsbvi0buae.jpg

Try again jerry!

The official statement was that there was meant to be a red bra left.. Not a black bra.. And even if it was meant to be a bra left there (in any color) wtf was the point of doing that..?!  Don't u think that stunt alone would've been enough to tarnish her career..whether there was a bra left in place or not..? (At least it would be enough for her to receive some sort of backlash) Plus wouldn't have her nipple shield most likely shone through..?!

The fact that she was wearing that ridiculous nipple ring (or whatever the hell it was) tells me that their little stunt was intentional. Obviously they never anticipated just how much backlash they would receive for it, but oh well...

Anyway, I pretty much agree with everything in the original post but this really could have just gone into the venting thread.

• Upvote 2