Redemption For The Unreleased!!!

Lenzo88

Honestly, it still bugs the hell out of me!!! 😠 More proof that Janet was so out of her musical element during the 2000s, the fact that such awesome unreleased tracks like “What I Can I Say?” and “Clap Your Hands” were left off “Damita Jo” and “20 Y.O.” is still baffling!!! My god, I’d rather listen to “Put It On You”, “Could This Be Love”, even “Pop Ups” than MOST of the tracks on DJ. Sigh.....☹️😞

On 1/25/2019 at 10:55 PM, Lenzo88 said:
23 hours ago, Voodoo said:

There is a reason why those songs didn't make the cut as they were trash songs. She was out of her musical mind tho and hella lazy. Glad she snapped out of it....I think :unsure::rolleyes:

Honestly, it still bugs the hell out of me!!! 😠 More proof that Janet was so out of her musical element during the 2000s, the fact that such awesome unreleased tracks like “What I Can I Say?” and “Clap Your Hands” were left off “Damita Jo” and “20 Y.O.” is still baffling!!! My god, I’d rather listen to “Put It On You”, “Could This Be Love”, even “Pop Ups” than MOST of the tracks on DJ. Sigh.....☹️😞

All lies! "Pops Up" was complete garbage. Damita Jo album was a gem and it's not that Janet was out of her element. It's just her fans are stuck in one element musically and gotten used to the same sounds from Janet. The woman is a true artist who explores. Had she not explored we wouldn't of gotten hidden gems like "SloLove", the overrated "All Nite", and the could've been urban hits "Like You Don't Love Me", "Put Your Hands On", and "Roll Witchu". Y'all straight trippin. When I first heard "SloLove" I was like "Janet wtf is this?" :umm: but I said to myself "Joe just try to expand your ears musically and realize the world if full of musical sounds you have yet to hear, so if your fave Janet is exploring then start by listening to her first". I then played the song back to back 3 times and starting loving it. I had never heard a french horn in music and now I love it. The song is in my top 5 Janet songs.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

Yall imagine Get it Out Me Music Video OR THISS BODY. BTW This is my first comment as I just registered hey yall

I was so sure "This Body" was gonna be a single or have a video. I pictured it 1000 times. JD walking around town seeing Janet on posters in store windows and huge billboards imagining she's singing to him. Then he goes to into a store to buy something and he sees her on the cover of a magazine and opens it up. As he flips pages as soon as Janet says "Would u be ready if I stepped off these pages" :excited: she steps out of the magazine. I got more but I don't feel like typing anymore lol

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I was so sure "This Body" was gonna be a single or have a video. I pictured it 1000 times. JD walking around town seeing Janet on posters in store windows and huge billboards imagining she's singing to him. Then he goes to into a store to buy something and he sees her on the cover of a magazine and opens it up. As he flips pages as soon as Janet says "Would u be ready if I stepped off these pages" :excited: she steps out of the magazine. I got more but I don't feel like typing anymore lol

OMG!! You and I have the same mind! I pictured the exact same thing.

In fact, I pictured the music videos and choreography of a lot of songs that should've had a music video...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jakob said:

OMG!! You and I have the same mind! I pictured the exact same thing.

In fact, I pictured the music videos and choreography of a lot of songs that should've had a music video...

Janet missed out on a lot of hits during her career. Especially not capitalizing on "Come On Get Up" even if Virgin stopped promoting to focus on Mariah cause the shit eventually blew up in their faces

On 1/26/2019 at 8:34 PM, Game For Now said:

Y’all only like those songs bc they’re unreleased. If they were album tracks, most of those would be ignored (CYH & Pops Up especially since both are literal garbage)

I always thought I was mad for not liking them. Didn’t realise more people didn’t. 

7 hours ago, bu. said:

I always thought I was mad for not liking them. Didn’t realise more people didn’t. 

CYH is trash. I skip it every time is comes on. Pops Up is cute but you can see why Janet left it off everything 

What Can I Say & Could This Be Love are the only songs worthwhile 

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

CYH is trash. I skip it every time is comes on. Pops Up is cute but you can see why Janet left it off everything 

What Can I Say & Could This Be Love are the only songs worthwhile 

Are there any we don’t know about?