#8 Snoop Dogg - Net Worth $110 Million

#7 Birdman - Net Worth $115 Million

#6 Eminem - Net Worth $120 Million

#5 50 Cent - Net Worth $250 Million

#4 Dr. Dre - Net Worth $260 Million

#3 Master P - Net Worth $350 Million

#2 Jay-Z - Net Worth $475 Million

#1 Diddy - Net Worth $500 Million

We started off with more than 50 artists in the hip hop industry, then narrowed the list down to the top 20 richest rappers alive today. The moguls on this list control over $3 billion. One common theme among these richest rappers is that they all have leveraged their popularity to launch new business ventures. Many of these artists made far more money outside of hip hop than they ever did selling records. There are actually 24 artists on this list thanks to a handful of ties, we also included three bonus celebrities who are not rappers but have had a major influence on the genre. The secret to being one of the richest rappers seems to be in clothing lines, owning your own record label, television, movies, and investing in commercial products you sell to the mass public.

I don't understand how some of these rappers can be worth way more than Janet and I barely remember them getting any hits, yet Janet has had LOADS with writing and producing credits, the largest royalty rates in the business, huge tours, movies etc and is supposedly worth less.

I don't understand how some of these rappers can be worth way more than Janet and I barely remember them getting any hits, yet Janet has had LOADS with writing and producing credits, the largest royalty rates in the business, huge tours, movies etc and is supposedly worth less.

Well, 50 cent had Vitamin Water which made him a shitload of money. I'm sure the others had business ventures as well that made them money.

They have a lot off assests and endorsements. Plus the figures Forbes gave back in 2007 are obviously wrong. Janet has never been one to publish her earnings, so it's not easy to guesstimate her net worth.

• Upvote 1

Janet I believe is worth more than 150 million BUT she doesn't advertise her wealth.....so in truth none of us know how much she is worth, she doesn't talk money. Those celebs get thrown on those lists because they want to be on them, Janet I believe doesn't. I watched an interview with Ravon Simon on Wendy, I didn't know that girl was worth about 45 million. But I believe its true, point is not everyone is showing they bank statements. Even with the Number Ones tour, Janet did NOT report ALL earnings to the public, if her tour rider is true though, with 80 some odd dates, Janet should have made about 40 million on the number ones tour

and as I said I believe those numbers are inflated some of those rappers not even in the game anymore, and wasnt for too long to begin with. If Janet wasn't already wealthy she might do some endorsements like a perfume or something, but she doesn't do any of that stuff, why? Beyonce endorsed everything from cell phones to satellite TV, because her money wasnt coming from selling albums because folks aint selling albums anymore. I truly believe Janet is worth more than 150 million esp from someone who doesn't appear to spend much money, the point is it aint our business

Diddy is the ultimate hustler and smart business man. He doesn't have to rap anymore or release any records. And he shouldn't either. ;)

I'm not surprised to see Jay-Z at #2 or Master P at #3, he is enjoying his money and living life comfortably.

Dr. Dre is going to continue to make even more millions and 50 Cent has the opportunity to get more endorsements on his name alone. He doesn't need to release any else as well.

Diddy is the ultimate hustler and smart business man. He doesn't have to rap anymore or release any records. And he shouldn't either. ;)

I'm not surprised to see Jay-Z at #2 or Master P at #3, he is enjoying his money and living life comfortably.

Dr. Dre is going to continue to make even more millions and 50 Cent has the opportunity to get more endorsements on his name alone. He doesn't need to release any else as well.

those guys sure, its some of the other ones that don't do much Im giving the side eye too :umm:
  • Upvote 1

Janet don't put her business out there like that...these reports do not be accurate

• Upvote 1

What does Master P do besides rap?

Film and television career

Since 1997 Master P has been in numerous feature and straight to DVD films and television shows. His filmography includes Uncle P, Uncle Willy's Family, Soccer Mom, Gone in 60 Seconds, Toxic, Foolish, and I Got the Hook Up. Miller recently teamed up with Romeo to develop a children's cartoon titled 'Gee Gee The Giraffe. The show is true to the duo's mission to produce positive, educational and entertaining content for African-American children. Animation has been employed by the Millers on prior occasions such as their February 2008 cartoon version of their music video for the song "Black History." Miller has also made history as the first hip-hop entrepreneur to own a cable television network, Better Black Television or BBTV, which was meant to promote positive messages and content to the African American culture. The network was launched in 2009. Executives include Denzel Washington, Derek Anderson of the Charlotte Bobcats, DJ Kool Herc and Bo Derek. Miller is starring in a new film with his protege Gucci Mane entitled Get Money which is based on his book of the same name. Master P also starred on Romeo! on the children's network Nickelodeon from 2003 to 2006.

Business ventures

As founder and CEO of No Limit Entertainment, Miller at one time presided over a business empire that included No Limit Records, Bout It Inc., No Limit Clothing, No Limit Communications, No Limit Films, No Limit Sports Management, P. M. Properties and Advantage Travel. Miller ranked 10th on Forbes magazine's 1998 list of America's 40 highest paid entertainers with an estimated income of $56.5 million.[9] Miller represented former NFL running back Ricky Williams when he was drafted by the New Orleans Saints.