Sooo... Aca-Awkward But Destiny's Child kinda flopped

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Why hasn't anyone pointed out the fact that not only is this a compilation, but it's a compilation of their flop slow jams? :mellow: Not only that, but they didn't even promote it. Like, at all.

Now, if it was their #1s compilation that sold 6,000 copies, then you could throw logical shade.

It's just because the name Beyonce is involved.

Oop!!!

No one is cherry picking. It's a fucking compilation album - who was expecting it to do more than 6000k? Who cares how much it sold. Mariah released a compilation album with her 'ballads' a few years ago - did anyone give a shit then? No. No one is defending...all I said was "it's a compilation album" and people got bothered by it when they know they'd say the same if it was someone else.

Why would anyone want Destiny's Child ballads on one CD anyway when the only songs the mainstream uses from them are the uptempos :umm:.

MC is a bad example.. She sold 29k first week and bowed in at a respectable #10 on the Hot 200

DC is one of the best selling girl groups of all time. Their name alone should move more than 6,000 without promo especially since the lead singer is one of the leading ladies today and just did superbowl including the group . Why else would Love Songs be released at this time...becuz they looked at SB as being "promo"

This argument is a waste of time and redundant. A compilation selling 6,000 without promotion is neither good or bad. It wasn't going to sell 100,000 in it's first week.

The end.

6,000 is bad... especially for the biggest selling female group in the modern era... tho the album actually sux... NO one would have guessed it would sell 6k... with Beyonce's face... I would have put it over 40k

• Upvote 1

so you think it's perfectly excusable for a Destiny's Child compilation album to sell 6k first week? Like you aren't shocked or surprised it failed to only hit the population of a mall?

No I'm not. I never was. From the moment it was announced I knew it would flop. The only thing I was excited about was a new song tbh.

http://planetjanet.i...ny's +child

re-read your thread and find me a reply where anyone expected it to sell well. Dayyyyyz put it perfectly "Its gonna sell less than a Solange album."

so you think it's perfectly excusable for a Destiny's Child compilation album to sell 6k first week? Like you aren't shocked or surprised it failed to only hit the population of a mall?

It is un-excusable because Destiny's Child is universally known for their love songs. You see what I did there? :rolleyes: Let this alone Game, this thread was not needed and it makes you look like J-lo and her leg at the Grammy's...desperate for attention.

well clearly sales are all u care about, so i wont argue with this, if u stan for someone solely bc of sales that says alot about ur taste in music or lack thereof

:mellow: Are you serious? :mellow: The reason why we are having this discussion is because I said Beyonce's career isn't validated by sales. :mellow: I could care less about sales. You're just pulling stuff out your ass now.