The Official Robin Thicke Thread

HollyHood

Which one seen the light of day on Billboard 100 :umm:

I guess the Soul Train Awards are better since RT only appears on those :coffee:

Uhohlooklikeyamad_zps2030abf5.gif

Putting asside that crappy songs have been making the Hot 100 for years, the song literally was released less than a week ago, and has been getting good reviews ever since.

His awards or lack there of does not erase from his quality of great music and constant praise that he desserves, as I had to tell you before, he's not in this for the money or hits like his musical lessor peers, if he were he could've accomplished that in 06. :coffee:

Im sorry but you clearly and some how got this song confused with Suit & Tie with having to listen to it multiple times for it to be tolerable. But alas I know quality R&B music to someone who's used to or prefers watered down 2nd rate R&B can be a shock, so I think I can sympathize with what you're obviously going through.

Um grammys don't indicate or mean that an artist or album is not good, theres tons of other great & innovative artist who don't get nominated, and theres tons of overrated predictable "artist" who release shitty music and have multiple Grammy's. They don't acknowlege substance they acknowlege sales & popularity. Bottomline he's still good enough for Justin to copy.

Tommy Lee, Let's Get naked

INYOFACEBITCHES_zpsb5dc1ad0.gif

:lol:

Which one seen the light of day on Billboard 100 :umm:

I guess the Soul Train Awards are better since RT only appears on those :coffee:

Well if Robin appears on Soul Train Awards and Justin doesn't that says something about those who embrace REAL R&B :) They know Justin is a damn fake

Im sorry but you clearly and some how got this song confused with Suit & Tie with having to listen to it multiple times for it to be tolerable. But alas I know quality R&B music to someone who's used to or prefers watered down 2nd rate R&B can be a shock, so I think I can sympathize with what you're obviously going through.

Um grammys don't indicate or mean that an artist or album is not good, theres tons of other great & innovative artist who don't get nominated, and theres tons of overrated predictable "artist" who release shitty music and have multiple Grammy's. They don't acknowlege substance they acknowlege sales & popularity. Bottomline he's still good enough for Justin to copy.

Tommy Lee, Let's Get naked

INYOFACEBITCHES_zpsb5dc1ad0.gif

Lil' QUEEN looked sooooooooooo HOT on that video :wub:

:lol:

Well if Robin appears on Soul Train Awards and Justin doesn't that says something about those who embrace REAL R&B :) They know Justin is a damn fake

That awkward moment when Justin has two nominations from that show and won a BET award :asham:

Meanwhile RT has actually won one of his and well never won BET Awards

That awkward moment when Justin has two nominations from that show and won a BET award :asham:

But RT remains better & more innovative and creative than JT ever could. Hate to break it to you but again, awards don't mean better, they mean popular. So Justin has more awards than him it still does not stop the pure genuine fact that JT fans who love both of them prefer Robin......as they should.

But RT remains better & more innovative and creative than JT ever could. Hate to break it to you but again, awards don't mean better, they mean popular. So Justin has more awards than him it still does not stop the pure genuine fact that JT fans who love both of them prefer Robin......as they should.

Subjective... not here for your opinions.. facts only boo :( and the facts don't favor you

Popular... the opposite of someone who can't sell 100k without a struggle or showing bare boobies in their music video

Subjective... not here for your opinions.. facts only boo :( and the facts don't favor you

Popular... the opposite of someone who can't sell 100k without a struggle or showing bare boobies in their music video

Sorry but the fact that JT fans who like Robin knows he's better says he's better. Now to people clearly like yourself who prefer Justins bland watered down R&B the real thing is clearly tooo strong for you

Sorry but the fact that JT fans who like Robin knows he's better says he's better. Now to people clearly like yourself who prefer Justins bland watered down R&B the real thing is clearly tooo strong for you

yeah because that says a lot... there are plenty of MJ fans who think he's better than Janet

If i want to be put to sleep... I'll listen to his "most popular" album

yeah because that says a lot... there are plenty of MJ fans who think he's better than Janet

If i want to be put to sleep... I'll listen to his "most popular" album

Its not the same Janet hasn't copied MJs look & attempt yet fail to copy his sound for a whole era. Yeah I can't help you with the sleep thing, Sade has the same effect on me yet I acknowlege her greatness and knows better than to ever shade her

Its not the same Janet hasn't copied MJs look & attempt yet fail to copy his sound for a whole era. Yeah I can't help you with the sleep thing, Sade has the same effect on me yet I acknowlege her greatness and knows better than to ever shade her

Sade has had multi-plantium albums... More than one. World wide success and more than two total awards in her home..

Lets not compare Sade to some sad lil man C-lister who needs to throw boobies in your face for you to listen to his shitty music

Which one will be around in ten years... Take a guess... RT isn't even on the radar

Keri Hilson is to Beyonce as Robin Thicke is to King Timberlake

Sade has had multi-plantium albums... More than one. World wide success and more than two total awards in her home..

Lets not compare Sade to some sad lil man C-lister who needs to throw boobies in your face for you to listen to his shitty music

Which one will be around in ten years... Take a guess... RT isn't even on the radar

Keri Hilson is to Beyonce as Robin Thicke is to King Timberlake

LOFL!!!! I forget you respect achievements more than the acutal music I'm sorry but. LOL Music's "shitty" yet Justin feels the constant need to copy the style so much so that even his fans acknowlege it, fail.

Oh very Easy, Robin will still be making great music in 10 years that gets praised for it's artistic integrity, meanwhile Justin's music will still be criticized for sounding too much like somone else or only being relevant because of his features and producers.

LOL you tried that comparison before, and failed horribly, but to remind you, in order for that to be accurate, Keri would have to be vocally better than Beyonce, Beyonce would have to copy her look and sound from years ago and it'd have to be known to majority of Bey fans that are fans of both that Keri is better :lmao:

Soul Train>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BET Awards and you know it. Pointing out Justin winning a BET Award while Robin won a Soul Train award is a complete fail being that Soul Train awards is more respected than BET Awards :lol: Hell Janet has won plenty of Soul Train awards along with Michael, Prince, Toni Braxton and none of these people have won BET Awards. Try again

Now we all know why Game is even attempting to debate here, why engage him? Robin doesn't need to be defended against the obvious. Leave Ms. Timberlake and her stans...I mean "people who just like her music"...to their delusions. Not worth the time nor the energy to keep repeating what we already know to be true over and over again.

So back to the subject at hand, King Robin :wub: >>>>>>

• Upvote 1

Now we all know why Game is even attempting to debate here, why engage him? Robin doesn't need to be defended against the obvious. Leave Ms. Timberlake and her stans...I mean "people who just like her music"...to their delusions. Not worth the time nor the energy to debate.

AND THAT is why yous ma twin, let's keep talking about the good musician. Heard Sex Therapy on the radio today...gots ma LIFE that song is so DAMN HOT.

AND THAT is why yous ma twin, let's keep talking about the good musician. Heard Sex Therapy on the radio today...gots ma LIFE that song is so DAMN HOT.

This man's voice does so many things to me. :shifty: Is it possible to lose your virginity because of someone's voice? >_<

• Upvote 1

I've never really understood the comparison between Justin and Robin. Obviously they're both white and lean heavily towards an urban sound, but that seems too easy for me. It's like when people make the argument that Robyn should be enjoying Lady Gaga's success. Because they're both blonde and make Pop? That's not enough. If you actually listen to their music it's very dissimilar. Justin is so heavily influenced by the Timbaland sound that it's hard to imagine what he'd sound like making R&B/Pop on his own now. Robin goes everywhere on his albums, he doesn't get enough credit for that.

Anyway, this my favourite Robin song. So damn sexy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qp6tZw13w8

You wanted Mr. Big, Mr. Big is in your hands :wub:

• Upvote 2

Soul Train>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BET Awards and you know it. Pointing out Justin winning a BET Award while Robin won a Soul Train award is a complete fail being that Soul Train awards is more respected than BET Awards :lol: Hell Janet has won plenty of Soul Train awards along with Michael, Prince, Toni Braxton and none of these people have won BET Awards. Try again

Janet won like 13 of them... And the lessors you named have more than 2 :umm:

The EBT Awards is the biggest award show honoring blacks in the entertainment industry. Despite them being... BET.. It's more popular than the Soul Train Awards in 2013

Now we all know why Game is even attempting to debate here, why engage him? Robin doesn't need to be defended against the obvious. Leave Ms. Timberlake and her stans...I mean "people who just like her music"...to their delusions. Not worth the time nor the energy to keep repeating what we already know to be true over and over again.

So back to the subject at hand, King Robin :wub: >>>>>>

You had me at first then you called him "King" :umm: King of what?

Janet won like 13 of them... And the lessors you named have more than 2 :umm:

The EBT Awards is the biggest award show honoring blacks in the entertainment industry. Despite them being... BET.. It's more popular than the Soul Train Awards in 2013

Yes I was stating that just cause Justina won a BET Award don't mean shit cause BET Awards never meant shit. None of the Legends have won any. Of course they're more popular than Soul Train awards "NOW" but they still mean less due to the fact they're given out to popular artists for ratings and not for real music
  • Upvote 1

This man's voice does so many things to me. :shifty: Is it possible to lose your virginity because of someone's voice? >_<

I know, if it is Janet took mine with Someday Is Tonight when I was 10 LOL JP...kinda LOL.

damn he has a boner at 2:13 I thought I was seein thangs :lol:

WOA I never noticed that LOL.

But yea funny story about me & him, I remember in 2002 he was on 106th&Park as the new artist and whatever, and he was talking music and his love & passion for soul music and Im like "this hippy dude?" then they played his "When I Get You Alone".......and I was in love like that song was SO funky and so good, and those harmonies were everything, but I didn't know or remember his name, then 4yrs later Lost Without You happens and slays, and he's everywhere but dressed up & with short hair, and I had NO idea that he was the same guy that did When I get you alone (I wondered about that guy, I loved how he talked about Sou Music, and I loved the song), then he did a interview with Michael Baisden and Michael was ragging on him for how he used to look with the long hair........and it CLICKED and I youtubed Robin Thicke When I get you alone, and was SO happy to see that it was the same guy. I LOVE this song, takes me back, and them harmonies!