The Official Robin Thicke Thread

HollyHood

That's true and good for Flush but Justin still has two diamond albums regardless of whether it's in a group. Nothing you or I say can take that away. It's in his legacy along with his group going 2x platinum opening week with their sophomore album - does Usher have that? When he dies they'll talk about N*Sync first and then his solo career. I don't think he's a future legend though.

Exactly - without the group first they couldn't do that.

PCD was a big fail. They had so much potential but Antin fucked up.

Nope but he does have 1million sales opening week without having to be in a group and a diamond album without having to be in a group and yes you're right Justin ain't gonna be no Legend no time soon :lol:

:o ..............oh fuck ME, I so didn't even think about Kelly when typing that....GODDAMNIT, I so don't mean to shade the people I love LOL. FUCK! I ONLY really count group success when it's severly like you said and I don't think they really could've got off the ground without them. For MJ & Justin I wouldn't because I think they both had the drive (MJ had the tons of talent, Justin had the looks and a little bit of talent) and I think both could've gotten far on their own, as far? No, but far.I feel the same about Diana & Bey too.

They like to bring up Kelly's name to get me started but I ain't fallin' for it :rolleyes:

Not Kelly Flopland :umm: or Robin

and not Justina Timberfake either

Dam he got a big boost on the US Itunes after performing the song on The Voice :o Sounds like it could be a hit over there 2 ^_^

the girls are gonna be upset
  • Upvote 1

Poor Kelly... Even her stans shade here without knowing

JT had a little talent? Enough talent to pen hits and open doors for himself

PS: name ONE what male or female artist that's 100% original, that debuted in the 2000s

Oh stop it you!

Yup...just like Bieber....

We're resorting to Bey stan antics/loosing strategies now? Nobody said anything about 100%, Some (alot) are just more blessed with originality than others.... :coffee:

WOW that The Voice performance, look at what it did

941420_10102606678262683_2053642055_n.jpg

:o

OH FUCK YES, I guess people watched last night and saw what R&B is supposed to be. Let me find that performance I missed the show (I'll watch the whole thing tonight) but for now let me see that performance that got everybody drooling over the Thicke.

Oh stop it you!

Yup...just like Bieber....

We're resorting to Bey stan antics/loosing strategies now? Nobody said anything about 100%, Some (alot) are just more blessed with originality than others.... :coffee:

OH FUCK YES, I guess people watched last night and saw what R&B is supposed to be. Let me find that performance I missed the show (I'll watch the whole thing tonight) but for now let me see that performance that got everybody drooling over the Thicke.

the shade :lol: I missed it too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSzNN_S1-vI

................THAT JUST HAPPEND, THAT SHIT SLAYYYED, yall already Know the song hooked me @ 1st listen, the live vocals made it even fuckin better, he KILLED the adlibs. And the transition between his falsetto to tenor live too just...OW!!! Damn, he killed it

They like to bring up Kelly's name to get me started but I ain't fallin' for it :rolleyes:

and not Justina Timberfake either

the girls are gonna be upset

LOL That shit caught me so off-guard, BUT, it can't 100% be about Kelly because she does have a Grammy & #1 song,

& I know thats right

& YOU know thats right. Folks can say all they want about his sales or low impact but his impact is enough to get them bothered......

• Upvote 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSzNN_S1-vI

................THAT JUST HAPPEND, THAT SHIT SLAYYYED, yall already Know the song hooked me @ 1st listen, the live vocals made it even fuckin better, he KILLED the adlibs. And the transition between his falsetto to tenor live too just...OW!!! Damn, he killed it

LOL That shit caught me so off-guard, BUT, it can't 100% be about Kelly because she does have a Grammy & #1 song,

& I know thats right

& YOU know thats right. Folks can say all they want about his sales or low impact but his impact is enough to get them bothered......

He comes off so real and not fake. Swag or whatever you wanna call it comes naturally and you can tell his is natural. Justin is definitely playing a character. This was a good performance.
  • Upvote 2

He comes off so real and not fake. Swag or whatever you wanna call it comes naturally and you can tell his is natural. Justin is definitely playing a character. This was a good performance.

You aint lyin, he showed OUT, this performance, them vocals are just GREAT like I still can't get over how perfect he sounded during the fuckin adlibs and then at the end too, that man wears soul on every inch of him, That shit can't be taught or learned, you either have it or ya don't.

YES all the reviewers from everywhere loved & praised it, here are my favorites.

Perez Hilton:

Some of the massive appeals of The Voice are the incredible talent that we’ve seen as well as the live performances that come out of the show!!

Live performance-wise, last night, Robin Thicke, Pharrell Williams, &T.I. brought their musical mastery together on The Voice stage to show the contestants how it’s done!

And they set a GREAT example!!!

The three artists performed Robin Thicke's song, Blurred Lines, and they killed it!!! Lucky for us, this time the video wasn't banned, LOLz!!

Top40about.com

Robin Thicke's new hit "Blurred Lines" proves unequivocally that good TV is still highly relevant in today's pop music marketplace. Last night Robin Thicke took to the stage of The Voice to perform his new song with Pharrell Williams and T.I. in tow. It was a stellar, sexy performance by the trio. "Blurred Lines" has thus far climbed to #70 on the Billboard Hot 100 while becoming Robin Thicke's biggest international pop hit reaching #1 in Australia, the Netherlands, and New Zealand. Now it looks like this TV appearance may be just enough to turn it into a major US pop hit. "Blurred Lines" has surged to the top of the iTunes digital download chart. A key part of the success of the song is producer, co-writer and featured performer Pharrell. He is in the process of staging a major pop comeback as he is also the voice of Daft Punk's current hit "Get Lucky." Look for Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines album this summer.

I've seen the performance 2 times now...the 1st time it was in the early 13,00's...now its in the late 14,00's...I love it when good music/artist are being appreciated

• Upvote 1

Nice! And so it continues... R&B is slowly and surely coming back ^_^

Tis been a LONG time coming. Not only that but this kind of thing happening for him & Miguel says its time for Real artist to show how real R&B & Soul goes, as only real soul singers could/should, and by overlooked & underrated artists.

The fact that Usher has a diamond album without the career aid of a group makes it that much more meaningful. I don't know why a certain folks on here are trying it

so MJ's legacy starts at "Off The Wall"? :umm: No! Michael's legacy began with a boy group called 'The Janet 5" and went on to sell 100 million albums world wide.

So let's cut the JT slack... it's an impressive feat if any one was in a group or not

• Upvote 1

Game please. By the way name what kind of so-called Legacy you thing Justin will be leaving behind. "White boy pretending to have natural rhythm and soul to sell records" He's gonna have to stand in line. There are 2 white artists that will be remembered for their legacy before him. Britney and Christina and for good reason :)

2vbughy_zps0e01da7b.gif

LOL Why so you can deny them. What Robin did & does differently than most R&B male artists is his incorperation of old school soul & R&B and hip hop, and not only that but often @ times puts other influences in that sound too like the spanish sound of Lost Without You. Vocally I can't think of anyone who can go as high & low as him in the post 2000 generation, thats the simple answer. And the style of even Blurred lines is like nothing else out there lyrically or instrumentally in terms of R&B/HipHop. Thus why the song is & has been highly praised, since it's release.

so MJ's legacy starts at "Off The Wall"? :umm: No! Michael's legacy began with a boy group called 'The Janet 5" and went on to sell 100 million albums world wide.

So let's cut the JT slack... it's an impressive feat if any one was in a group or not

Um actually started with Got To Be There (tho most fans don't count his 1st 4 albums, I do). Everything the Jackson 5 accomplished they accomplished together, no 1 man before the group, and a full team effort. Everything Michael did on his own, stands on it's own, the success with the J5 is extra, not to say it's not important or to imply it means nothing, his solo success is where the legacy is the strongest & most important, and thats the same for every single singer from a group who goes solo & have success.

Game please. By the way name what kind of so-called Legacy you thing Justin will be leaving behind. "White boy pretending to have natural rhythm and soul to sell records" He's gonna have to stand in line. There are 2 white artists that will be remembered for their legacy before him. Britney and Christina and for good reason :)

worked for Elvis :umm: History and for MJ in the 90s...

:lmao: Christina but not Justin :lmao: Get out... You do realized that album sales contribute to legacies... MJ sold bc he had longevity... JT is following the footsteps of The Father... The Holy High Spirit.. Pharmaceuticals Jackson and of course the Goddess... and many more people

But Xtina doesn't have longevity... so poo

LOL Why so you can deny them. What Robin did & does differently than most R&B male artists is his incorperation of old school soul & R&B and hip hop, and not only that but often @ times puts other influences in that sound too like the spanish sound of Lost Without You. Vocally I can't think of anyone who can go as high & low as him in the post 2000 generation, thats the simple answer. And the style of even Blurred lines is like nothing else out there lyrically or instrumentally in terms of R&B/HipHop. Thus why the song is & has been highly praised, since it's release.

Um actually started with Got To Be There (tho most fans don't count his 1st 4 albums, I do). Everything the Jackson 5 accomplished they accomplished together, no 1 man before the group, and a full team effort. Everything Michael did on his own, stands on it's own, the success with the J5 is extra, not to say it's not important or to imply it means nothing, his solo success is where the legacy is the strongest & most important, and thats the same for every single singer from a group who goes solo & have success.

He puts everyone to sleep.. People don't want boring.. boring doesn't sell.. that's what i'm basing my opinion off of.. and he tried to sell sex with this video.. unnecessary..

I know what his first solo album was but like Janet... we don't discuss those first few trial & errors :shifty: but if MJ wasn't in Jackson 5... and he was "found" talent like MC... I don't think he would have sold that much... bc he wouldn't have had his support from his wackos

None of these white people will have legacies. What's Britney gonna leave behind? Weak vocals and a baby prostitute act turned soulless drone robot? And what's Pigtina gonna leave beside shattered eardrums and a trail of crumbs and grease?

:lmao: Christina but not Justin :lmao: Get out... You do realized that album sales contribute to legacies... MJ sold bc he had longevity... JT is following the footsteps of The Father... The Holy High Spirit.. Pharmaceuticals Jackson and of course the Goddess... and many more people

But she has record sales & high praise....I mean seriously what # was Justin listed in best vocalists of all time, and as of now she's still technically sold more than him, we've had this discussio before, 8 era's/albums 2 are flops, don't make the artist a flop, and it took over 10 yrs for her to get there ;). And with 1 album properly promoted & handeled right it could tur that completely around.

He puts everyone to sleep.. People don't want boring.. boring doesn't sell.. that's what i'm basing my opinion off of.. and he tried to sell sex with this video.. unnecessary..

I know what his first solo album was but like Janet... we don't discuss those first few trial & errors :shifty: but if MJ wasn't in Jackson 5... and he was "found" talent like MC... I don't think he would have sold that much... bc he wouldn't have had his support from his wackos

LOL Well him being "boring" to you still gets the high praise he gets from his peers, lessors and musical elders..And the song was highly praised before & after the video debuted lol. the attention the video got just bought more...

But his 1st 2 albums were successful and produced hit's for him.... Yea he'd likely not sale as much but with his talent & Joe behind him alone and the right person he still could've gone pretty damn far.

I said they'll have one before Justin...I never said he wouldn't have one but I don't see him having one anyway and if you think so then what would his legacy be? His SNL skits? :)

None of these white people will have legacies. What's Britney gonna leave behind? Weak vocals and a baby prostitute act turned soulless drone robot? And what's Pigtina gonna leave beside shattered eardrums and a trail of crumbs and grease?

Um yes Britney will. The whites will make sure of that. She's the white 2nd coming of Janet lol. Christina has already carved her own Legacy with being the voice of our generation and you can hate on that all you want but she's already been deemed as being so. Let's not act like you don't know. You may not like it but you know it's fact :)
  • Upvote 1