The Official Robin Thicke Thread

HollyHood

I like the Evolution of Robin Thicke but I feel like of his last 4 albums it has the most filler (none more than his 1st imo) but like Prince & Maxwell his "filler" to me is just stuff that don't grab me but each album is less and less, by far his last album I think is the only 1 from track 1 to the very end was perfect. So makes me wonder about the next 1.

I feel like some people are making #thicke out to be more than what he is. Granted I'm not all that familiar with his catalogue, but it seems to me the gist is that he just makes different iterations of jazzy baby makers.

I mean, great music that is remembered in 10 years, by who :coffee: unless your child was conceived while his song was playing I don't think anyone will remember who he is in 10 years :coffee:

I feel like some people are making #thicke out to be more than what he is. Granted I'm not all that familiar with his catalogue, but it seems to me the gist is that he just makes different iterations of jazzy baby makers.

I mean, great music that is remembered in 10 years, by who :coffee: unless your child was conceived while his song was playing I don't think anyone will remember who he is in 10 years :coffee:

Nope, he gets most of his attention from his following from his ballads & sex songs but he does dance tracks too.

Whether or not he'll be remembered doesn't mean anything. He's an elite respected innovative artist who keeps making the music he wants to make and has his own style & vision and shows no signs of only being in the industry for awards and pop hits. The only way he'd necessarily be forgotten by thems if he stopped making music all together. :coffee:

Nope, he gets most of his attention from his following from his ballads & sex songs but he does dance tracks too.

Whether or not he'll be remembered doesn't mean anything. He's an elite respected innovative artist who keeps making the music he wants to make and has his own style & vision and shows no signs of only being in the industry for awards and pop hits. The only way he'd necessarily be forgotten by thems if he stopped making music all together. :coffee:

Oh please :rolleyes: he's little more than a novelty act. "Elite" and "innovative"? Jarryl you don't even believe that :sigh:

Now, I'd like a bacon egg and cheese, run over to the bodega and bring me one. And I'll take a chocolate milk ^_^

• Upvote 1

They are... Treating him like he's an A-Lister.. Or as great as JT or as influential.. When he can't even sell 100k. Takes more than a voice and sex to push records and be great

Comparing RT to Sade :blink: ... Some people should really check their lies off at the door.

Robin Thicke has responded to the claims that Justin Timberlake's new single 'Suit & Tie' sounded exactly like his own work.

When Timberlake returned after a six-year hiatus from the music business with 'Suit & Tie', he sparked hashtags and trends on Twitter as people discussed the singer'sicon1.png return.

Thicke's name also became a trending topic on the social networking site as fans made comparisons between the two soul singersicon1.png.

Thicke told Vibe TV that he wasn't surprised with Timberlake's single being compared to his own sound and declared himself as a fan of the single.

He said: "The thing about Justin and I is that we're inspired by a lot of the same singersicon1.png - Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Stevie Wonder.

"So when you're inspired by the same masters, sometimes you're gonna make certain songsicon1.png that sound alike but I like the record. It grooves."

Although admitting to being a fan of JT's returning track, Thicke doubts that a collaboration would be the right idea.

He added: "Oh I don't know. There's just too much whiteness in one video.

"The good thing is that there's room for everybody's greatness to be realised and appreciated. That's what I enjoy."

=======================================

Oh please :rolleyes: he's little more than a novelty act. "Elite" and "innovative"? Jarryl you don't even believe that :sigh:

Now, I'd like a bacon egg and cheese, run over to the bodega and bring me one. And I'll take a chocolate milk ^_^

...you literally said that you don't know that much about his catalog so technically that really rules you out on all judgement

They are... Treating him like he's an A-Lister.. Or as great as JT or as influential.. When he can't even sell 100k. Takes more than a voice and sex to push records and be great

Comparing RT to Sade :blink: ... Some people should really check their lies off at the door.

LOFL the only 1 lying is you, he is better than JT (fact, the fact that JT copies him says that and says how influential he is) and who said he sold that much? I'm asking because I've been mocking you for 3 pages about how funny it is you judge good music by how much it's sold when in reality shitty music sells all the time.

...you literally said that you don't know that much about his catalog so technically that really rules you out on all judgement

LOFL the only 1 lying is you, he is better than JT (fact, the fact that JT copies him says that and says how influential he is) and who said he sold that much? I'm asking because I've been mocking you for 3 pages about how funny it is you judge good music by how much it's sold when in reality shitty music sells all the time.

I don't need an X-ray of the pony to see it has one trick :coffee:

• Upvote 1

You can always tell when someone is so pressed that they've practically starched themselves.....

#TRUTH, I can't with a person being mad that Robin's better than Justin & Justin's fans even saying knowing so. And said person pretty much agreeing to it weeks ago

I've never really understood the comparison between Justin and Robin. Obviously they're both white and lean heavily towards an urban sound, but that seems too easy for me. It's like when people make the argument that Robyn should be enjoying Lady Gaga's success. Because they're both blonde and make Pop? That's not enough. If you actually listen to their music it's very dissimilar. Justin is so heavily influenced by the Timbaland sound that it's hard to imagine what he'd sound like making R&B/Pop on his own now. Robin goes everywhere on his albums, he doesn't get enough credit for that.

Anyway, this my favourite Robin song. So damn sexy:

You wanted Mr. Big, Mr. Big is in your hands :wub:

You need to be somebody lawyer with all that fucking truth!!!!!!!! :w00t::yahoo:

I know, if it is Janet took mine with Someday Is Tonight when I was 10 LOL JP...kinda LOL.

WOA I never noticed that LOL.

But yea funny story about me & him, I remember in 2002 he was on 106th&Park as the new artist and whatever, and he was talking music and his love & passion for soul music and Im like "this hippy dude?" then they played his "When I Get You Alone".......and I was in love like that song was SO funky and so good, and those harmonies were everything, but I didn't know or remember his name, then 4yrs later Lost Without You happens and slays, and he's everywhere but dressed up & with short hair, and I had NO idea that he was the same guy that did When I get you alone (I wondered about that guy, I loved how he talked about Sou Music, and I loved the song), then he did a interview with Michael Baisden and Michael was ragging on him for how he used to look with the long hair........and it CLICKED and I youtubed Robin Thicke When I get you alone, and was SO happy to see that it was the same guy. I LOVE this song, takes me back, and them harmonies!

Oh shit I remember that song! Had no idea it was him

Robin Thicke has responded to the claims that Justin Timberlake's new single 'Suit & Tie' sounded exactly like his own work.

When Timberlake returned after a six-year hiatus from the music business with 'Suit & Tie', he sparked hashtags and trends on Twitter as people discussed the singer'sicon1.png return.

Thicke's name also became a trending topic on the social networking site as fans made comparisons between the two soul singersicon1.png.

Thicke told Vibe TV that he wasn't surprised with Timberlake's single being compared to his own sound and declared himself as a fan of the single.

He said: "The thing about Justin and I is that we're inspired by a lot of the same singersicon1.png - Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Stevie Wonder.

"So when you're inspired by the same masters, sometimes you're gonna make certain songsicon1.png that sound alike but I like the record. It grooves."

Although admitting to being a fan of JT's returning track, Thicke doubts that a collaboration would be the right idea.

He added: "Oh I don't know. There's just too much whiteness in one video.

"The good thing is that there's room for everybody's greatness to be realised and appreciated. That's what I enjoy."

=======================================

Boom! Just goes to show just cause he don't sell too much people know who he is. Robin lying like hell. He just don't wanna do a collabo with Justin cause he think Justin fake and although he would get more exposure and probably more popular by doing so he probably thinks people will start calling him out for it lol

U know what............. let me just leave before I have to burn this thread down.

Don't be Sked punk :rolleyes:
  • Upvote 1

Shoulda? I'm not here for non-nominations

Didn't know Elvis wasn't white.. Since he had a #1 r&b hit in 1956 :umm:

I'm not here for that. Hell there were hardly if any black stations back then and I definitely doubt they played too much of Elvis if any.

Elvis made black music... He had a #1... Probably more than one... Point is Robin's not the first

I only said that cause I read an article where it was stated that Robin was the first lol. IDK but i'm not here for Elvis. I heard he was prejudice so

Robin's not the first in anything.. You're making shit up to make him bigger than he actually is.. And he's a D-lister and you all will deal

I just read the article again and I ain't making shit up it says the 1st white male artist since George Michael 1988. I was reading fast and wanted to come back here and get on y'alls asses. Either way he still did it before Justina so idc :)

I just read the article again and I ain't making shit up it says the 1st white male artist since George Michael 1988. I was reading fast and wanted to come back here and get on y'alls asses. Either way he still did it before Justina so idc :)

That doesn't make him the first white person. You didn't get anyone since he wasn't the first

Justin's first album was released before RT's first.. JT came first boo.. That includes his BET Awards and Soul Train nominations Sorry :(