The Official Robin Thicke Thread

HollyHood

I'm sorry but what indicates that he was ever aiming to be in the History books? Not every singer who releases albums does it to make the most money, some people ACTUALLY likes to make good music for people to hear no matter how few or many. If his sales or recognition was a problem by his labels he would've been dropped years ago. And he clearly isn't forgotten when people are stealing from him to be relevant.

But all these reaches you make, he seems to have you really bothered....is it because your fave copied him and gets called a cheap immitation of him lately? I know if I were stanning for a lessor overrated artist who was getting compared negatively to someone I didn't like by their own fans, I'd have a problem with that too. But it says something that with you carring about sales so much (over quality ofcourse) you're seemingly pressed @ Robin because Justin has to copy him (because thats just how good & original Robin is).

That allegedy "bad, boring music" got your faves attention enough to visually copy for a whole era.

So again....we're all supposed to ONLY like artist & music that sells like crazy but sounds shitty at best?....yea not here for that, flopping underrated artist with good music is better than successful overated artist with shitty music.

good music is subjective... here for facts

JT isn't copying Robin :umm: Idk why y'all keep saying that... as if Robin has some kind of secret formula.. why isn't Usher doing it... plus this: "When asked about his comparisons to Timberlake, Thicke stated: "The thing about Justin and I is that we're inspired by a lot of the same singers - Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Stevie Wonder - so when you're inspired by the same masters, sometimes you're gonna make certain songs that sound alike"

so let's drop the copying crap.. we all know it's bull bc that's all you have in your pistol... it's kinda sad actually...

1) JT isn't my favorite.. but he's better than Robin

2) Robin is boring... it's not hate.. it's my truth... Both have the same opportunity.. except JT can push records... quality wise... I rather not be put to sleep

3) I didn't say you are suppose to like music that sells.. but don't diss the best sellers and future legends bc your fav male can't push records, garner an audience, and/or influence future generations

JT isn't copying Robin :umm: Idk why y'all keep saying that... as if Robin has some kind of secret formula.. why isn't Usher doing it... plus this: "When asked about his comparisons to Timberlake, Thicke stated: "The thing about Justin and I is that we're inspired by a lot of the same singers - Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Stevie Wonder - so when you're inspired by the same masters, sometimes you're gonna make certain songs that sound alike"

so let's drop the copying crap.. we all know it's bull bc that's all you have in your pistol... it's kinda sad actually...

2) Robin is boring... it's not hate.. it's my truth... Both have the same opportunity.. except JT can push records... quality wise... I rather not be put to sleep

3) I didn't say you are suppose to like music that sells.. but don't diss the best sellers and future legends bc your fav male can't push records, garner an audience, and/or influence future generations

True, but when Robins music has been continuously critically acclaimed.....

You say this but the majority of others (including other JT fans) say otherwise. And yup, I heard & read him saying that, but unlike Justin, Robin has his own style & image that he mixes with his influences, wheres Justin in almost Bey fashion just flat out copies/does impressions, of which he did with Robin.Usher doesnt because Usher sticks to 1 person when it comes to copying & thats the only & actual King of pop MJ, other than that he has his own style too. I wouldn't even drop it if it were just me & other non JT fans saying it, the fact that JT fans are also noticing....you should be used to it, cause it's true, and Ima continue to use it against JT & in Robin's favor, so thats just how thats gonna go boo :coffee: Just like you can continue to use his sales against him (legitimately & truthfully that & popularity is all you have against Robin thats true)....tho fans of the type of artist he is don't care.

1. Talent wise there is NO way on the planet earth or any galaxy that Justin's even halfway as good or better than Robin (or most vocalists/performers), Vocally NEVER, songwritting nope, dancing nope, originality HELL NO. Justin has sales.

2. Yup it's your opinion, to know his discography to know his performances, it's not the case. Both have the same oppertunity and both made the choices to be where they want to be. Robin could've done pop (better than JT) and paid with his daddy's money for all the promo in the world, but didn't he went the underground R&B route which aint about the money, and is a bout the quality and the music & integrity.It's not the popular choice but it's the respectable honorable 1.

3.LOL I'm not dissing them "Because of my faves sales" I diss them if they (or their music) suck...duh. Again for the millionth time (it really seems you don't get it), all that how much they push don't mean shit, I just care about the music itself. Janet, Mariah, MJ, Prince, Robin,Christina & all the other artist I love can have 5 fans, and as long as they make good music, I won't care, and will still diss a mediocre overatted act selling millions and it wont be because of anything other than the honest truth of my opinion of what they're presenting me with.

excuse me? who is this future legend?
  • Upvote 1

Taking each other's what now? :shifty: They're practically dating at this point :whistle:

Chille this is our 4Play LOL OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE LOL, thats seriously cracking me up.

excuse me? who is this future legend?

PSH, and I know thats right.

Leave ha Jarryl. Stawp it. You can diss Justin without bringing ma queen into it x

LOL!!! Heat of the moment I swear lol.

Point is 1's group success does not count with solo success (thus why singers from groups who go solo can still be nominated for best new artist when technically they weren't new, but as solo artist they are). Like if you don't have it on your own but you have it with the group, unless the group is featured with your name (Diana Ross & The Supremes, Martha & The Vandellas, Smokey Robinson & The Miricles) it dont count for individual success, because it wasn't JUST you making that music, even if you're Tito, Mary Wilson, or Latavia.

• Upvote 1

Point is 1's group success does not count with solo success (thus why singers from groups who go solo can still be nominated for best new artist when technically they weren't new, but as solo artist they are). Like if you don't have it on your own but you have it with the group, unless the group is featured with your name (Diana Ross & The Supremes, Martha & The Vandellas, Smokey Robinson & The Miricles) it dont count for individual success, because it wasn't JUST you making that music, even if you're Tito, Mary Wilson, or Latavia.

did you really have to explain something that's common sense? :sigh:
  • Upvote 1

That's fine and everything...but Justin still has two diamond albums with the group he fronted. He tasted what it's like before Flusher even though he had to share it. It might not be his success alone but it's still a big part of his success overall and a big part of him being able to go solo. Without group success there'd be no Diana Ross or Beyonce or Michael Jackson or Justin Timberlake.

PS Take the DR&TS off because before Diana Ross & The Supremes they were simply The Supremes. Kind of like how The Pussycat Dolls went to The Pussycat Dolls ft Nicole Scherzinger (but terribly failed LOL).

That's fine and everything...but Justin still has two diamond albums with the group he fronted. He tasted what it's like before Flusher even though he had to share it. It might not be his success alone but it's still a big part of his success overall and a big part of him being able to go solo. Without group success there'd be no Diana Ross or Beyonce or Michael Jackson or Justin Timberlake.

PS Take the DR&TS off because before Diana Ross & The Supremes they were simply The Supremes. Kind of like how The Pussycat Dolls went to The Pussycat Dolls ft Nicole Scherzinger (but terribly failed LOL).

Yea but Usher got it himself based on a album of songs that he did himself, his actual name is under that title, not a group name. Like by the logic of the group success counts for each individual member is also saying Joey Fucking Fat-one has 2 Diamond albums....uh-uh LOL. Usher having it on his own means more.

But the truth is thats how all of the "Full name & the group" titles go. Before Smokey & Martha's names in front of the groups both groups were The Miricles & The Vandellas, it always went that way, and yea in the PCD case it was just another fail...of many lol.

Yea but Usher got it himself based on a album of songs that he and his featured acts are on, his actual name is under that title, not a group name.

But the truth is thats how all of the "Full name & the group" titles go. Before Smokey & Martha's names in front of the groups both groups were The Miricles & The Vandellas, it always went that way, and yea in the PCD case it was just another fail...of many lol.

That's true and good for Flush but Justin still has two diamond albums regardless of whether it's in a group. Nothing you or I say can take that away. It's in his legacy along with his group going 2x platinum opening week with their sophomore album - does Usher have that? When he dies they'll talk about N*Sync first and then his solo career. I don't think he's a future legend though.

Exactly - without the group first they couldn't do that.

PCD was a big fail. They had so much potential but Antin fucked up.

That's true and good for Flush but Justin still has two diamond albums regardless of whether it's in a group. Nothing you or I say can take that away. It's in his legacy along with his group going 2x platinum opening week with their sophomore album - does Usher have that? When he dies they'll talk about N*Sync first and then his solo career. I don't think he's a future legend though.

Exactly - without the group first they couldn't do that.

PCD was a big fail. They had so much potential but Antin fucked up.

But with calculating results for 1s legacy most of the time they don't count group success with solo success. It's more so in the groups legacy, His success as a solo artist is the say so for his legacy, the group success is just extra but not really counting (like when a group member releases flop albums but hav grammies with the group, technically they have grammy's but not by their own success so they arent worth or seen as being that successful...Im so thinking Will.I.Am as I write this LOL).

Chille don't even get me started on the PCD lol, Nicole is living proof that I don't just dislike singers who have more success, relevance, or sales than my faves....cause by that logic she'd be 1 of mine....when in reality she's only a step or 2 above Justin in my book lol

But with calculating results for 1s legacy most of the time they don't count group success with solo success. It's more so in the groups legacy, His success as a solo artist is the say so for his legacy, the group success is just extra but not really counting (like when a group member releases flop albums but hav grammies with the group, technically they have grammy's but not by their own success so they arent worth or seen as being that successful...Im so thinking Will.I.Am as I write this LOL).

Chille don't even get me started on the PCD lol, Nicole is living proof that I don't just dislike singers who have more success, relevance, or sales than my faves....cause by that logic she'd be 1 of mine....when in reality she's only a step or 2 above Justin in my book lol

I see some truth. When MJ died more focus was on Thriller and the moonwalk. You didn't need to shade Kelly Rowland tho :rolleyes::lmao:! I still say group success counts though because I see it as - without the group the solo act wouldn't be there. Imagine if there was no J5 - there'd be no Janet or Michael. They'd still be in Gary.

• Upvote 1

I see some truth. When MJ died more focus was on Thriller and the moonwalk. You didn't need to shade Kelly Rowland tho :rolleyes::lmao:! I personally count group success though because I see it as - without the group the solo act wouldn't be there. Imagine if there was no J5 - there'd be no Janet or Michael. They'd still be in Gary.

:o ..............oh fuck ME, I so didn't even think about Kelly when typing that....GODDAMNIT, I so don't mean to shade the people I love LOL. FUCK! I ONLY really count group success when it's severly like you said and I don't think they really could've got off the ground without them. For MJ & Justin I wouldn't because I think they both had the drive (MJ had the tons of talent, Justin had the looks and a little bit of talent) and I think both could've gotten far on their own, as far? No, but far.I feel the same about Diana & Bey too.

:o ..............oh fuck ME, I so didn't even think about Kelly when typing that....GODDAMNIT, I so don't mean to shade the people I love LOL. FUCK! I ONLY really count group success when it's severly like you said and I don't think they really could've got off the ground without them. For MJ & Justin I wouldn't because I think they both had the drive (MJ had the tons of talent, Justin had the looks and a little bit of talent) and I think both could've gotten far on their own, as far? No, but far.I feel the same about Diana & Bey too.

Poor Kelly... Even her stans shade here without knowing

JT had a little talent? Enough talent to pen hits and open doors for himself

PS: name ONE what male or female artist that's 100% original, that debuted in the 2000s