2013 VMAs

TwistedElegance™

No it doesn't matter. In the 90s you had white and black artists having success with R&B. It's just when one group of people seem to be the only ones having success with it, it is a problem. Again, race isn't the only factor, but to say it isn't one is crazy.

Everyone not named Beyonce, Usher (sometimes), and Chris Brown (sometimes).

A major part of that is the artist itself.. They're past their prime.. Another part is the music itself.. It's not always about race.

Chris Brown? :lmao:

R&B is a dying genre... It's being morphed into other genres.. And that's great

You ask these white r&b artists who their influences are.. 9/10 they will say a black artist.. Or Madonna which went r&b in the 90s no?

It's all about generations..

I thought Game made that title up! :lmao: When Jimmy Fallon said it last night, I gagged! :lmao:

I gagged too :lmao:! I thought Game was being extra but then MTV and then Jimmy said it and I was like "Somewhere in Cleveland, Gameisha is doing this:

grinch-smile-o.gif

:lmao:!!

I may roll with it -_-

• Upvote 1

King is MJ

and anything else is corny.. President is unique and fits (popular vote.. Elected.. Etc)

President is just as corny as anything else. Titles are for those that were first. Justin and his team seem like they're reaching with this president mess.

• Upvote 1

President is just as corny as anything else. Titles are for those that were first. Justin and his team seem like they're reaching with this president mess.

First? No..

Reaching? No. If he wasn't popular or didn't have the highest selling album this year and best first week then it would be unnecessary.. I think it fits him well..

“It’s the VMAs. It’s not the Grammys. We’re talking about Madonna in a wedding dress humping the stage, we’re talking about Britney doing a striptease. This cycle is not uncommon. … I’m saying she’s young, take it easy on her. I think ['We Can't Stop'] is jammin’ when I hear it on the radio. I like all the bears. To me, it’s almost like if something like that doesn’t happen at the VMAs, then I feel like it was boring.” - Justin Timberlake

Truth.

• Upvote 1

I wish someone young and upcoming in the music industry would just take a stand against the 'sex sells' mentality of music today. It's a joke :sigh:

I heard this Ariana Grande girl is good. I think she's Bieber's age. Not sure if she's gone down the sex sells road. Sadly those people don't get as much airtime or media rec.

That's one way to look at music.. But not all music should "save" people...

I'm not sure how Thriller "saved" people

Yeah but that was 1982... I'm talking about today and within the 21st century. Michael's later lyrics had great meaning.