2013 VMAs

TwistedElegance™

Mean Girls & Clueless are both universally loved lol, the straights like both too.

they're not universal.. they're straight chick flix and you will have to deal... women and gays are the only demographic of the movies (mostly women but any type of comedy featuring women are automatically a crossover for the gays)

None of them won/Nominated for an Oscars or Academy Awards so let's cut the "heavily awarded" card... Clueless didn't win anything... And Mean Girls was nominated and won a handful of Mtv and Teen Choice awards... the only one of the three that has a wider-range of awards is Braidsmaid for some odd reason.. I don't know why though

Not an opinion.. Marketing fact.. Gays & girls love these 3 movies... straight men and masculine who watch comic book-on-screen-adaptions don't care for these movies

which is why JoeJoe (a masculine guy) hasn't bother watching these movies.... don't get me wrong.. they're apart of gay-cinema.. every gay should experience these movies... but they're not universal movies where straight guys would have these dvds/blurays laying around in their collection

I see no lies and I love comic movies. I've never seen "Clueless" either lol. I'd only watch movies like that if there was nothing on tv or if there was absolutely nothing else for me to do

I just want to note that this year's VMAs was watched by 10 million people... Last year it was watched by 6.1 million.. The year, 2011, was 12 million

I mean....you take away best R&B video, but have white artists singing R&B music in the pop category. I don't understand the confusion.

You're doing too much.. Too much "black power" and not enough equality

I just want to note that this year's VMAs was watched by 10 million people... Last year it was watched by 6.1 million.. The year, 2011, was 12 million

You're doing too much.. Too much "black power" and not enough equality

Explain this

I mean....you take away best R&B video, but have white artists singing R&B music in the pop category. I don't understand the confusion.

Yeah I didn't get that. I felt that MTV was trying to kill R&B by taking that genre away. No one is really checking for rock like that either but they keep its category.

Yeah I didn't get that. I felt that MTV was trying to kill R&B by taking that genre away. No one is really checking for rock like that either but they keep its category.

Yeah. I don't get why they took it away. It's not like they have to televise it.

they're not universal.. they're straight chick flix and you will have to deal... women and gays are the only demographic of the movies (mostly women but any type of comedy featuring women are automatically a crossover for the gays)

None of them won/Nominated for an Oscars or Academy Awards so let's cut the "heavily awarded" card... Clueless didn't win anything... And Mean Girls was nominated and won a handful of Mtv and Teen Choice awards... the only one of the three that has a wider-range of awards is Braidsmaid for some odd reason.. I don't know why though

Not an opinion.. Marketing fact.. Gays & girls love these 3 movies... straight men and masculine who watch comic book-on-screen-adaptions don't care for these movies

which is why JoeJoe (a masculine guy) hasn't bother watching these movies.... don't get me wrong.. they're apart of gay-cinema.. every gay should experience these movies... but they're not universal movies where straight guys would have these dvds/blurays laying around in their collection

Um no, I would have to deal if they were genrally or regularly regarded as chick flicks, but since it's out of the normal for them to be put in that subject then no,

LOL Ok people who strictly like comic book movies probably wouldn't like or get them, but people who like comedies do & did, and it includes straight men. If not they'd be romantic comedies (aka actual gay/chick flicks). Thus again the reason why these movies are generally respected and watched in all crowds is because of the comedy, vs. a typical chick flick which aren't nearly as celebrated or respected as the 3 films in question.

Now if you're labelling them chick flicks because they're starring mostly women, it makes sense, but the content and type of comedy say otherwise

Now about the nominations...um............Bridesmaids got nominated for everything (Oscars & Golden Globes included), the latter too didn't get nominated for the prestigeous awards that I know of, but instead they're on most film critics/publications "Best Comedy" lists, a feat that typical chick flicks don't get.

Straight guys who love comedic movies would and do. If they werent universal movies they wouldn't make so many Universal lists.

It's a reach and you know it.

I'm not sure who votes for the winners but if you think it's some board of directors, you're crazy

The only thing MTV chose was Justin's Janet Jackson Video Vanguard Award

What does this have to do with what I was talking about? :unsure:I said that they took away the R&B category and have white artists singing r&b in the pop category. I know that Justin's and Robin's songs were pop hits, so they deserve to be there. I'm really concerned about the R&B category not being present at all. Ultimately, the underlying issue is with black r&b artists struggling, while some white artists make similarish music and are successful.

• Upvote 1

What does this have to do with what I was talking about? :unsure: I said that they took away the R&B category and have white artists singing r&b in the pop category. I know that Justin's and Robin's songs were pop hits, so they deserve to be there. I'm really concerned about the R&B category not being present at all. Ultimately, the underlying issue is with black r&b artists struggling, while some white artists make similarish music and are successful.

#CLOCKED

What does this have to do with what I was talking about? :unsure:I said that they took away the R&B category and have white artists singing r&b in the pop category. I know that Justin's and Robin's songs were pop hits, so they deserve to be there. I'm really concerned about the R&B category not being present at all. Ultimately, the underlying issue is with black r&b artists struggling, while some white artists make similarish music and are successful.

If the songs are r&b does it matter what color the skin is... Black artists are struggling? Which ones? I think the Latin artists are struggling.. More so. What about the British invaders.. You know whose not struggling.. Canadians :umm:

But seriously... Why can't we share r&b.. Aren't all genres shared? Why does it have to be a race thing? Immediately you make it about race instead of the fact the music is just not as good as.. Well Justin's (in your example).

wrong

www.statista.com/statistics/188910/us-music-album-sales-by-genre-2010/

Rock is the most popular music genre last year... double the amount it of #2... Alternative... followed by R&B

this changes every year but that's the lastest data

I'm not saying it's the only factor, but I feel race plays a role. I admit Robin isn't entirely a solid example, because white America didn't really use him until Blurred Lines. I'll replace him with Adele. :asham:

I don't really feel like continuing this conversation right now.

I'm not saying it's the only factor, but I feel race plays a role. I admit Robin isn't entirely a solid example, because white America didn't really use him until Blurred Lines. I'll replace him with Adele. :asham:

I don't really feel like continuing this conversation right now.

Adele is British and didn't use her until she wowed the world with great music.. Yes the genre was r&b but it was amazing

Ok :unsure:

wrong

www.statista.com/statistics/188910/us-music-album-sales-by-genre-2010/

Rock is the most popular music genre last year... double the amount it of #2... Alternative... followed by R&B

this changes every year but that's the lastest data

By looking that the the genres that were used and the best selling albums then, the definition of 'Rock' is more wider on that site than how I would describe it. I think the likes of Gaga, Bieber, and Ke$ha are considered "rock" according to their definition.

If the songs are r&b does it matter what color the skin is... Black artists are struggling? Which ones? I think the Latin artists are struggling.. More so. What about the British invaders.. You know whose not struggling.. Canadians :umm:

But seriously... Why can't we share r&b.. Aren't all genres shared? Why does it have to be a race thing? Immediately you make it about race instead of the fact the music is just not as good as.. Well Justin's (in your example).

No it doesn't matter. In the 90s you had white and black artists having success with R&B. It's just when one group of people seem to be the only ones having success with it, it is a problem. Again, race isn't the only factor, but to say it isn't one is crazy.

Everyone not named Beyonce, Usher (sometimes), and Chris Brown (sometimes).

• Upvote 1