Debbie Deb comes for Janhovas iconic cover

bu.

I agree

She had people producing her who didn't know how to layer her vocals and she was singing in keys that were way to high. As quiet as its kept, 20YO did as much damage to her career as the event that shall not be discussed. She needed a GREAT album coming off of so much bad press and 20YO was not it. It was Immature, creatively lazy and worst of all boring. Ironically it contains one of her best songs and best vocal performances in "Enjoy". That song should have been the direction for the entire album. Instead she let her man try to turn her into a hood chick. :umm: That was a hard era for me as a fan. -_-

Nah. The pop side of Virgin stopped promoting her. That's why she went with an R&B/Hip-hop album. That was a dumb decision because it alienated the WW fanbase. She should have appealed to the world audience. Hopefully she's smart and will do that with her next album.

Ugh, will leave the JT vs. Robin shit alone...this time.

Anyway I don't think Janets version is dreadful, or even worst than the original. BUT it's just not 1 of her best....reminds me more of Discipline than 20Y.O., speaking of which, I'll gladly take 20 Y.O. vocals over Discipline vocals,...Weekend vocals included.

Anyway some fans like the song but most hate it, and then you got me where, I just like it, but I don't crave it, or love it, but deserved to be a bonus track or a demo track at best.

• Upvote 1

Im glad I wasn't cause shit, theres a way to be respectful about what you don't like, & when it comes to artist that we like & love and ESPECIALLY when you're on their official turf, 1 would think thats common sense.

Like I got shade for days for Greatest Ex, but if it were a song that she gave as a gift on Her site, Ima keep the shade quiet and just say constructively & respectfully what I don't like about it, and/or what I do....but since it's her most forgettable song in my book, I cant remember what's to like lol

I agree with Aed05 for the first time in a long time.. no one liked that song when it was "gifted" to us.. JD ruined the production of that track for sure

Yeah from what I can remember everyone was like wtf is this -_-

It was wack

Nah. The pop side of Virgin stopped promoting her. That's why she went with an R&B/Hip-hop album. That was a dumb decision because it alienated the WW fanbase. She should have appealed to the world audience. Hopefully she's smart and will do that with her next album.

THIS!!! Finally someone says it. lol

Considering what was dominating music at the time, I wouldn't call it a dumb decision, but I also wished she had focused more so on an international audience. Then again, Virgin wasn't promoting Janet internationally either. She was in a Catch 22.

I agree

She had people producing her who didn't know how to layer her vocals and she was singing in keys that were way to high. As quiet as its kept, 20YO did as much damage to her career as the event that shall not be discussed. She needed a GREAT album coming off of so much bad press and 20YO was not it. It was Immature, creatively lazy and worst of all boring. Ironically it contains one of her best songs and best vocal performances in "Enjoy". That song should have been the direction for the entire album. Instead she let her man try to turn her into a hood chick. :umm: That was a hard era for me as a fan. -_-

YOU BETTA SAY THAT SHIT!!!!

I agree

I loved her vocals on "With U"...I don't think I can remember a song where she sang like that with a lower register. The song was magic and was a mistake not to release

Yea 20 Y.O. vocals as a whole were several steps down from DJ (which I consider her best vocal 00's era), but still it was higher than Discipline, like EVERY song had those whisper vocals, and only glimpses of her range, like to the morons who beleive "Janet can't sing, she can just whisper" thats their album that vindicates them...Wheres everything pre 20 Y.O. just about shuts that down.

Take Care>>>>>>>>>>

I enjoyed 20 Y.O. I know some fans hated it, but I liked that she tried something different..even if it flopped.

Some of my family members loved COM and Sex. Even a couple of my friends who aren't necessarily fans did too. I guess the hardcore fans/stans felt that it was kinda weak when she has classics like Control and RN. I understand that we are spoiled and we can be our faves greatest downfall.

Now that she's writing again, hopefully it can translate into something more personal.

• Upvote 4

I think I'm the only Janet fan who doesn't go crazy for Enjoy..

I don't either :lol: I used too when i first heard it but it kinda got "old" too quickly for me, i hardly ever give it any spins.

Take Care, This Boday and rockwitchu stay shitting on the whole 20 copies sold alberm