'90s Survivor: 1994 - Winner Announced!

TwistedElegance™

I was thinking, a good idea is if you have the time, when the top 10 is SET, just write the writeups and watch what #'s they fall in to add the final touches then it probably would free up alot more daily time I'd imagine, and would be MUCH less annoying or tedious than having to write a new 1 completely every day

• Upvote 1

Excellent description; also it was Prince's most successful song under the symbol moniker. ^_^

Sir Elton John :( Even though it's from my all-time favorite movie (I prefer the movie version anyway, and I assume that's not factored lol) Strictly musically tho, 90s R&B is my first love.

• Upvote 1

OIF41lc.jpg

Writers: Elton John, Tim Rice

Producer: Chris Thomas

Label: Disney

Claiming sixth position for 1994 is Elton John with the timeless 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight'. Written for the animated classic The Lion King, 'Love Tonight' was described by Elton as a welcome opportunity as he had a say in how the songs he'd written for the movie were used. Along with lyricist and author Tim Rice, Elton contributed more than half the songs on the top-selling soundtrack - three of which were nominated for Best Original Song at the 1995 Academy Awards, with 'Love Tonight' taking home the Oscar. The song also earned Elton a Golden Globe and a Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance. Just a few years out of rehab, the soundtrack provided a career resurgence for Elton which led to writing for more musicals like Aida and Billy Elliot. Backing vocals on the song were performed by an interesting mix of people including Kiki Dee, Gary Barlow, Rick Astley and Robert Englund; the voice of Freddy Krueger. The song reached No. 4 on the Hot 100 while peaking at No. 14 in the UK and going Top 10 in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Sweden and France.

Songs remaining (in alphabetical order):

Any Time, Any Place - Janet Jackson

Breathe Again - Toni Braxton

Creep - TLC

Whatta Man - Salt-N-Pepa feat. En Vogue

Without You - Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey

:o

I KNOW I KNOW....I love it...and the era but.....

Love Should Brought Yo Ass Home>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Another Sad Love Song>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seven Whole LIVES Given>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You Mean The World To Me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How Many Ways>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and then

Breathe Again>>>>>>>>>

I've always felt that way LOL, it all boils down to I get kind of annoyed with all the "If I Never", but I love the "And I can't stop Thinkin About"s and the "Bareathe Again"s lol

• Upvote 1

6 is correct. 'Black Or White', 'Remember The Time', 'In The Closet', 'Will You Be There', 'Scream/Childhood' and 'You Are Not Alone'. Well done, Andy!

wZ2m7LH.jpg

Writers: Cheryl "Salt" James, Dave Crawford, Hurby "Luv Bug" Azor

Producer: Hurby "Luv Bug" Azor

Label: Next Plateau/London

Leaving the countdown in fifth place for 1994 are two of the most influential groups of the '90s, Salt-N-Pepa and En Vogue. Their smash duet 'Whatta Man' was a reworking of soul singer Linda Lyndell's 'What a Man' from 1968, retaining the original's irresistible hook while adding in rap verses from all three members of Salt-N-Pepa. The song was nominated for a Grammy at the 1995 ceremony for Best R&B Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group but lost to Boyz II Men's monstrous 'I'll Make Love To You'. However, it was a big winner at the 1994 MTV VMAs where it won Best Dance Video, Best R&B Video and Best Choreography, beating out the likes of Crystal Waters' '100% Pure Love', Toni Braxton's 'Breathe Again' and Janet Jackson's 'If' respectively. The track was a hit in Australia where it peaked at No. 2. Back home in the US the song made it to No. 3 on the Hot 100, whilst going Top 10 in the UK and New Zealand.

Songs remaining (in alphabetical order):

Any Time, Any Place - Janet Jackson

Breathe Again - Toni Braxton

Creep - TLC

Without You - Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey