The Super Bowl XLVIII Thread

Reyna ♔

Exactly and what exactly is gonna make him an Icon? We already got James Brown and Prince which he's a mixture of so yeah

Except James was strictly funk & R&B for the most part and unlike Prince Bruno is also family friendly as well as for adults with the sexual innuendo. The thing that makes Bruno brilliant and will continue to be a force for years to come is yes his influences are obvious, but he's not a direct copy of ANYONE, and thats what works for him, and that's why he's not going anywhere but the top for years to come, he's just brilliant, and something we havent seen out of a new artist in decades

Except James was strictly funk & R&B for the most part and unlike Prince Bruno is also family friendly as well as for adults with the sexual innuendo. The thing that makes Bruno brilliant and will continue to be a force for years to come is yes his influences are obvious, but he's not a direct copy of ANYONE, and thats what works for him, and that's why he's not going anywhere but the top for years to come, he's just brilliant, and something we havent seen out of a new artist in decades

Miguel >>>>>>>> BruNO

Miguel >>>>>>>> BruNO

LOFL literally in your dreams. It's funny you think that cause quite frankly tho I love Miguel, he's more of the exact mix of James & Prince than Bruno. Bruno's way more eclectic & diverse than Miguel, plus Bruno's just as famous of a writer/producer (Wrote CeeLo's Fuck You) as he is a artist, so yea that can remain your opinion, but if we're going by talent recognition, diversity, and the 1 headed into iconic status......Bruno's getting there MUCH quicker than Miguel will if Miguel will.

• Upvote 1

How did Bruno do? I haven't got around to watching it yet.

He slayed, he basically demonstrated why he's awesome, started on a drum solo where he killed them drums (it's refreshing to see after celebs like Beiber do their "hey I can play drums too" and it be basically nothing, someone ACTUALLY be able to PLAY & SLAY the drums), his vocals were amazing, he did his lil old school dancing great, he & RHCP got REAL hype and then he ended with Just The Way You Are, and it was just great. My only complaint is I wish it was more songs. But this was really great.

He slayed, he basically demonstrated why he's awesome, started on a drum solo where he killed them drums (it's refreshing to see after celebs like Beiber do their "hey I can play drums too" and it be basically nothing, someone ACTUALLY be able to PLAY & SLAY the drums), his vocals were amazing, he did his lil old school dancing great, he & RHCP got REAL hype and then he ended with Just The Way You Are, and it was just great. My only complaint is I wish it was more songs. But this was really great.

WOW that sounds great! Looking forward to it. I suppose with the more songs thing - because he's still fairly new he doesn't have enough songs for such a huge event. Maybe in 20 years, if he's still around and popular, he'll do it again :lol:

Haha yes! How were the Red Hot Chilli Peppers involved?

With his song Runaway Baby, he added "give it away" in the way of the RHCP song, and then they busted out and did that whole song, Bruno & the Hooligans were still there and they were JAMMIN & Jumpin and gettin hype, they slayed as well, I forgot how much I loved that song honestly.

(I didn't mention the setlist was Locked out of Heaven feat a kickass drum solo opener supplied by the lil man himself, Treasure, Runaway Baby, Give It Away feat.RHCP & Just The Way You Are)

With his song Runaway Baby, he added "give it away" in the way of the RHCP song, and then they busted out and did that whole song, Bruno & the Hooligans were still there and they were JAMMIN & Jumpin and gettin hype, they slayed as well, I forgot how much I loved that song honestly.

(I didn't mention the setlist was Locked out of Heaven feat a kickass drum solo opener supplied by the lil man himself, Treasure, Runaway Baby, Give It Away feat.RHCP & Just The Way You Are)

UGH! I cannot WAIT to see this!!