The Super Bowl XLVIII Thread

Reyna ♔

Eww I can't believe Bruno had more viewers but i'ma need y'all to realize a lot of people wanted to see the Halftime show also because of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. They're the only reason why I even saw some of the halftime show.

Bruno still has both his albums in the top 10 on Itunes..

The implication that the ratings serge was mostly due to RHCP more than him... And that even if that was the case for most of the boost, it still went to his sales, so watching for RHCP or Bruno, the success is Bruno's

sorry but the implication was your assumption because I never said nor implicated people wanted to see the Chili Peppers "MORE" than him. I said "a lot of people also wanted to see the halfime show because of them" and I can tell you that's the only reason why I tuned in. Y'all really think Bruno would've had that many millions of viewers and top Beyonce's halftime show if he was by himself? :lol: He's not that big of a superstar and he ain't sold that many albums. It's not like he's breaking touring records either. If y'all gonna give him credit for those viewers y'all need to give it to whoever he shared the stage with too. Notice RHCP was added to the lineup cause i'm sure executives knew they needed another act to pull in huge numbers. Did they have to add anybody to Janet's, Beyonce's, Madonna's, Michael's, or Prince's? Nope :coffee:

sorry but the implication was your assumption because I never said nor implicated people wanted to see the Chili Peppers "MORE" than him. I said "a lot of people also wanted to see the halfime show because of them" and I can tell you that's the only reason why I tuned in. Y'all really think Bruno would've had that many millions of viewers and top Beyonce's halftime show if he was by himself? :lol: He's not that big of a superstar and he ain't sold that many albums. It's not like he's breaking touring records either. If y'all gonna give him credit for those viewers y'all need to give it to whoever he shared the stage with too. Notice RHCP was added to the lineup cause i'm sure executives knew they needed another act to pull in huge numbers. Did they have to add anybody to Janet's, Beyonce's, Madonna's, Michael's, or Prince's? Nope :coffee:

Nice theory but the truth is, Bruno's very much loved by all audiences, genres, races & age groups (as proven with the rattings and rave reviews of not only that performance but him as a artist, musician, & performer), so most of the people who would've watched just for RHCP (like you) were already watching the game, most who were watching JUST for Bruno (like me) didn't give 2 shits about the game and turned for him. And you say that you didn't imply what I said you did, but your follow up question is another implication to the original LOFL. And no they don't need that much credit, they were the feature he was the headliner, he wins. :D

And at that last sentence, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Janet's had JUSTIN, Diddy, Nelly, & Kid Rock. Bey's was a DC reunion, and Madges had LMFAO, Ceelo, MIA & Nicki.....so there goes that theory :lmao: But hey you get points for Prince & Michael, but they were also Prince & Michael. not an artist barely 5 years and 2 albums into their success, yet he topped their views.

Nice theory but the truth is, Bruno's very much loved by all audiences, genres, races & age groups (as proven with the rattings and rave reviews of not only that performance but him as a artist, musician, & performer), so most of the people who would've watched just for RHCP (like you) were already watching the game, most who were watching JUST for Bruno (like me) didn't give 2 shits about the game and turned for him. And you say that you didn't imply what I said you did, but your follow up question is another implication to the original LOFL. And no they don't need that much credit, they were the feature he was the headliner, he wins. :D

You can't say that for certain. It's possible that some people tuned in just for RCHP (and didn't watch the game). There were 2 artists involved with completely different audiences and markets. Some will have tuned in just for Bruno, some just for RCHP and some for both. Some were already watching the game and stayed for the show and so on and so forth. It's impossible to determine because we don't have a statistic for who tuned in for what - yet (if ever). With RCHP being a veteran act with a much larger following than Bruno and no new music out they're not likely to be in the top 10 on iTunes like Bruno. But their sales probably have increased as well. Either way - both win. Bruno probably more-so because more people will know about him now. Although the same could be said for RCHP and the younger crowd who tuned in for just Bruno. I do think Bruno wins more though simply because he's still new and getting bigger by the day.

• Upvote 1

You can't say that for certain. It's possible that some people tuned in just for RCHP (and didn't watch the game). There were 2 artists involved with completely different audiences and markets. Some will have tuned in just for Bruno, some just for RCHP and some for both. Some were already watching the game and stayed for the show and so on and so forth. It's impossible to determine because we don't have a statistic for who tuned in for what - yet (if ever). With RCHP being a veteran act with a much larger following than Bruno and no new music out they're not likely to be in the top 10 on iTunes like Bruno. But their sales probably have increased as well. Either way - both win. Bruno probably more-so because more people will know about him now. Although the same could be said for RCHP and the younger crowd who tuned in for just Bruno. I do think Bruno wins more though simply because he's still new and getting bigger by the day.

Well yea I wasn't saying every single person who tuned in for RHCP also watched the game and every person that tuned in for Bruno didn't, I was speaking in the general sense. But yea you get and said my general point it was Bruno's show featuring them so regardless to how many more or less tuned in for him or them, the most to gain was him, tho like you pointed out they had alot to gain too, but as the case with any featured act, the biggest winner is the headliner.

If we went by "ratings" of a halftime show. That would be like saying BRUNO is bigger than all the icons that ever performed ..and we know he is NOWHERE in the ballpark of their level of fame :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: so at the end of the day he needs more than ratings to prove he's "liked by all audiences" .. his demographic is not as broad as you make it sound. If u were to ask an 80 yr old man who he was....he would have no clue. Bruno is not as massive as someone like...hmmm JT for example :lol: (I kno u hate JT is so huge but you'll deal one day.) Stop with the premature assumptions of what Bruno's legacy will be..he has a lot of work to put in. My god, you ppl :lmao: :lmao: He's a lil twerp who's a Jackson 5, Elvis,Prince,James,Jackie Wilson rip off but then yall wanna talk about how Chris,Usher,JT and other male acts are MJ CLONES???? :mellow::blink: :blink: it makes no fuckin sense. Hypocrisy to its highest form (as usual). Laughable.Delusional.Insane. And Jarry you can type up a whole dictionary following this but at the end of the day..his ratings does not equate to his popularity. Becuz those other icons are ALL BIGGER than he is and will ever BE. THat can't be debated ...so will have to just accept. The End.

• Upvote 2

Thank You!!!

If we went by "ratings" of a halftime show. That would be like saying BRUNO is bigger than all the icons that ever performed ..and we know he is NOWHERE in the ballpark of their level of fame :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: so at the end of the day he needs more than ratings to prove he's "liked by all audiences" .. his demographic is not as broad as you make it sound. If u were to ask an 80 yr old man who he was....he would have no clue. Bruno is not as massive as someone like...hmmm JT for example :lol: (I kno u hate JT is so huge but you'll deal one day.) Stop with the premature assumptions of what Bruno's legacy will be..he has a lot of work to put in. My god, you ppl :lmao: :lmao: He's a lil twerp who's a Jackson 5, Elvis,Prince,James,Jackie Wilson rip off but then yall wanna talk about how Chris,Usher,JT and other male acts are MJ CLONES???? :mellow::blink: :blink: it makes no fuckin sense. Hypocrisy to its highest form (as usual). Laughable.Delusional.Insane. And Jarry you can type up a whole dictionary following this but at the end of the day..his ratings does not equate to his popularity. Becuz those other icons are ALL BIGGER than he is and will ever BE. THat can't be debated ...so will have to just accept. The End.

e-fuckin-xactly!!!! He just needs to stop. For him to bring up Nelly and Kid Rock and P.Diddy there was a reason they got so little time on stage. No one even remembers they were on stage and they weren't even announced during the promo for the Superbowl commercials. It was all about Janet. However when Bruno was announced during the promos so were the Chili Peppers who are Icons themselves.
  • Upvote 1

Justin Timberlake vs. Bruno Mars...? :unsure: Is this really where we are at in life? What kind of Twilight Zone fuckery? :blink::wacko:

It's not about "vs" there's an underlining point to display how ppl can be hypocritical, one sided flawed "rational thinkers". Don't excuse away one person's level of notoriety but praise another's. It's idiotic..pure and simple.That's the reason JT was mentioned :mellow: You have to paint a picture for ppl on here cause if they don't "see it" they don't get it..

It's not about "vs" there's an underlining point to display how ppl can be hypocritical, one sided flawed "rational thinkers". Don't excuse away one person's level of notoriety but praise another's. It's idiotic..pure and simple.That's the reason JT was mentioned :mellow: You have to paint a picture for ppl on here cause if they don't "see it" they don't get it..

rational thinkers are a thing of the past, they are on the same shelf as beanie babies, Gigapets, Ashanti's career and Lil Kims old face. It most certainly isn't anything new here that people are hypocritical and one sided with their opinions and views. So my question to you would be...If Justin was not brought up, would you care as much to get your point across? :huh:

But who said he was bigger than the other acts? :lmao: You really think that's what I'm saying? Wow. so wait you're now claiming to know every single 80 yr old man in the world? Sorry but I actually do know men & women over 80 who like him because of his style and that he's reminicent of stars back in their day with natural talent soooo there goes that theory. And it's Ok that JT is as big as he is, overrated under talented MJ clones get attention all the time, Im use to this. You have to deal with Bruno more than likely pulling what Rihanna did to Bey, being from a later generation and over shadowing in a very short time. It's so cute when you guys say he's a copy of this & that, but...you're only really talking about his image, I mean I can't think of any artist you named doing Locked out of Heaven, that's not any of their styles lyrically or theme wise...it's his cause that's what separates him from being a carbon copy of anything like your fave Justin, he actually has his own style. That's why it's not hypocrisy, whether you like it or not (you don't, we know). He still gets the most points for the rattings game which means you still get the points for being mad. That's soooo cute that you made up in your mind I think he's bigger than all the other performers before him, but alas I'm not surprised, that was basically how you assume I'd think, yet I didn't say he was a legend at all, yet.

e-fuckin-xactly!!!! He just needs to stop. For him to bring up Nelly and Kid Rock and P.Diddy there was a reason they got so little time on stage. No one even remembers they were on stage and they weren't even announced during the promo for the Superbowl commercials. It was all about Janet. However when Bruno was announced during the promos so were the Chili Peppers who are Icons themselves.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I need to stop? You said Janet's Superbowl's didn't feature anyone else, and because they didn't get mentioned in the commercial...that means they weren't featured? You make it sound like RHCP got just as much airtime and songs as he did. They were FEATURED, we knew that regardless, so at the end of the day he still gets more credit.