Kanye .. "Madonna is the Greastest Visual Musical Artist OF ALL TIME

janetDAYZ

Move Over Beyonce! Kanye West Declares Madonna 'The Greatest Visual Musical Artist' Of All TimeThe rapper also calls himself a 'prodigy out of Chicago'

Kanye West Tickets

It must be said that Kanye West has no problem praising other musicians where credit is due and it looks as though the Queen of Pop Madonna has become the latest star lucky enough to be on the receiving end of the the rapper's kind words, as he has declared the iconic singer “the greatest visual musical artist” of all time.

In a candid chat with 12 Years a Slave director Steve McQueen for Interview magazine, Kanye, 36, discusses the current state of pop culture and notes Madonna's influence on the industry and her ability to channel different looks in a comment which bares a striking similarity to the incident when he interrupted Taylor Swift's VMAs acceptance speech to state that Beyonce had the "greatest music video of all time."

Kanye West has shared his opinions on pop culture once again (WENN)

“Madonna, I think, is the greatest visual musical artist that we've ever had,” Kanye told McQueen in the interview.

“If you look at her photo log, the photographers that she was able to work with throughout her career framed her in the proper way. It was the proper context. It was that visual that made sure that everything was gonna cut through in a certain way.”

As is traditional with Kanye's interviews these days, the 'New Slaves' rapper also mentioned his own artistic background and even hails himself as one of the greatest artists to emerge from his hometown Chicago.

“I'm a trained fine artist. I went to art school from the time I was 5 years old. I was, like, a prodigy out of Chicago,” Kanye stated.

Madonna has been praised for her photographic career by Yeezus (WENN)

“I'd been in national competitions from the age of 14. I got three scholarships to art schools - to St. Xavier, to the American Academy of Art, and to the Art Institute of Chicago - and I went to the American Academy of Art.”

He continued: “So the joke that I've actually played on everyone is that the entire time, I've actually just been a fine artist. I just make sonic paintings, and these sonic paintings have led me to become whatever people think of when you say 'Kanye West'.

• Upvote 1

There's some half truths in there tbh. She's certainly one of the best.

But to be the GREATEST visual artist don't you have to be as original as possible? I'm sure she's borrowed a lot from those before her (and put her own stamp on it)?

• Upvote 1

....should we all pitch in and send him a DVD of Design Of A Decade & From janet. to Damita Jo?....I'm all about charity :coffee:

But seriously Bu's comment is all truth

There's some half truths in there tbh. She's certainly one of the best.

But to be the GREATEST visual artist don't you have to be as original as possible? I'm sure she's borrowed a lot from those before her (and put her own stamp on it)?

• Upvote 1

I don't know what's the big deal, it's just an opinion...and not a particularly outrageous one at that.

Right,...you'd think he said somebody like Ciara. This isn't the first time someone has said this about Mdolla...infact she gets more credit for her visuals than her actual "talent". Her career for the most part had been a back handed compliment. Without her eye for great visuals..she would not be Madonna..cuz her talent alone wasn't gonna get her there.

• Upvote 1

Right,...you'd think he said somebody like Ciara. This isn't the first time someone has said this about Mdolla...infact she gets more credit for her visuals than her actual "talent". Her career for the most part had been a back handed compliment. Without her eye for great visuals..she would not be Madonna..cuz her talent alone wasn't gonna get her there.

:umm: so why post it?