Kanye .. "Madonna is the Greastest Visual Musical Artist OF ALL TIME

janetDAYZ

my point is if the word is so offensive, no matter age, race, gender, NO ONE SHOULD BE USING IT.....no one here is allowed a "pass" to use it so what difference does age and race make? If the word is offensive its offensive, but its clear to me that a double standard is at play here...if folks call themselves mad at Madonna, they should feel equally if not more angry when someone of color uses the word too.

You are too involved.. "No one should be using it" are you talking about a word or an atomic bomb?

Umm if a 68 year old white woman walked up to you and called u the n-word oppose to a 68 year old black woman... Which one is more acceptable?

You are so caught up in defending Madonna that you are becoming illogical. It's kind of sad really

• Upvote 1

and she didn't use the N-word straight up, it was censored in her own post, and used NOT against someone of color, but her own White son, people are reaching here. Then after that she apologized explained herself and still folks are in a fuss

So what if she apologized.. She doesn't get a pass bc her people made her apologize :umm:

I guess if white people just apologize after using the word.. All will be forgiven

• Upvote 1

You are too involved.. "No one should be using it" are you talking about a word or an atomic bomb?

Umm if a 68 year old white woman walked up to you and called u the n-word oppose to a 68 year old black woman... Which one is more acceptable?

You are so caught up in defending Madonna that you are becoming illogical.

Nope still logical and still holding my position, if either one used it I would find it unacceptable, and its all context, did they intend to offend as Paula Peen did? Or was it used in some other context? either way if the word is no good period, neither party gets a pass ...simple as that.

So what if she apologized.. She doesn't get a pass bc her people made her apologize :umm:

I guess if white people just apologize after using the word.. All will be forgiven

I don't think anyone makes Madonna do anything, maybe it wasn't that deep, maybe she read some comments didn't expect the response and immediately thought man let me clear this up and say what I was thinking and tell them

You are so caught up in defending Madonna that you are becoming illogical. It's kind of sad really

and you still making it about age and race, why I have no idea, then you imply the word is acceptable yet the contradiction here is the word isn't acceptable at all no matter the context nor the person using it.....

Ya'll can't handle Madonna ....that's always been the pressed issue of this board....she didn't use the word 43 times on a song, you never even heard the word out of her mouth, you folks read a censored hash tag off Twitter and got ya panties in a bunch ....say what you have to say respect others opinions stop attacking people whose opinions differ from your own, stop making discussions personal by going against the person and keep that shit moving, you don't agree then don't agree respectfully keep it moving, problem here is folks don't even respect one another to hear the other view, its all about some out talk the other person and you win, bullshit

• Upvote 1

and you still making it about age and race, why I have no idea, then you imply the word is acceptable yet the contradiction here is the word isn't acceptable at all no matter the context nor the person using it.....

The word is acceptable in today's black society.. Saying the word as a black person in music, entertainment, and around friends is socially acceptable. Sorry to update you on that but it's true..

Saying the word, as a 68 year old white person is not acceptable. Yes race matters.. Age doesn't but race does. Madonna lived through the civil rights era.. She lived through the Civil War... Yet she went out her way to say the word anyways to be "cool".. She tries to hard to be someone she's not

I don't think anyone makes Madonna do anything,

No.. She has a PR team.. Like everyone else.. She's no exception.. I'm not here for maybes

• Upvote 1

The word is acceptable in today's black society.. Saying the word as a black person in music, entertainment, and around friends is socially acceptable. Sorry to update you on that but it's true..

Saying the word, as a 68 year old white person is not acceptable. Yes race matters.. Age doesn't but race does. Madonna lived through the civil rights era.. She lived through the Civil War... Yet she went out her way to say the word anyways to be "cool".. She tries to hard to be someone she's not

No.. She has a PR team.. Like everyone else.. She's no exception.. I'm not here for maybes

wait is this about Madonna? I thought we were discussing the N-word? ...nooooo say it isn't so....and who told you it was acceptable in Black culture? Is it? I know plenty of Black folks that won't use the word at all, so that's not true, but again what is true, is Madonna keep ya'll pressed

:o

Who told you it was acceptable in Black culture? Is it? I know plenty of Black folks that won't use the word at all, so that's not true,

And I know plenty of black "folk" who will use it :umm: so there's your fallacy... Unless that "plenty" of black "folk" you know is 51% of this country, your point is moot

Again... You are trying so hard to defend some woman who has no idea who you are that you are becoming illogical with each post

And I know plenty of black "folk" who will use it :umm: so there's your fallacy... Unless that "plenty" of black "folk" you know is 51% of this country, your point is moot

Again... You are trying so hard to defend some woman who has no idea who you are that you are becoming illogical with each post

actually I find more lack of logic here in this post then any of your previous ones, now its about percentages? :blink: did we vote on the N-word? What if you're biracial? Did they get half a vote? did we canvass the entire Black race? and again this is not about Madonna, this is about what is and isn't acceptable, but apparently if you're Black use away..... :wave:

There was obviously no malintent with Madonna's use of the word. She has always been brash and often did and does things in what people say is "poor taste." Because she's Madonna, that comment was blown out of proportion. If you saw any of your friends say on Instagram what she said you would not think twice.

actually I find more lack of logic here in this post then any of your previous ones, now its about percentages? :blink: did we vote on the N-word? What if you're biracial? Did they get half a vote? did we canvass the entire Black race? and again this is not about Madonna, this is about what is and isn't acceptable, but apparently if you're Black use away..... :wave:

It is acceptable to use the word as a black person in this country.. It is unacceptable for a white person to use the word in this country

So If any white person uses the word who is famous, there will be a backlash.. PR nightmare..

I don't make the rules.. I just follow em :coffee: Madonna broke the rules.. She lost supporters bc of it.. Same with Paula Deen.. Same with Cramer

• Upvote 1

There was obviously no malintent with Madonna's use of the word. She has always been brash and often did and does things in what people say is "poor taste." Because she's Madonna, that comment was blown out of proportion. If you saw any of your friends say on Instagram what she said you would not think twice.

exactly!

Doesn't have to offensive.. :umm: And doesn't matter who she is... Bc she's a 68 year old white celebrity..

Doesn't have to offensive.. :umm: And doesn't matter who she is... Bc she's a 68 year old white celebrity..

Yet she received no backlash except for a little internet buzz. Oops. Because Madonna is obviously not racist whereas Michael Richards, Paula Deen, Mel Gibson, etc suffered professionally because the intent and use was different.

Looks like yet again you have no legs to stand on so why don't you sit.

Yet she received no backlash except for a little internet buzz. Oops. Because Madonna is obviously not racist whereas Michael Richards, Paula Deen, Mel Gibson, etc suffered professionally because the intent and use was different.

Looks like yet again you have no legs to stand on so why don't you sit.

I don't think I called her racist :umm: but she clearly lost some supporters from her attempts to be the "cool" grandparent

I don't think I called her racist :umm: but she clearly lost some supporters from her attempts to be the "cool" grandparent

A Madonna fan would not be offended by what she did and thus would not stop supporting her. Of those sparce few in the general public or casual fans that decided it was unforgivable, that's like the pea underneath 20 mattresses... Madonna ain't feelin that.

A Madonna fan would not be offended by what she did and thus would not stop supporting her. Of those sparce few in the general public or casual fans that decided it was unforgivable, that's like the pea underneath 20 mattresses... Madonna ain't feelin that.

Those people already had their minds made up about her before the use of the word.

jAilxfHWDSnEs.png

• Upvote 1

A Madonna fan would not be offended by what she did and thus would not stop supporting her.

of course.. bc they're delusional and think she can do no-wrong.. Much like the B-Tards except Beyonce doesn't try to act cool

and we don't know the total damages until she decides to release something...

Prepare for the album to sell like MDNA sold.. 500k or less

my point is if the word is so offensive, no matter age, race, gender, NO ONE SHOULD BE USING IT.....no one here is allowed a "pass" to use it so what difference does age and race make? If the word is offensive its offensive, but its clear to me that a double standard is at play here...if folks call themselves mad at Madonna, they should feel equally if not more angry when someone of color uses the word too.

Black people turned the n-word into a term of endearment. Kind of how gays took the F-word and made it their own.

There is a level of acceptance when a black person says it, because it's an unspoken understanding that, that's what we did with the word.

At this point, outside of the African American community, it is also understood that it's not acceptable and that it's controversial for others to use it. Especially a white person.

Madonna is not stupid and lived through the period where we were "coloreds" and "negro", the uprising within our community to be referred to as black and African-American. She was also witnessed those within our community taking the n-word and giving it less power by turning it into a term of endearment.

The "rappers say it why can't I" BS... is just that...bullshit.

And if she is truly ignorant, she needs to educate herself. Especially If she wants to adopt black children and raise them in this country, because there are many things that her wealth and privilege will not be able to protect them from as they grown into adults.

• Upvote 4