Kanye .. "Madonna is the Greastest Visual Musical Artist OF ALL TIME

janetDAYZ

NOBODY should be using the word. Ignorant black people have no reason to complain that anyone else uses it.

If the conservation is about ridding the word completely. That conversation should be had.

If one doesn't understand how black people in America took a word and gave it less power by adopting it, and wants education on that, that conversation should be had.

The "you can use it why can't I" argument is bullshit.

If the conservation is about ridding the word completely. That conversation should be had.

If one doesn't understand how black people in America took a word and gave it less power by adopting it, and wants education on that, that conversation should be had.

that word will never go away. Now you got latinos using that word as much as blacks and use it as a term of endearment. IDK when people gonna learn. I've said this years ago on the forum "Blacks are the most copied people on the planet". From the way we speak, how we dress, hairstyles, dance, and just behavior period. Tell me when i'm lying tho :coffee:

Yes unfortunately that virus has spread to many parts of the world where many poor black people reside. IMO there is nothing remotely positive about the word.

Are you saying its just white people that shouldn't say it, or all ethnicities? Does it depend on context used? Im curious about the criteria :lol:

that word will never go away. Now you got latinos using that word as much as blacks and use it as a term of endearment. IDK when people gonna learn. I've said this years ago on the forum "Blacks are the most copied people on the planet". From the way we speak, how we dress, hairstyles, dance, and just behavior period. Tell me when i'm lying tho :coffee:

I personally hate the word and don't want anyone using it. However, I also hate seeing the "rappers use it, why I can't I" argument. As if we created the word. Nah... black people took something meant to demean and dehumanize us and changed it.

That's not a pass for anyone to say it though, and some people have an issue with that, because by being in the "majority" they feel it gives them "superiority" as well.

They hate to be told they can't say or do something they see others doing.

• Upvote 1

It is acceptable to use the word as a black person in this country.. It is unacceptable for a white person to use the word in this country

So If any white person uses the word who is famous, there will be a backlash.. PR nightmare..

I don't make the rules.. I just follow em :coffee: Madonna broke the rules.. She lost supporters bc of it.. Same with Paula Deen.. Same with Cramer

This. She knows better.

Yes unfortunately that virus has spread to many parts of the world where many poor black people reside. IMO there is nothing remotely positive about the word.

Are you saying its just white people that shouldn't say it, or all ethnicities? Does it depend on context used? Im curious about the criteria :lol:

I personally don't want anyone using it. Black, white, etc, around me it is not used. Same with the F-word among gay friends.

However, I hate that "they say it, so why can't I" argument. As if black people created the word. No, they flipped something that had been to demean us collectively since our arrival in this country.

The conversation needs to about getting rid of the word completely. Not blaming rappers for why Madonna or anyone else may think it's "okay" to use it.

Madonna was wrong and she deserved what ever controversy it sparked. Doesn't mean she's a racist, but she was wrong nonetheless.

I personally hate the word and don't want anyone using it. However, I also hate seeing the "rappers use it, why I can't I" argument. As if we created the word. Nah... black people took something meant to demean and dehumanize us and changed it.

That's not a pass for anyone to say it though, and some people have an issue with that, because by being in the "majority" they feel it gives them "superiority" as well.

well this is what's happening at my job right now. I got a friend who's in the process of getting fired for using that word. He's white and i've known him for years. He's maybe 21 or 22 and he listens to a lot of hip hop and rap as well as other music. I for one know he's not prejudice. He doesn't try to talk black or act black. He sounds like a regular ass white boy so when you get to saying that word it definitely sounds out of place. Anyway a lot of workers there use the n-word when they're talking and they're not even black. Long story short Sam (a black co-worker) overheard Steven (white boy) talking to someone else and heard him say the n-word and approached him about it. Well they didn't get along anyway so Steven was like "I say what I want. They say it in rap music and other music I listen to" anyway since Steven wasn't trying to hear it Sam went and told management about it. I talked to Sam and told him that Steven's not prejudice and that he's just a very young whiteboy and just doesn't understand. I also told Sam that Miller (ghetto Asian) says it all the time and Sam was like "Oh yeah I know but I don't care if he says it". Steve is on suspension until further notice

and she didn't use the N-word straight up, it was censored in her own post, and used NOT against someone of color, but her own White son, people are reaching here. Then after that she apologized explained herself and still folks are in a fuss

LIke I said there was no reason at all for her to use the word.. And I'm one of a very few on here that don't want blacks using it either..

You are too involved.. "No one should be using it" are you talking about a word or an atomic bomb?

Umm if a 68 year old white woman walked up to you and called u the n-word oppose to a 68 year old black woman... Which one is more acceptable?

You are so caught up in defending Madonna that you are becoming illogical. It's kind of sad really

A Madonna fan would not be offended by what she did and thus would not stop supporting her. Of those sparce few in the general public or casual fans that decided it was unforgivable, that's like the pea underneath 20 mattresses... Madonna ain't feelin that.

Because her fan base is 90% white..

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Because her fan base is 90% white..

Do you mean to insinuate that I as a white person am not offended by the use of that word in a malicious way? Do you also mean to insinuate all white people are the same in this apathy and lack of compassion? Because if you are painting an entire race with one stroke, I think you need to reconsider who exactly is ignorant and prejudiced.

• Upvote 1

Do you mean to insinuate that I as a white person am not offended by the use of that word in a malicious way? Do you also mean to insinuate all white people are the same in this apathy and lack of compassion? Because if you are painting an entire race with one stroke, I think you need to reconsider who exactly is ignorant and prejudiced.

The word doesn't offend you the way it would a black person.. There is no possible way you can feel the same way...
  • Upvote 2

The word doesn't offend you the way it would a black person.. There is no possible way you can feel the same way...

And there's no possible way I said I could. The point is Madonna's fans know who she is and what she stands for, which is why they would not be offended.

And there's no possible way I said I could. The point is Madonna's fans know who she is and what she stands for, which is why they would not be offended.

And they reason they would not be offended is because 90% of them are white..

I don't think anyone called her a racist.. They just said she was really STUPID for using the word when there's no reason at ALL for her to use it..

And they reason they would not be offended is because 90% of them are white..

I don't think anyone called her a racist.. They just said she was really STUPID for using the word when there's no reason at ALL for her to use it..

So you are ignorant then, glad we confirmed that.

This shit irritates me.

That is the essence of equality. If you want to be an equal part of society then you can't keep making exceptions and special circumstances for yourselves. It's a word. I use it around any black person who speaks it to me and I don't give nary a fuck if he/she cares. Mind you, I am no parts black.

Most black people are ass-backwards about equality. They want it but they still separate themselves by being the only people allowed to use the word, and still wanting to be an exception to the rule because of a retired oppression that no member of the current generation has the slightest clue about. That sense of entitlement is part of what is keeping black people separated in society. The notion of equality bears no exceptions. Equal is equal, all or nothing.

• Upvote 1

This shit irritates me.

That is the essence of equality. If you want to be an equal part of society then you can't keep making exceptions and special circumstances for yourselves. It's a word. I use it around any black person who speaks it to me and I don't give nary a fuck if he/she cares. Mind you, I am no parts black.

Most black people are ass-backwards about equality. They want it but they still separate themselves by being the only people allowed to use the word, and still wanting to be an exception to the rule because of a retired oppression that no member of the current generation has the slightest clue about. That sense of entitlement is part of what is keeping black people separated in society. The notion of equality bears no exceptions. Equal is equal, all or nothing.

Are you fucking drunk????? Your whole statement is bullshit..

This shit irritates me.

Hence why you don't get it.

• Upvote 1

This shit irritates me.

not me. Idc if someone is from the hood or grew up a certain way then I feel no matter what race they are i'm fine with it. Also "we" blacks made that word mainstream just like we've done a lot of stuff. Now if Billy from Kentucky who grew up on a farm started using the word i'd be like :umm:
  • Upvote 1

Hence why you don't get it.

You believing that I can't comprehend something based on my skin color is more ignorant than me believing you and the likes of the current generation fail to comprehend the ecology of equality. You're actually backing me up while you have no logical reasoning to root of my lack of understanding.